Serious Anyone here take ADHD medication?

Started by SHUDEYE, Jun 28, 2017, in Life Add to Reading List

1. SHUDEYE

SHUDEYE Kerser is the sickest.

Dec 1, 2017
    Got prescribed Ritalin yesterday cos my vyvanse was really not working and being the absolute brainiac i am when drunk decided "hey I'll pop three and see what happens"

Honestly one of the stupidest things I've ever done. Holy f--- I've learned my lesson... I've covered a few bases in the world of drugs and this is honestly as wired as I've ever been. It's 7:30am. I've just sacked sleeping. That's not happening. I've moved on from that.

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  2. SHUDEYE

Dec 1, 2017
    I will never ever abuse my meds again I've never f----- myself in the a--- so bad before...

Apr 27, 2024
  3. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

Dec 1, 2017
    wait is this the instant release ritalin in small white 10mg tablets?

Apr 27, 2024
  4. SHUDEYE

Dec 1, 2017
    Nah i don't think they're instant for memory the doc said he didn't have permission to do short term ones or whatever from my referral

Drinking scotch and cokes and having had an energy drink then thinking hey I'll triple drop these f--- me it didn't hit me until hours later. I gave up on sleep

Apr 27, 2024
  5. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

Dec 1, 2017
    so whats the problem you just can't sleep?

Are you sure the vynase wasn't working anymore though? I think the problem with adhd meds is that they have that euphoric feeling when you first take them and when that feeling fades off after a while you think it's not working anymore but that's how it's supposed to be. You aren't supposed to feel anything. If you feel something like euphoria or being really wired, you've taken too much.

The only way to properly know if it's working is looking back at the end of the day or end of the week and see how productive you were. How much work/ studying you got done etc. Most adhd people take them expecting a euphoric or wired feeling and relying on that feeling and when that stops happening they begin changing meds or upping the dose and the tolerance skyrockets and the abuse begins. In the end they end up having really bad experiences and stop taking them altogether

It's important to remember that if you "feel" the medication, you've taken too much

Ordinary Joel and DKC like this.
    Ordinary Joel and DKC like this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  6. Sp00ky

Sp00ky SectionEighty's Friendly Robot

Dec 1, 2017
    That Lexapro got me drowsy than a heart attack :rickross:

Ordinary Joel and SleepyGhost like this.
    Ordinary Joel and SleepyGhost like this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  7. SHUDEYE

Dec 1, 2017
    I'm just saying i was stupid to take three when i was drunk haha

The issue with vyvanse was i struggled to get anything done I'd get home from work and be so mentally exhausted I've been going to bed at 7:30. Sometimes at work I'd have tears in my eyes from feeling so mentally over worked

Apr 27, 2024
  8. KingZ

Dec 3, 2017
    I just saw this thread but are you still on lexapro and do you still experience mood swings? I got prescribed lexapro in HS but about a year in I started to get crazy mood swings like where I would completely flip mood from feeling like everything is completely amazing and having tons of motivation to sleeping all d--- day and hating life. Turns out Lexapro and other SSRIs can cause rapid mood cycling in people that are bipolar. I didnt know I was at the time and the r-----ed doctor didnt either, I went and got a second opinion and turns out I was misdiagnosed and that was the cause of the problems. I just ended up quitting cold turkey and smoked weed for the entire month to subdue withdraws and things were much more sustainable ever since. If you have a family history its worth checking out.

0 0
    Apr 27, 2024
  9. SHUDEYE

Dec 27, 2017
    I'm still on lexapro but the mood swings haven't been that bad lately. I'm actually on my first day of concerta 56mg (i think) i was on the lower one prior. I have heard things about lexapro tho. Lately I've noticed whenever people talk about a med they had problems with every time I've asked em what it was they've said that which is weird

0 0
    Apr 27, 2024