1. Lil Squeed

Lil Squeed French Montana Stan

Jan 6, 2017
    inb4 Obama hits them with a pardon

Apr 25, 2024
  2. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

Jan 6, 2017
    A lot of these statistics come from police departments themselves. Like I said before, a lot of the time these records such as: amount of times officers have pulled over someone in a given year, amount of times officers have fired their weapon, racial breakdowns of police actions etc. are incomplete if they keep a record at all. So it's not like researchers are making these numbers up. They obtain what they can from police departments and then proceed to go to other outlets such as the bureau of labor and statistics or other independent websites that keep record of police conduct to fill in the blank. The individuals who write these papers aren't idiots either. They are people with masters and PhD's in criminology, sociology, criminal justice, etc. They understand how the justice system works; they're not just some nerds sitting behind a computer screen like you're suggesting. They are some of the most intelligent people in our country telling us: "hey, the criminal justice system isn't fair and needs to be reformed." This isn't a partisan issue either, republicans and democrats both support criminal justice reform. Many republicans in congress agree that we're sending way too many people to prison for too long and it's becoming way too expensive. So again... idk what to tell you. Institutional racism is a very really issue no matter where you look.

Well this is kind of my point. The Dutch don't have harsh stance on drug possession from what I've read online. It's forbidden by law to be in possession of drugs but they don't enforce those laws very much if it's a small amount just for personal. Typically, they'll just issue you a fine (from what I read). Now, could you imagine if Dutch police took the U.S.'S model? Decided to treat drug use as a legal issue and start arresting and locking up everyone who was in possession of an illegal substance. Certainly, you'd find issue with that, right?

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  3. zanny danny

Jan 6, 2017
    Ayo, I hope all the black people in that video get shot once they're outta jail. Those kinda creatures are making the states look bad.

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  4. SharkyTank

SharkyTank I'm back

Jan 6, 2017
    I don't take s--- from no one. Dude called me autistic. He had it coming. You can call me a racist all you want. Doesn't mean I'm racist.... I was just stating I'm done with trolls and animals calling me names. It's fine though.. Don't really care.. Keep thinking you have real unreleased Feel No Wayzz and SoSaveMe .... Just so you know .. Monkeys and Apes are black..or the Spanish word Negro... Not everything has to do with race.. Race isn'

I'm done with people calling me autistic and s---... I'm sorry if you're offended I called someone a monkey lmao ... Monkeys are black.. Not everything has to do with race dumb a---.. Sorry I stand up for myself...

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  5. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Jan 6, 2017
    I never said they were dumb, I said that they weren't on the streets themselves. You can study all you want, but its different from reality.

Yeah sure if the Dutch government would decide to go after drug possession I would think its idiotic. If people want to ruin their body, thats their problem. Selling is different though.

Another thing we don't have here is the fact that every dumb moron can walk around with a gun like in the US. Its forbidden here. So... cops aren't threatened as much. Which brings me back to my point, the amount of danger makes me think people are way too harsh on cops, given the circumstances they have to work. I understand that its very difficult to decide in seconds what they have to do knowing that everyone can pull a gun on you.

I still stand by my point though, that I think its wrong that people talk so much s--- about cops. To clearify, I'm not talking about rules/government/law etc, but the people who do their jobs. The officers who are on the streets. Not the system. I don't think its right to blame them for the actions some of their co-workers do. Most of them are hard working people trying to make a difference, and sometimes make the wrong choices -and sure in some cases they are scumbags- but I refuse to agree with someone who says those indivuduals are all bad. Not saying you do though.

One story out of my own experience:

I walked on the streets a few years back and I saw a group of young people; pants low, hoodies on, looking around very angry/agressive. I was like, scumbags.

A block away I saw 2 people, who walked up to me and asked me where the postoffice was. They had nice clothes on and were very friendly. Nice people I thought afterwards.

Now the first story involved white boys and the 2nd one were 2 black people.

My point: behaviour/attitude is VERY important. I also studied Psychology. Sure it can be misleading.. the 4 boys could be angels and the 2 the biggest criminals, but I had my opinion about them based on how they acted.. I don't give a single f--- if they are black, asian, gay, jews, white people, at all. But if you pull over a car which happens to have blacks in it, some people already say RACISM for absolutely no reason, which is just stupid.

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  6. hoesagain

Jan 6, 2017
    Where do you see BLM in my post?

Fyi i'm refering to the racists torturing the dude not BLM

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  7. Enigma

Jan 6, 2017
    ....look, i like you dude, I really do but really? Are you telling me that someone who has a post graduates degree in criminology or criminal justice doesn't understand the process or mechanics of being a police officer? REALLY!? You don't think at some point in their schooling they had to communicate, obeserve and [probably] volunteer with law enforcement? Com'on dude. To be a police officer in the U.S. all you need is a highschool diploma. You need to be 18 or older and you go through 8 months of training--that's it. This isn't a difficult field to get into or grasp.

Okay then lol this is the corner stone of institutional racism in the U.S. The war on drugs has resulted in a disproportional amount of minorities being locked up for decades now. You clearly agree that the government should not be out mass arresting people for having small amounts of drugs. You agree with the premise here so I'm not sure why you're trying to argue that it doesn't exist?

Okay but everyone knows this. No one is forcing people to become police officers. If you're trying to become a police officer, I would expect you to know that the job can be dangerous. That's something you are choosing to get into, not anyone else. That's not an excuse for them to be doing a s-----y job.

