Chrollo presents: songs you should add to your playlist right now

Started by Chrollo, Jul 31, 2020, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Sav Stanfield

Oct 1, 2020
    This brings back memories. I had Nu Religion on repeat for god knows how long then they completely dropped off my radar. But that whole album was perfect, crazy how little they're talked about. See they've been releasing new s--- recently but havent kept up at all

Lil Squeed, Ordinary Joel and Chrollo like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  2. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Oct 1, 2020
    Exactly they (lol) make great music and back in 2017 s---'s was really unique

Sav Stanfield and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  3. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Oct 1, 2020
    Day 37: The Neighbourhood - Lost In Translation

Gosh, I love that band. The Neighbourhood might not be unfamiliar for the most of you, since they are some of the more known alternative rock bands with a large fanbase out there. Anyways, there are many people that only listen to the first two of their albums and stopped bothering after that, therefore missing out on some great music. They released their new album Chip Chrome & The Mono Tones not too long ago and it's a great listen. Lost In Translation stood out to me and is my favorite song off the project.

Ordinary Joel and Fire Squad like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  4. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Oct 2, 2020
    Day 38: Jim-E Stack - Sweet Summer Sweat (feat. Dijon)

Jim E Stack is another one of my favorite producers right now next to Keyon Christ. He collaborated with artists like Kacy Hill, Bon Iver, Empress Of, Charli XCX, Haim, Caroline Polachek, Dominic Fike (who might appear sometime in the future in this thread) and most recently with Joji on the song Your Man. I think that gives you a good overview on his style of production, far better than I would manage to describe it to you. He's also active as a solo artist and one of his recent releases Sweet Summer Sweat is in constant rotation since the end of summer. It's a whole vibe and if you like it, check out his discography. I promise it's full of gems and surprises.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    Apr 24, 2024
  5. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Oct 4, 2020
    Day 39: DaveO, Mozzy, ALLBLACK, Eastside Peezy & Yatta - Too Real

Today I got y'all with some hard Bay Area s---, in honor of @Sav Stanfield return and his most recent Artist Spotlight. Digging through Thizzler's Youtube Channel can be a goldmine for lovers of more unknown artists from the best coast. This is how I found out about that song. Since then it's been in constant rotation and it even became a favorite between me and my friends. No wonder, this is a power ballad featuring some of Bay Area's finest and will definitely get you turnt.

Apr 24, 2024
  6. Sav Stanfield

Oct 5, 2020
    god d---, that is a dreamtime Bay Area lineup, glad you posted this. I'm big on ALLBLACK right now, dude's music is spectacular.

WHat was everyone's thoughts on the new Mozzy by the way? He's been on a rampage this year.

Chrollo and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Chrollo and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  7. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Oct 5, 2020
    Beyond Bulletproof is an amazing album and one of my favorites this year. I had high hopes for Occupational Hazard but it was kind of a letdown tbh. All the Mozzy x Blxst songs are phenomenal though, they both harmonize greatly together

Sav Stanfield and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  8. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Oct 6, 2020
    Day 40: Smoke DZA - Substance Abuse (feat. Den 10)

I stopped smoking weed a while ago but this reminds me of some good times. That beat still goes crazy, definitely a underrated smoke sesh song. New Smoke DZA album out now!

Apr 24, 2024
  9. Sav Stanfield

Oct 7, 2020
    I've never got into Smoke DZA but always wanted to. Whats the essential starting point?

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  10. Fire Squad

Fire Squad Boss Don Biggavel

Oct 7, 2020
    He's dropped a s--- ton of projects over the course of his career. Nothing mind-blowing, but there's always a couple of cuts that will pique your interest--I'd start with his first tapes Substance Abuse + George Kush Da Button and possibly his first album Rolling Stoned which had a number of great individual songs. This is the homie's thread but allow me to plug this in here, this is a permabanger:

Apr 24, 2024
  11. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Oct 7, 2020
    I agree with you, Smoke DZA never been a Goto artist of mine and he relies heavy on features but he got some great songs if you do the digging.

Apr 24, 2024
  12. hargydon

hargydon No investigation, no right to speak

Oct 7, 2020
    BANKS is incredible.

This thread is great, found a couple of new artists to delve into - Terror Jr in particular. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    Ordinary Joel and Chrollo like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Chrollo like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  13. Sav Stanfield

Oct 8, 2020
    I have vague memories of hearing this somewhere before, great song! Thanks for the suggestions, Substance Abuse seems like the place to start so will check that out.

digging mode activated

Ordinary Joel, Chrollo and Fire Squad like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  14. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Oct 10, 2020
    Day 41: Dominic Fike - Double Negative (Skeleton Milkshake)

Dominic Fike will blow up and it won't take that long, mark my words. His song 3 Nights is doing big numbers and he is one of those typical "slept on" artists, that are actually kind of popular but haven't hit mainstream yet. Recently he had some bad luck with leaks, one of them being Revenge Luv featuring Baby Keem and the catchy Leave Here which are great indications for things to come. His most recent album What Could Possibly Go Wrong further proves his ability of making great, easy to get into, music. Double Negative is my personal favorite and is produced by Jim-E Stack, who already got a spot in this thread. If you haven't listenend to the album and his previous release Don't Forget About Me, Demos, you should definitely do it asap. Don't sleep on this guy.

Apr 24, 2024
  15. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Oct 12, 2020
    Day 42: 72TMac - So Sick

Honestly I don't know anything about this kid, but that song goes iiiinn. The Ne-Yo sample is used well and his flow is nice, so I thought I might put y'all on this

Apr 24, 2024
  16. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Oct 13, 2020
    Day 43: UnoTheActivist - Aye Yai Yai

Uno never fell off. There, I said it. Maybe missed a few times, but overall has made a solid discography. Shame, that most of his brilliant stuff just gets leaked before he's able to release it. Must be running in the family. Back in July he released his anticipated album 8 and while not having all the songs on there that I wished for, it still provided me with some straight up beautiful jawns. The intro Aye Yai Yai already had me floating at the beginning, followed by the excellent Pure. Definitely a strong start into an album, even though it can't quite hold the quality afterwards (not saying it's bad). I'd still recommend giving Uno a chance if you already dropped him or never listened to him in the first place. New album coming soon!

Ps: Is he fake playing the guitar lmao

Apr 24, 2024
  17. Lil Squeed

Lil Squeed French Montana Stan

Oct 13, 2020
    a man of great taste

Apr 24, 2024
  18. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Oct 15, 2020
    Day 44: Hotboii - Left Lonely

Hotboii is another one of Florida's many talents (his hair is a dead giveaway without even having to listen to one of his songs), who's recently been making waves with his Don't Need Time Remix featuring Lil Baby (who dropped a bomb a--- verse). Also one of his frequent collaborators is 438 Tok who I already covered in my Unknown artist thread (and who will be up next for sure). Back in May Hotboii dropped his album Kut Da Fan On so check it out if you enjoy the song. Left Lonely is his most recent single, a belated summer b-----r if you will so, and drifts away from his conventional sound. Might be an easier access to his music for some people.

Apr 24, 2024
  19. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Oct 16, 2020
    Day 45: Grimes - k--- V. Maim

Yeah I'm posting weird s--- again, but weird s--- is what you can expect from Grimes and I f---ing love it. X Æ A-Xii might have a s-----y name, but he hit the lottery jackpot with his parents being the real life Tony Stark and this fantastic musician, whose albums will make you feel like you're in a sci fi cyberpunk movie.

Apr 24, 2024
  20. Sav Stanfield

Oct 17, 2020
    never stop

Apr 24, 2024