1. rapmusik

Apr 12, 2017
    actually very excited to see this. trailer looks great

Kon and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Kon and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  2. ComfortablyNumb

Apr 13, 2017
    In your guys' opinion what are the best posthumous Pac songs (not including the Makaveli album)? I'll admit I haven't heard much of his posthumous stuff. I do love "Soon As I Get Home" from Pac's Life but that's pretty much the only one I listen to. I've also listened to some of Loyal to the Game just because Em produced it but that one was kinda weird. Em changed the pitch of his vocals on some songs IIRC and edited his voice to say "G-Unit". It just felt weird to listen to and I never finished it. I also of course know "One Day at a Time" which is pretty good.

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  3. Kon

Kon

Apr 17, 2017
    LTTG and Pac's life are 2 of the worst of the posthumous releases imo, probably the worst if you don't count the remixed bs.

For posthumous albums I like until the end of time, better dayz, still I rise and r u still down.

Anyways young noble of the outlawz posted an interesting letter on the outlawz twitter about all the behind the scenes bs about this movie and Pac's estate. He also said John Singleton got fired from this movie, he didn't quit. Said John got fired cuz he was gonna make a scene with Pac getting r---d in jail, and also was gonna make Afeni a lesbian lol.. so definitely glad they got rid of him..

Apr 18, 2024
  4. shahidah

shahidah watch me work it JT

Apr 17, 2017
    this gonna be wack

still gonna see it though:happypepe:

Apr 18, 2024
  5. Charlie Work

Charlie Work Level 5 Goblin

Apr 17, 2017
    Written and directed by nobodies. Prob gonna be garbage.

Apr 18, 2024
  6. ComfortablyNumb

Apr 18, 2017
    Okay I'll check those ones out. Thanks. And yeah those scenes Singleton wanted to do didn't sound necessary at all. The f--- was he thinking?

Ordinary Joel and Kon like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Kon like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  7. Kon

Kon

May 8, 2017
    Some raw footage of a few scenes+pics from the movie.

Starting to get pretty excited, we're only a little over a month away now.

Meero and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Meero and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  8. Kon

Kon

May 12, 2017
    2 more clips are out, both pretty short.

Apr 18, 2024
  9. TimmyT

TimmyT The Bride

May 25, 2017
    i saw a preview/trailer for this on TV last night. def gonna go see it in the theater

Kon likes this.
    Kon likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  10. UofLCard

UofLCard MCMXC

May 26, 2017
    Why am I not seeing much about this? It's coming out in only a few weeks, and it's about one of the most well known rappers who lived.

Kon likes this.
    Kon likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  11. Kon

Kon

May 26, 2017
    I'm feeling like there's not a ton of promo on TV, yeah. They're going on a tour around the country with an exclusive trailer and some merch and stuff. I've also seen the director give an interview but it was just online and didn't have many views..

I still think it'll be successful, I don't know if it'll pass straight outta compton or not cuz that was huge..I hope it does though cuz I'm a Pac stan lol. I'm hyped as f--- for it regardless of how it ends up doing at the box office.

0 0
    Apr 18, 2024
  12. SHUDEYE

SHUDEYE Kerser is the sickest.

May 26, 2017
    He's nailed the voice

Kon likes this.
    Kon likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  13. Kon

Kon

May 26, 2017
    Agreed, he had the laugh down really well in the clip with Jada's character too..so I'm pretty confident in this guy. In the trailer I was a little concerned bout him not having Pac's energy at times when he talks, but even if that's the case..oh well, can't expect perfection. I'm not too concerned, think he'll do a good job. It's crazy that he was working at Target before getting this role lol. Now he's playing Pac in the biopic of his life.

SHUDEYE likes this.
    SHUDEYE likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  14. SHUDEYE

SHUDEYE Kerser is the sickest.

May 26, 2017
    i
    i havent followed it much but was a bit unimpressed with what i'd seen, however I just watched that one with his mum and the voice was d--- good - changed my opinoon

Kon likes this.
    Kon likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  15. Detroit24

Jun 1, 2017
    hope this lives up to the hype...and compares to Straight Outta Compton movie...a lot riding on the people who made this movie to keep 2pac story great because it was in real life

Apr 18, 2024
  16. Kon

Kon

Jun 3, 2017
    d---, 6 more short clips if interested, all less than a minute but still some good stuff:

This is the first clip I'm not too thrilled with that I've seen from AEOM, he's not rapping the verse with as much passion and energy as I feel Pac would, and just the basic bouncing up and down stuff the whole time with not much else doesn't do it for me...doesn't feel like Pac in this scene imo.

