Kanye West BELIEVE WHAT I SAY (Snippet) YE TWEET

Started by Reed Richards, Sep 26, 2020, in Kanye West Add to Reading List

1. WestSideboi

WestSideboi Aftermath Gets The Last Laugh!

Sep 29, 2020
    Studio Sessions | Dem Jointz talks Kanye West and Dr. Dre working on ‘Jesus Is King 2,’ its potential release and more
    https://www.revolt.tv/2020/9/24/21454126/kanye-west-producer-dem-jointz-interview

I had a different question, but I have to go to your time working with Kanye now. How did you two link up?

We linked up when Dre and Kanye was working on the Jesus Is King 2 album. They started it around October of last year. I knew Kanye was working on the project and I knew at some point, he was going to pop up. I was prepared for that.

You already saw Dre’s creative process in the studio. What was it like seeing him and Kanye working on Jesus Is King 2?

Two titans. Two totally different ways of working. The crazy thing was their willingness to compromise and have a great feel of consideration when neither of them have to. That was super crazy. Also, how their different ideas came together and how that sounds. I don’t think the world is going to be abreast to what is happening in the studio, but it was still a super dope experience. Dre actually introduced me to him personally and pretty much told him if he needed anything in terms of things that I do, I’m the guy. Kanye took his word for it and he flew me out to Wyoming. I worked on a lot of things that Kanye is working on. We hit it off from there, too.

What is Dr. Dre adding to Jesus Is King 2? How’s it sounding?

Jesus Is King 2 is super amazing. It started off as being a remix to Jesus Is King 1 before going in a whole different direction. It’s all new songs and maybe smaller elements of Jesus Is King 1. You may have a b-section or pieces of a hook [from Jesus Is King 1]. But, it’s featuring super dope artists. I highly doubt it’ll be released at this point. I don’t think it’s hitting the streets. I think Kanye is excited about different things right now. I think he might be working on something else. I’m not 100% sure.

Ordinary Joel and Ricky like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Ricky like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  2. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Sep 29, 2020
    Oh great, Dr. Dre put his hands on it and here we are, another shelved project smh.

modli and Ordinary Joel like this.
    modli and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 25, 2024