France or Croatia

1. France

59.2%
  2. Croatia

40.8%
  1. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

Jul 16, 2018
    What a r-----ed thing to say lol. Do you say NBA teams only win because of slavery? Did Brazil only win the world cup 5 times because of the mixed blood some players might have from Portuguese colonialism? Did Italy only win the cup because of the Roman Empire or some s---? Do you think if the black french players played for wherever their ancestors are from they'd even make it past the group stage? Should the socceroos play for england?

It's just a sport not a DNA geographical gene test. The country's history is completely irrelevant :s

seriously what sort of state does your mind have to be in to even think of something like that with a straight face

Pablo, Alpha, Oldboy and 2 others like this.
    Pablo, Alpha, Oldboy and 2 others like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  2. Fire Squad

Fire Squad Boss Don Biggavel

Jul 16, 2018
    @Alchemist34 had no idea you were also into football but you're right on the nail on everything, only thing I'd like to speculate is someone like Pele would have benefited tremendously with the new coaching methods and advanced athletic training, definitely cool to speculate.

One thing we forgot to mention is global inflation that has also drastically changed the course of football history as it's thrown player premiums into oblivion, especially since the 90s when clubs started having more outside investment & revenue started to skyrocket once viewership/demand became more prevalent (i.e Manchester United in the 90s). The last few years really f----- up the transfer market across every continent.

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  3. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

Jul 16, 2018
    The thing I don't like is teams with a lot of money like Real buying all the superstars all the time. I've been rolling my eyes for the past 3 years every time they win the champions league. It's just boring now

Oldboy and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Oldboy and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  4. Fire Squad

Fire Squad Boss Don Biggavel

Jul 16, 2018
    As a fan of them I've enjoyed every second of it (we've actually haven't broke the bank in awhile) but it's true, team-building is almost more impossible now when massive clubs like us consistently hoard all the top-tier talent available. It's the same situation in places like Italy and Germany where Juventus and Bayern have monopolized their leagues and get dismantled once they head into the Champions because of the lack of competition.

It's a big reason why people prefer to watch the Premier League since the tv rights are shared across the entire league and it's an attractive destination to head to if you're trying to seek a better lifestyle or simply for the exposure, not so much a 3 horse race like the Spanish league. It's a miracle some unfacied clubs like Atletico and Leicester have achieved moderate success in this decade

Alpha and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Alpha and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  5. Rodamon

Jul 16, 2018
    Lol chill. Everybody is joking about it, at least where im from. The point here is that modern football is a circus and western countries give citizenship to immigrants immediatley if they are good athletes, which is shameful indeed. NBA is a national league. World Cup is about countries. If u dont see that is weird that practically all players in France are from Africa, but then France itself still has a problem about marginalization and ghettos and racism.. i just find it very cynical. Whatever really

Alpha likes this.
    Alpha likes this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  6. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

Jul 16, 2018

Nearly all of the black players of the French national team were born in France. There are black people in France because of history yes. ..Don't see what it has to do with the world cup. They are french. They're french citizens so they play for france. Serena Williams represents the U.S in tennis because she's american. Literally what does it matter how our ancestors came? In national sport you represent the country you're a citizen of, not where your ancestors dating back centuries came from

Do you think these black french players came by boat recently from the migrant crisis? They weren't given citizenship because they're good athletes lol they were born there so they automatically get it

And finally, the French national football team is just a football team, it's not a government or a human rights commission. The job of any national sports team is to pick the best athletes of that nation...

Apr 23, 2024
  7. Rodamon

Jul 16, 2018
    I know I used big simplifications in my first statement, but basically what I mean is that In European sports, so so many people cheer for the African guy, while in real life they are ok with putting borders and letting them drown in the Mediterranean. We are having hundrends of Africans dying in our sea every year. Lots of football fans are extremely racist and they show it when they go to watch a match at the bar or at the field. If the black guy plays against my team, he is a monkey. If he plays with my team, he is my hero. I was just mocking the irony of it, like again, really, many others are doing in the press and social media.

Alpha likes this.
    Alpha likes this.
    Apr 23, 2024
Live Thread