NFL 2015 NFL Playoffs: Championship Round

Started by SWERVO, Jan 18, 2016, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. FLORIDA MAN

Jan 26, 2016
    I agree. I'm so glad he isn't coaching in Denver anymore.

Fitzy likes this.
    Fitzy likes this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  2. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Jan 26, 2016
    McDaniels did the same bs against the Giants in Super Bowl 42. Brady got killed in that game, and they ran like nothing but 4-5 wide in shot gun.

I f---ing miss Bill O'Brien so much. I hope McDaniels leaves for a head coach position and stays the f--- away from Brady.
    Disagree about our corners lol.

The only reason Denver scored two TD's was because Patricia/Belichick respected Manning too much, and they used the same defense they used to against Manning (drop back everyone into zones and let Manning move down the field).

Once they realized Manning has zero arm, they played tight man to man, blitzed up the middle, and Denver couldn't do anything. Logan Ryan and Malcolm Butler, when in man coverage, played exceptional, especially Logan Ryan. The guy has been a huge surprise this year.

Also, Edelman, Amendola and White were huge down the stretch. Were we watching another game? Edelman took some huge f---ing shots, and still hung on, and Amendola had a bunch of big plays. James White was probably the unsung hero of the offense, aside from Gronk.

Blame McDaniels, for not having any creativity or basic football knowledge.
    In 2013, Carolina was 12-4, and had a first round bye, so I don't really think they've come out of nowhere. They underachieved last season.
    You must be young, because the 90's were full of snooze fests lol.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    0 0
    Apr 27, 2024
  3. JMG

JMG Teflon

Jan 26, 2016
    Im very excited for this SB. Great match up. Interested to see how Denver will handle the Panthers offense. I hope they can do it for Peyton but Im thinking hes gonna throw a lot of picks.

0 0
    Apr 27, 2024
  4. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

Jan 26, 2016
    There was really nothing he could do though. Last play to tie the game, no one was open, you just have to try to force one in there and hope your reciever can make a play.

0 0
    Apr 27, 2024
  5. FLORIDA MAN

Jan 26, 2016
    Just please please don't be a repeat of 2014. I still haven't lived that one down

Mike Tyson and Fitzy like this.
    Mike Tyson and Fitzy like this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  6. TimmyT

TimmyT The Bride

Jan 26, 2016
    dude, ONE good season doesn't hold much weight. the panthers haven't shown any signs of consistency over the years. yet this year they come out and almost had a perfect season AND make it to the superbowl after only winning 7 games in the regular season last year.

i'd say that's coming outta nowhere lol

0 0
    Apr 27, 2024
  7. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Jan 27, 2016
    Any team with a top rated defense (to me, meaning top 10), and a top rated rushing attack is capable of going on big runs. Or just a stable offense.

Carolina has had one of the top defenses and top rushing attacks the last few years. I'm not really shocked.

Cam Newton just finally put it all together.

There are plenty of teams in the NFL right now that are capable of doing the same thing. That's why the NFL is set up the way it is. I hate to say it, but the New York Jets are one of those teams.

One good season is all it takes nowadays. It's been like that since the salary cap has been installed. That's why teams usually change drastically from year to year.

The only franchises that have had any continuity over the last decade are the Pats and Steelers, maybe even the Packers. That's about it.

Most teams only have a 3-5 year window, then it rotates again.

Now, if the Browns went on a Super Bowl run? That'd be "out of nowhere"... But Carolina has been to the playoffs for three straight years, and had a bye in two of them. Am I shocked at 15-1? Sure. But them going to the Super Bowl? No.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    0 0
    Apr 27, 2024
  8. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Jan 27, 2016
    I really don't wanna see Peyton go out like that. The last Super Bowl he was in was hard to watch.

0 0
    Apr 27, 2024
  9. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Jan 27, 2016
    I meant the interception he threw in, I think, the 1st quarter. He threw it right to him (Von Miller, I think).

It was awful, because I KNEW the game was going to be a field position battle, and you gave Denver a short field, especially after making it 7-6 at the time.

Denver's offense was only capable of making 2-3 solid drives on the Pats D. I was hoping the Pats would only limit them to field goals on those drives (1 TD and 2 FGs). But, that interception was a killer.

I knew it was going to come down to who wins the turnover battle.

Then again, one of the Pats TD's came from a big mistake by Denver, so I guess it evened out.

Enigma likes this.
    Enigma likes this.
    Apr 27, 2024
Live Thread