39 vote(s)
    33.6%
  3. Not eligible to vote

16 vote(s)
    13.8%
  1. M Solo

M Solo Fresh Outta London

Feb 9, 2016
    Let's tax successful people so that we can take care of deadbeat college kids!

Nick, Lynch and blair like this.
    Nick, Lynch and blair like this.
    Jun 16, 2024
  2. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

Feb 9, 2016

0 0
    Jun 16, 2024
  3. Yeezus

Feb 9, 2016
    Yeah, but I'm certain that there were still a number of Iowans who support Bernie, but didn't go out to vote because they thought he didn't have a chance. I'm saying that hopefully the Iowa result would encourage those doubters in other states to go out and vote.

I do expect him to win NH, but it'll be interesting to see how he performs in the Southern states.

0 0
    Jun 16, 2024
  4. Enigma

Feb 9, 2016
    Non participants are always a factor though. I'm sure some people didn't go vote because of the weather either. I'm 99% sure Bernie is going win NH. Social media is going to be a s--- storm when he does, I can already see it.

Yeezus likes this.
    Yeezus likes this.
    Jun 16, 2024
  5. Enigma

Feb 9, 2016
    Non participants are always a factor though. I'm sure some people didn't go vote because of the weather either. I'm 99% sure Bernie is going win NH. Social media is going to be a s--- storm when he does, I can already see it.

0 0
    Jun 16, 2024
  6. Yeezus

Feb 9, 2016
    Brace yourself when Trump wins too. :kanye2:

For real though, the vocal Trump haters are so annoying with their unfunny anti-Trump memes.

0 0
    Jun 16, 2024
  7. M Solo

M Solo Fresh Outta London

Feb 9, 2016
    Lol Rubio f---ing LOST.

Proto, Enigma, Yeezus and 1 other person like this.
    Proto, Enigma, Yeezus and 1 other person like this.
    Jun 16, 2024
  8. Yeezus

Feb 9, 2016
    Christie completely annihilated him :psyboom:

M Solo likes this.
    M Solo likes this.
    Jun 16, 2024
  9. Fazers

Feb 9, 2016
    now bernie gotta win a state which isn't 99% white

Yeezus and Enigma like this.
    Yeezus and Enigma like this.
    Jun 16, 2024
  10. Yeezus

Feb 9, 2016
    Bernie is going to meet up with Al Sharpton for breakfast in Harlem :emoji_wink:

Btw check this out:

dester23 likes this.
    dester23 likes this.
    Jun 16, 2024
  11. Fazers

Feb 9, 2016
    shiiiiiit i might have to meet up with them for that... the problem with al sharpton is i can see that turning people off from bernie as well, although i suppose those would be the type of people which wouldn't vote for him in the first place. bernie really just needs to pick up the black vote and then no reason he can't be the nominee

Yeezus likes this.
    Yeezus likes this.
    Jun 16, 2024
  12. blair

Feb 9, 2016
    Wow, you're an idiot. Look up Apple and talk to me.

Proof you and all the Bernie fanatics have no idea what you're talking about.

0 0
    Jun 16, 2024
  13. Chris_sirhC517

Feb 10, 2016
    At least a tiny bit of context would be nice.
    Proof you and all who oppose him are dismissive and condescending.

See how stupid that sounds?

Btw, I "looked up Apple".
    They are a multinational technology company headquartered out of California. Super sick information. Thanks bro!

I included "taxes" in the search, since that was obviously too difficult for you to direct me to do. And got an article blasting Apple for being #1 on a list of the top 30 companies holding money offshore to avoid taxes, totaling approximately $181 billion dollars in dodged taxes. The only quote denouncing that claim is from Apple's CEO. NO CONFLICT OF INTEREST THERE.

Here is a nice breakdown with some actual information (i know, that is scary to you, but bear with me)
    http://ctj.org/ctjreports/2015/10/offshore_shell_games_2015.php#.VrtLZvkrIdV

EDIT: I can't stress this enough. So, PLEASE read that article. You might learn a thing or two.

So do me a favor, and unless your response is going to have some substance to it, and an actual possible argument. Don't quote me and just stfu.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    dester23 likes this.
    dester23 likes this.
    Jun 16, 2024
  14. dester23

dester23 DonChapagneson

Feb 10, 2016

0 0
    Jun 16, 2024
  15. Lynch

Feb 10, 2016
    You do realize that a corporation can still do business in the U.S even if they were to relocate abroad. Also the high tax rate on corporations is the main reason that they don't bring back a B*** of their earnings to the U.S. Increasing the tax rate will only contribute to this problem.

blair likes this.
    blair likes this.
    Jun 16, 2024
  16. Chris_sirhC517

Feb 10, 2016
    You do realize i haven't seen a single proposal to increase corporate tax rates. Please, if one exists, point me to it.
    I've seen billions of dollars being injected into our tax system by forcing them to pay what they're supposed to be paying. That's all I've seen.

