Eminem Airmax's review of Kamikaze

Started by airmax, Sep 6, 2018, in Eminem Add to Reading List

1. airmax

Sep 6, 2018
    After Revival, Em finally stopped the bs with filler songs, pop samples / cut and paste hooks.
    The gap between Revival and Kamikaze is so huge that I wonder how they could crash that hard with Revival. Given what Eminem has in him, it's a mystery. It's even more strange that Em saw it happen on the song "Believe". I'm beginning to think he foresaw how Revival would be critically received.
    "Believe" is clearly a hidden door towards Kamikaze. What he says on the chorus makes much sense after hearing that new album. But that's another subject.

The overall production of Kamikaze, beats, flows, hooks is crazy. Best album since TES.

Special thanks to my good friend Mark who told me to tune in to the "last Eminem album".
    I was like... you mean Revival?
    Then I googled "Eminem" and had a ball reading about Kamikaze!

How good it is to hear that album after Revival... Even if Revival is only half trash to me. The other half is strangely good. I won't forget Castle, Believe, Bad Husband, Tragic Endings...

Songs rating :

The Ringer

No goosebumps while listening to it but these different flows are great. This song lacks replay value, it's an intro song / freestyle. No hook unfortunately.
    7/10

Greatest

Everything is crazy on that song.
    Beat, chorus, flows, lyrics are awesome. Eminem proves he still got it. That song is better than his 3 last albums combined, and I loved songs on each one of them...
    9,5/10

Lucky You

Props to the guest Joyner Lucas, amazing flow.
    The Eminem break is ... perfect. And the beat switch is incredible. His verse is awesome, undoubtedly one of his best since 2009.
    9,5/10

Normal

Slim Shady monologuing about love... could have been a SSLP song, the instrumental is insane.
    Reminds me of "Same Song and Dance". Em's flow weakens on the 3rd verse but the end of the song is so good.
    8,5/10

Stepping Stone

Classic Em sounding like his best songs from Encore and Recovery.
    That hook.... I clapped like a moron when I heard it for the first time.
    We knew D12 was no more since years, but that's a beautiful homage. Great song!!
    9,5/10

Not Alike

The chorus makes fun of modern rap. That's why I hate it ! But the idea is good.
    Royce sounds perfect on that beat.
    The Eminem part about Machine Gun Kelly and the beat switch are great. It gives even more replay value to the song.
    8/10

Kamikaze

The beat and chorus are insane and goofy. I hope the "Fack" reference was there to remind Em not to do again.
    8/10

Fall

d---. f---ing great song.
    Instrumental, beat, hook, lyrics and flow are crazy. Especially the 3rd verse, which is a BOMB. Maybe my favorite verse on that album.
    Favorite song with Stepping Stone in terms of replay value. Classic!
    It's good to see Em at that level after Revival.
    9,5/10

Nice Guy

OK. Jessie Reyez is amazing. Her voice reminds me of Selah Sue.
    Song is too short, and that's too bad because the hook they sing together is mesmerizing.
    The s--- my d-ck part is unlistenable.
    6,5/10

Good Guy

Beat and smooth flow, plus that vocals in the back ... great song. Too short alas, needs a couple more verses ! Too bad ! The outro is crazy ! Best Em love song until "Twisted" for me !
    9/10

Venom

I preferred "Phenomenal" but the beat is good. Plus the Venom thing grows on me since the "Fall" video !
    Venom is good but it's a little weak compared to the rest of the album.
    7,5/10

I bump that album 24/7 !

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    Tal and marokko_486 like this.
    Tal and marokko_486 like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  2. marokko_486

Sep 6, 2018
    Pretty much on par with how I see it. Bht I'd give the Ringer at least a 8

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024