10 Random 10/10 Tracks:

Started by Tha_Goat, May 13, 2020, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Sav Stanfield

May 22, 2020
    Man, your taste in music never ceases to amaze me. You must have been a big fan of ringtone era music?

Ordinary Joel and Michael Myers like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  2. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

May 22, 2020
    Lmao what u mean?

Yessir! There was a thread dedicated to it I think last year (dont remember who did it) lots of stuff I liked! Usually I like music w a little energy, not monotone (hence why I dont really like gunna or even some future stuff) but I also appreciate laid back stuff on occassion. Basically there is lots I like and lots I dont really like lol

Sav Stanfield and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Sav Stanfield and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  3. Sav Stanfield

May 22, 2020
    Em/Jay on one side and excessively blatant pop-rap on the other. Nothing wrong wrong with that by any means but I just find it interesting. I guess makes sense you wouldn't like most modern trap or the Griselda type stuff. What are your thoughts on like Juice WRLD, A Boogie, YNW Melly? Maybe Cordae, JID, Earthgang?

Apr 25, 2024
  4. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

May 22, 2020
    That's exactly it! I like diversity. Like, today I listened to Future, Pitbull, 50, Jay Z, YNW Melly, Migos new song, Dua Lipa, Weeknd, Ludacris, Wayne, Rihanna, Kanye, Drake, Denzel Curry... and I only listened like an hour. I like to switch between styles.

People seem to think I dislike trap but thats not the case at all. I listen to thug and/or future and other (trap) artist like on a daily basis. I just think a lot of -newer- rappers overdo it and every trap song sounds the same to me, thats why I dont really like a full trap album, too similar. I do like most of the songs though. Same goes for Griselda. I can appreciate their style and I like one song but 15 in a row? Nah thanks. Same goes w oldschool styles btw I'm not just 'picking on' new rappers. Lil Pump is also dude full of energy I like him despite him being kinda silly. To me gunna and migos (mostly) and some others are so monotone and boring the way they rap, add the fact that I shake my head when I hear that drum pattern I heard 100 times and it quickly seems like I'm hating on it. Especially when its a album full of it lol. That is why I prefer albums like Kanye and Jay make, every song is a completely different style.

I like Juice WRLD and YNW Melly. Their music is catchy as f---, I got Mixed Personalities (w Kanye, why was he so good on that song but s----d so hard on his albums?) stuck in my head all day.

I also like a Boogie. Heard of the other 3 but never checke them out iirc, will do in a minute!

Ordinary Joel and Sav Stanfield like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Sav Stanfield like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  5. Sav Stanfield

May 22, 2020
    @The Shape I'm realising you wont like those other three - JID, Earthgang and Cordae. Just a few songs here and there probably.

Thats totally fair and I can see why you're not albums kinda person lol. But it makes sense that you'd like A Boogie, Juice and Melly. If I can think of any other similar artists I'll let you know!

Apr 25, 2024
  6. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

May 22, 2020
    Thanks dude. Threads like this and ur song of the day thread always make me find new music even if its 20 years old (or new, doesn't matter). So thats always cool!

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024