A$AP Ferg Details A$AP Yams Tribute adidas Shoe

Started by Thy, Dec 7, 2015, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Thy

Thy 000000

Dec 7, 2015
    A$AP Ferg held an Art Basel eventyesterday featuring photography of A$AP Mob and a painting by him with the purpose of honoring the late A$AP Yams, who passed away earlier this year.

Recently speaking with Complex, the Trap Lord detailed why he made his first collaboration with adidas Skateboarding a tribute to his fallen friend.

"I wanted to have more of my lifestyle in it," he explains. "That’s when I went to go paint the painting of Yams and tribute a shoe to Yams. I did all of the Trap Lord logos everywhere with 'Always Strive and Prosper' on the side. I figured kids would love that even if they didn’t want to wear it. They'd want to put it in a glass box or have it as a collector’s item just to remember."

A$AP Ferg also explained how his deal with adidas came about and why they finally decided to collab with him.

"The conversation was always there, they just wanted to see where I was going as an artist," he said. "They wanted to live with me a little bit to see my brand, to see my lifestyle, so they can know how to market me. I think we did pretty well as far as marketing, and the shoe design is dope, which I designed myself, and they really understand my brand, Trap Lord. From there we were able to put out a good product."

http://hiphopdx.com/news/id.36547/title.aap-ferg-details-aap-yams-tribute-adidas-shoe

Flacko likes this.
    Flacko likes this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  2. Thy

Thy 000000

Dec 7, 2015
    Really hope flacko hasn't posted this already

0 0
    Apr 23, 2024
  3. Flacko

Flacko Too Blessed To Be Humble

Dec 7, 2015