Kanye West A different look on TLOP and So Help Me God

Started by Sigmatempus, Oct 7, 2016, in Kanye West Add to Reading List

1. Sigmatempus

Oct 7, 2016
    So I was thinking about what people said.

How Only One and All Day created two contrasting sounds and that it was hard to create an album out of that.

But I feel that TLOP retains the same sentiment as So Help Me God. Ever since I saw the All Day being semi-leaked and FourFiveSeconds being released I slowly received a concept of time. I don't know how far he went with this, but having tracks like 30 Hours, NMPILA, All Day and Fourfiveseconds made me consider it.

On TLOP we see Ye all over the place, literally bouncing between sounds and bouncing between attitudes. However Ye tried to bring a mixture between message (honesty, meaning etc), product (party music) and innovation (new sounds, artistry). Pablo does not only represent Saint Paul (message) but also Pablo Escobar (product) and Pablo Picasso (innovation).

So with all the information that was available (the leaked tracklists, tracks rumored to be on Pablo, leaks etc...) I decided to compile a tracklist that represents what Pablo could have been if it were So Help Me God.

(Keep in mind, Ye had a writers block during the Yeezus period where he had a more futuristic sound, as a result of this the album switches from somber to angry)

Big ups to @BigCountry with the SHMG, Waves and SWISH mixtapes which inspired me to make this tracklist. I wanted this to be a concept album really bad so I tried to have a bit of a story and concept behind it.

1. Wolves (feat. Sia, Vic Mensa & Frank Ocean)
    I felt this was a great opener to the emotional state Kanye was in right after Yeezus, with the pent frustrations and the paranoia looming above him as he rose to larger than life fame.
    2. Feedback
    Kanye essentially announces his return to music in a Kanye way, he's back and Ye season in full swing my n-----.
    3. Piss on Your Grave
    An extension of the situation Kanye was in and him trying to release his frustrations through another song that showed his distaste for people.
    4. Feel Like That (interlude)
    Here, Kanye recognizes his personality has been all over the place and paranoia and happiness are not as stable and separate as they used to be.
    5. Sanctified (feat. Big Sean & Rick Ross)
    Kanye turns to religion to find peace at mind, he accepts his lifestyle in a more fun positive way. Basically giving a middle finger to the people who said he was spazzing and wylin.
    6. Blessings (feat. Big Sean & Drake)
    Recognizing the lavish lifestyle Kanye recognizes he's blessed, people ain't up to his level, and people want to see him broke but f--- those people.
    7. All Day (feat. Allan Kingdom, Kendrick Lamar & Theophilus London)
    Here he's at the top of his game, money wise and rudeness. He took inspiration from Grime artists to show his lavish lifestyle in a more ''in your face'' type of way, and this is the high point of the album. It also is a statement that ''Ye's for the people'' he makes music for the fam.
    8. 30 Hours
    Looking back on a past relationship and a negative experience, 30 hours and All Day perfectly contrast each other, since Kanye is humble here and recognizing the mistakes he made. This beat begs for contemplation and looking back at past experiences.
    9. No More Parties in L.A (feat. Kendrick Lamar & Freddie Gibbs)
    This a come-up story as much as it is Kanye taking a look at his current life and the hazards that come with marriage. He worries about his children and the climate he's bringing them up in. This also relates back to All Day and Sanctified where he takes a look at his life in a more shallow carefree way.
    10. Fade (feat. Ty Dolla $ign & Post Malone)
    I always saw this track as Kanye reaching some sort of low-point, he questions his love for his family, and this relates back to Feel Like That where he switches between personalities.
    11. When I See It (feat. Drake & The Weeknd)
    This track just screams relationship issues. Relating back to Fade, he might have had a bad experience during his marriage with Kim and comments on the relationship he has currently.
    12. Real Friends (feat. Ty Dolla $ign)
    Here he questions family matters and how fame has affected his relationship with his family and friends, he's being brutally honest here as one of the other low-points on the album.
    13. FML (feat. The Weeknd & Travis Scott)
    If Fade was a low-point this is rock bottom because he questions his relationship, he questions the media, he wonders why the f--- he shouldn't give everything up and just f--- his life up, pure raw emotion and anger unlike Piss on your Grave where it was just frustration.
    14. Awesome
    He just wants you to know that Kim is Awesome, and that his past arguments don't mean f---ing s---, he loves her and that's all that matters.
    15. Figure it Out (feat. Nas & French Montana)
    Here Kanye essentially just accepts the fact that his decisions are difficult and dealing with his emotions is just part of life.
    It's a more sentimental part of the album.
    16. FourFiveSeconds (feat. Rihanna & Paul McCartney)
    He's close to being over the edge so he stops giving a f--- and tries to live his life the way he wants to. He accepts his emotional instability and tries to ask for forgiveness for his actions.
    17. Only One
    An excellent closer for the album and ending it on a silent note, Kanye is at peace with his family and loss of his mother. He carries himself on to his family and seeks forgiveness for his past emotional outbursts. It contrasts Wolves in such and amazing and touching way which shows true progress and acceptance.

I'm not sure on the policy on links anymore but I'ma try to create a mixtape with these tracks.

Some edits to the tracks
    *Wolves is a remix with Frank Ocean and the latest version of TLOP
    *All Day is the leaked remix with Kendrick Lamar
    *Real Friends and 30 Hours are the soundcloud versions
    *NMPLA is the original TLOP track Freddie Gibbs' verses mixed in
    *Fade is the bass boosted version
    *When I See with Drake and The Weeknd is a remix my friend made it also features Mike Dean's solo
    *FML is a remix of the recently leaked track and the album version courtesy of @BryanFlambe

Keep in mind that it has a pretty long run time. But I felt that each track contributed just as much to this album as the other.

Album Cover:
    [​IMG]

Edit: PM me for the link lmao cause I'm still not sure if it's allowed.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    Jakey, Ordinary Joel, Cerrone and 6 others like this.
    Jakey, Ordinary Joel, Cerrone and 6 others like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  2. neologo

neologo Sun dont shine in the shade

Oct 7, 2016
    nice

BryanFlambe likes this.
    BryanFlambe likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  3. Cunner

Cunner belter skelter

Oct 7, 2016
    This thread is the giving tree of threads

BryanFlambe likes this.
    BryanFlambe likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  4. NicoleCurry

NicoleCurry gayflowergirl

Oct 7, 2016
    Nice

0 0
    Apr 20, 2024
  5. Littlezy

Littlezy SXN 80 FORUM GOAT AF, LOVE U GUYS

Oct 7, 2016
    Bless me with a PM fam

0 0
    Apr 20, 2024
  6. Feel No Wayz

Feel No Wayz faked death found kanyeleaks trolled sharkytank

Oct 7, 2016
    Me too

0 0
    Apr 20, 2024
  7. Bandz Lance

Bandz Lance new name same don

Dec 7, 2016
    No Ultralight Beam or Ultralight Prayer...boi if you don't get outta here

0 0
    Apr 20, 2024
  8. Arran

Arran yung la flame

Dec 7, 2016
    Let me get a pm bro

0 0
    Apr 20, 2024
  9. Bandz Lance

Bandz Lance new name same don

Dec 7, 2016
    Bless Don Voyage with this PM, please fam.

0 0
    Apr 20, 2024