better album?

1. Venice

8.3%
  2. Malibu

91.7%
  1. Goldy

Mar 2, 2016
    please only vote if you have listened to both projects

Venice is more of a modern, trap style while Malibu has more of a funk / soul vibe.

In my opinion, my vote goes to Venice, and I absolutely love Malibu, but Venice is a perfect project.

There isn't one stand out "bad song" on either album, which makes it even harder to choose. However I feel like Venice fits better with today's style of music and can really be played at anytime anywhere. Malibu is more of "at home" album if that makes any sense. Both albums have the freshest production I've seen from any artist in a long time and if you haven't listened to both of them you are missing out.

For further discussion I'm hoping he continues to switch up his style, maybe venture into darker / slower production. Very excited to see how Dre uses this guy, could be just another one of his gems he's found.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. Tha Story

Mar 3, 2016
    It's really tough.

Both are d--- near perfect projects - and they only way to really separate them is whether you take a preferential liking to the trappy production on Venice or the funky production on Malibu.

Personally for me, Soul, Funk and Disco music is in my DNA - so Malibu just edges it.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  3. Dking002

Mar 3, 2016
    Malibu

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  4. MoRice

Apr 28, 2016
    I like both. Venice is good, but it has some mixing things I can't get behind, and the vibe of Malibu is much more consistent and chill. The sounds on Malibu are warmer, more welcoming, and smoother, which I personally enjoy more. That being said, there is much more singing on Venice, and all of the songs BUMP. I personally think that the music, the lyrics, and the vibe are all around stronger and more personal on Malibu. It's cool though, to see how both projects reflect the places they are named after, and how his growth is reflected on each. I was having a conversation with my friends about which one we liked more, and they were saying that Venice was more unique, more Anderson .Paak, where as Malibu was not unique, and felt more like a copy of Kendrick and Chance. I do get what they're saying, but I don't think anyone quite vibes like .Paak, and I think change in an artist is inevitable, and that both sounds are uniquely Anderson .Paak.

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  5. Winter

Winter Super Comfy

Apr 28, 2016
    Generally prefer Malibu but both are great

Mar 28, 2024
  6. kidkuro

kidkuro local black man

Apr 28, 2016
    Venice is great when I wanna feel nostalgic. It's not an album I really wanna get tired of listening to if that makes sense. I end up going back to Malibu a lot more for that reason. I don't want to get tired of Venice. As for which album I think is better? I really can't say.

Mar 28, 2024