Like the acting from em both here, no issues with this clip. Not much to it besides showing Pac and Jada's friendship though.

More Pac/Jada, this is good again...more interesting than the last clip too.

Really like this one too, the lady playing Afeni seems like a good actress as well.

Don't feel too strongly about this one either way, not bad or good necessarily..seems a little too basic at times but I also like it at times..not bad, pretty well known Pac moment.

Overall I definitely like the feel I'm getting from the clips though, I'm pretty confident about this movie doing a good job portraying Pac.

Apr 18, 2024
  17. Kon

Kon

Jun 9, 2017
    15 mins of footage leaked, d---....so much of the movie's already out there. That's probably not good. I'm not gonna watch much of this 15 mins here, definitely very curious but want to save most of the movie for next week when I see it in the theaters.

But here's the footage if anyone's interested, I read the comments for the video and people are saying Shipp Jr, who plays Pac did a great job, most seem to agree with that..great sign if so.

Apr 18, 2024
  18. D-Nounce

Jun 10, 2017
    In one of the trailers, it shows a closeup of Pac's 50 Niggaz tattoo. It didn't look right after a quick glance so I paused it to have a good look, and it is absolutely atrocious. Whoever was in charge of that department should be ashamed of themselves, it looks like an 8 year old drew it on with texta. I hate s--- like that. If you're gonna have a closeup of a tattoo, especially a figure like Pac, get it right!

Aside from that, I'm really looking forward to this.

0 0
    Apr 18, 2024
  19. Kon

Kon

Jun 10, 2017
    I'm really looking forward to it as well, but I'm starting to worry a bit..I saw this post on a 2pac forum and the guy brings up a lot of stuff that we already know is inaccurate or makes the movie iffy and all we've seen is a few clips and a trailer..Here's "Labelmeanoutlaw"'s post from a 2pac forum and then I'll comment below..

1. "Let's Get It"
    2. "California Love" & "Hail Mary" performed at House of Blues
    3. Interview outside the courthouse. He says "no I'm not mad at them" when nobody said anything. He rushes through it replying to nobody. In the real footage, a reporter asks 2Pac if he's mad at his co-defendants.
    4. EDI & Noble trying to play themselves in their early 20's.
    5. The director is a f---ing music video director. Don't show me a link to the 1 or 2 trash movies he's done.
    6. L.T. Hutton lost any type of credibility and goodwill from Pac fans with that terrible piece of s--- called "Pac's Life".
    7. The guy playing Pac has zero acting experience. I would much rather have someone that looks nothing like 2Pac but can bring that charisma, intelligence, just overall big personality that 2Pac had. Instead stuck with someone that looks somewhat like him. 2Pac after he's stung by a wasp. They took the "lookalikes" route rather than the acting route. Their casting is a joke. "Hey, do you look like _____? Post your pic on instagram!". No acting background whatsoever outside of the Afeni, Mutulu, Jada Pinkett & Kevin Powell roles. I can't even include the Biggie actor as all he's done is 'Notorious'. He was the Shipp of that movie. No experience prior to that.

The 'let's get it' part he's referring to is how it was made to look like a big moment in the trailer and in some of the promo they did, yet Pac never said that in a big moment of his career, as far as we know never said it..so it's stupid.

Number 3 bothers me too, him responding with 'no i'm not angry' when no one even asked him a question(in the movie) makes zero sense...and would have been so easy to do correctly.

4 didn't bother me at first, but could be kinda weird. 5 and 6 are both true and make me a bit nervous, Pac's life was a bad album.

So yea who really knows at this point...I'm excited either way but I know there's gonna be some issues.

Ordinary Joel and D-Nounce like this.
    Ordinary Joel and D-Nounce like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  20. pop

pop

Jun 15, 2017
    I watched the advanced screening last night and I liked it when I walked out, I thought they just about covered every major moment in pac's life, why they wanted a deathrow east etc. but the day after I realised that even though its a 2 and a half hour movie they really missed some key pieces to his life and kinda highlighted the controversy in the media more than anything else. the acting wasn't really that bad. It definitely needs to be a 3+ hour movie or tv series. it's way better than notorious though.

Apr 18, 2024