Anyone listen to instrumental albums?

Started by Trackz, Jan 5, 2018, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

Jan 6, 2018
    Soz I skipped over your post by accident. It's 42 degrees here in Aus I'm f----- right now. :laff: :mjcry:

I've heard of DJ Krush! He's awesome but not my preferred type of producer.

Buddha, Ricky and Big Dangerous like this.
    Buddha, Ricky and Big Dangerous like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  2. joeyp363

Jan 6, 2018
    If someone were to ask hey joeyp363 if you were stranded on an island and had to listen to only one song the rest of your life, what would it be? I would reply No Time For Caution, sir. #itsNecessary

0 0
    Apr 20, 2024
  3. Buddha

Jan 6, 2018
    Hey bro. Yea I'm interested in being introduced to new s---. This is a genre I'm not very knowledgeable in. But there are a few records that got a lot of spins from me over the years. I'm happy to see you recommending Endtroducing. That's a landmark album in hip hop production. Bonafide classic.

Aside from Shadow and the other recommendations in this thread, I can only think of 1 other instrumental album I really f---ing loved (in addition to endtroducing)...

RJD2's album Deadringer (his follow up album was pretty dope too but I prefer deadringer)

As an aside and something recently released, I'm a HUGE Czarface fan. Their DJ/Producer 7L released an instrumental album in 2017 under the Czarface moniker called "First Weapon Drawn". It's really f---ing good if you like that style of hip hop beats and samples. I'm a huge fan of that s---, the comic book samples, 80s and 90s sound effects, old school video games, professional wrestling, and s--- like that.

Don't get it twisted though. I much prefer their other albums where Inspectah Deck and Esoteric are rhyming over the beats but for a side project put out by their DJ, First Weapon Drawn is really good and definitely worth checking out.

Apr 20, 2024
  4. French5000

Feb 14, 2018
    I listen to Madlib , nujabes, Lorn, Dilla, mndsgn theres tons of good instrumental albums out there, one of my new favorites so far this week is this album riht here, something to ride to, get lit to in relaxation

Ordinary Joel, Buddha and Ricky like this.
    Ordinary Joel, Buddha and Ricky like this.
    Apr 20, 2024