Enigma and Fazers like this.
    Enigma and Fazers like this.
    Jun 16, 2024
  17. blair

Feb 10, 2016
    Apple and a few other very large American corporations have global headquarters in Ireland so they don't pay high corporate tax rates on their earnings. They will never bring that money to the US all because of the high tax rate. Big companies are smart and they will always be smarter than the government. More government regulation pushes companies (and people) to find ways to not pay. It's proven. Your post before this was actually counterintuitive to your argument. Foreign companies don't move to the US because in general they would pay higher taxes. How much more do I have to spell it out for you? What I said before was that higher taxes and more regulation will push companies out of the US. What don't you understand?

You listed a bunch of companies who operate in the US, good for you, it proved nothing other than saying operations in the US are profitable... Great, you don't understand that companies can make money in the US and keep earnings in other countries. You don't understand economics, accounting, or how taxes work but you and all the Bernie supporters should be experts based on your demands. You want companies to stop finding ways to not pay? Make it easier for them to be here.

By the way, you never responded my other question. You have no problem paying for your student debt and everyone else's?

Lynch likes this.
    Lynch likes this.
    Jun 16, 2024
  18. Chris_sirhC517

Feb 10, 2016
    No, lmao.
    I don't have a problem with that. I also don't mind paying $1.61 a week of payroll tax for guaranteed 6 weeks paid vacation leave. I also don't mind saving a few thousands dollars a year for single payer healthcare. See, the thing that s-----y people don't understand is, a majority of americans actually don't mind taxes that go to good causes. Quality Healthcare and education are some of the most basic building blocks for a successful society, so no, I have no problem with that. You are legitimately under valuing education. Knowledge is what pushes societies and our species in particular. Its insane, in my mind, that people can charge tens of thousands of dollars on information that will only benefit society.

Now it's my turn.

You have no problem that the majority of your tax dollar goes to foreign aid and an enormous defense budget?
    You have no problem that multiple 77 billion dollar fighter jets get built, never used, then destroyed?
    You have no problem that you are supporting people on welfare due to a rigged economy and large corporations that pay their employees starvation wages?

As far as Apple goes.
    I'm aware of the Ireland thing.
    The problem is that they pay no taxes to the Irish government either.
    This is fraud.
    This is wrong.
    I understand its a basic business motive to make money and cut costs, I get that. But we need someone that has a spine and tells them they can't do it off the backs of our citizens who will have to foot that bill to pay for those roads that you use. If you do do that, then we place insane tariffs on your imports. I don't know, it is not my job to come up with a sound-proof solution right now.
    All I know is that small businesses don't get that luxury in this country, so they shouldn't either, if they do then they lose access to our market.
    It is immoral.
    That is what I'm arguing.
    Not how or why it exists. I concede that point. That's just common sense.

Enigma likes this.
    Enigma likes this.
    Jun 16, 2024
  19. Chris_sirhC517

Feb 10, 2016
    You think the unlimited contributions these corporations can give to candidates has anything to do with the terrible trade deals that make these loopholes and tax dodging possible? It isn't a case of these CEO's being geniuses that know how to save money. I concede that that will be their motive no matter what. But it's more a case of trade deals being hand written to allow this type of s---. Read up on the TPP, NAFTA, CAFTA, FTAA. It is written FOR THEM.

Lol listen man.
    We can sling mud at each other all day long. I don't have the time or energy to get into a 5 page political argument.
    Just don't assume naivety or generalize supporters of a candidate because you think you know more than they do. I'd ask you what your qualifications are to make that argument but I'm not that shallow, like you seem to be.
    Calling people stupid because they have moral objections that you do not share, reflects more on you, as a person, then it does them.

0 0
    Jun 16, 2024
  20. Lynch

Feb 10, 2016
    Currently you don't have to pay tens of thousands of dollars for an education. Sure most private university's charge high prices to attend, but those are not the only schools available. Besides individuals that can't afford college can easily obtain financial aid through government pell grants and attend virtually any community college without paying a dime out of pocket. Pell grants can also be used at university's to help ease financial burdens. There's plenty of ways for people of lower incomes to get an education that don't require massive amounts of debt upon graduating. Also the economy is not rigged as you put it, anyone has the potential to improve their life and financial standing regardless of where they come from. I would also like to point out that minimum wage is not something that people are starving on. Do you advocate for 15 an hour minimum wage?

blair likes this.
    blair likes this.
    Jun 16, 2024