That's pretty much what I've been arguing this entire time. i've said it before: it's not so much an individual issue as it is a systemic/institutional issue. I know WPG took a harder stance on this before that I don't entirely agree but can see where he's coming from. I think most people become a police officer to do good. Most of them don't understand though that the process they are brought through from their training to their protocols to the laws they have to uphold etc. is set up to oppress minorities. Most of them do not realize that. They are following orders; they are doing what they were taught in training; they're busting people for having narcotics and they think they're being a good cop when in reality it's negatively effecting our society. Over time I do also believe police officers start to adapt these racial stereotypes that pretty much come with the job.

When you say "some" it's a very very very tiny percentage. Every situation is different. I don't know one person that would claim a white police officer was racist for pulling over a black person without knowing more context to the situation.

Also, I think your bit about behavior is very important and alarming. The police in the U.S. are given this sense of superiority which is fine because they are the authorities. What's troubling is that this superiority gets to a lot of their heads and you see police officers have power trips. There is no law that states you have to respect a police officer or that you can't be loud toward a police officer. Culture is a big part of the problem with police officers. They see someone wearing certain attire (typically more associated with African-Americans) and they get automatically criminalized. Or they see someone being loud and they automatically need to go see what's happening. And then of course if the person doesn't comply with them, they get angry and detain them while making some s--- up later as to why they detained them. It happens way too often.

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  8. Dread or Alive

Dread or Alive Kamikaze should've been released 3 years ago

Jan 6, 2017
    When you radically propagandize people this is the result. They do radical things.

TheConstant likes this.
    TheConstant likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  9. Dread or Alive

Jan 6, 2017
    Like Obama?

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  10. Dread or Alive

Jan 6, 2017
    :srsguy: I'm confused, you seem to understand why cops do things like pull innocent people over, yet you say s--- like this.

Laws exist to dictate society and maintain control, if black people are disproportionately disregarding the laws (albeit due to disproportionate circumstance) then they will be disproportionately victimized by them as well.

I find it strange how adults condone such a massive rejection of self responsibility.

Michael Myers likes this.
    Michael Myers likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  11. Dread or Alive

Jan 6, 2017
    Not surprising when kids buy into it and feel justified doing stupid s---.

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  12. Enigma

Jan 6, 2017
    Was this suppose to be a clever retort or something?

Are you telling me you've never seen a video of police officers escalating a situation due to a power trip? Com'on dude...

Exactly.... except in many cases these laws are inefficient and don't work. The War on Drugs is failed process. It does not work. Stop-and-frisk is a failed policy, it does not work. Yet we continue to use these laws and polices while funneling minorities in and out of prison.

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  13. TwoSevensOneZero

Jan 7, 2017
    poor wanky offended :futuaface:

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  14. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Jan 7, 2017
    @Enigma The people who studied that stuff know the mechanics but you can't compare it to being on the streets for 20 years lol. All those smartasses need to be put in an uniform for a year, in the streets with huge crime rates where g--- members with guns can jump them any time. With the smartasses I mean the people talking s--- about them of course. I'm overreacting a little, I know people who studied it aren't complete morons, but its different than doing the job for years. The morons I refered to are the ones criticizing without actually knowing what they talk about.

Yeah I think its lame that you can be arrested for having a small amount of drugs but the police officers didn't make those rules. The government does. Over here nobody gives a f--- about that, but we also don't let every idiot carry a gun (which also makes the job over there much more dangerous).

Of course they choose to be an officer themselves.. I don't try to picture them as victims, they know what they signed up for! However I think all the s--- they get and criticism they get for mistakes some of them make, by people who don't know the whole story of the situations, is unfair.

And to turn it around.. people who walk around with drugs or sell it/rob people/hurt people.. they CHOOSE to do that. They know they are taking a risk of getting arested. For the record I'm not talking about the cases where totally innocent people get arrested, but the cases where thugs and criminals gets seen as victims, when in fact they are in the wrong. Like I said Idgaf if people walk around with drugs (I think walking around with guns is much much much worse), but everyone knows its illegal.

I don't think we'll fully agree with eachother but I do think we get eachothers point a little more. I understand and agree the system/rules in the us are lame, but I think its wrong to blame the police officers for it (except the one who actually mess up and hurt innocent people).

And I'm also happy you agree with me that the points wpg made are just taking it too far.

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  15. Enigma

Jan 7, 2017
    This isn't logical at all. So unless you can do a profession yourself, you can't criticize someone else's performance? So we can't criticize athletes, politicians, artists etc. based on their performance since we can't do their profession? That's a lame cop out used to ignore the issues. Especially when it comes to individuals who are studying that particular field. I don't know if you realize what it takes to get a post graduates degree but it's certainly not just all reading books and writing papers. Many post graduates are required to volunteer and observe individuals in their profression for a certain amount of hours. Who are these people you speak of that "criticize without actually knowing what they're talking about." Because it seems like you're using this talking point discredit the findings of actual professionals. Findings that even police support and have changed their approach to policing due to these findings:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2015/10/27/police-data-initiative-5-month-update

It's more than lame lol it's awful. We have hundreds of thousands of people funneling in and out of prison every year due to petty drug crimes. Some of these individuals are serving 10+ years, even life, in prison for possession of a small amount of drugs. Also are you now admiting that there is something systematically wrong with how our government has set up our criminal justice system? Sounds like you're coming around.

Again: who are these people? These sound like people are in the very tiny minority.

If you're serving 10+ years for a petty drug crime, you are a victim. You are a victim of a broken criminal justice system. Many people don't want to sell drugs; they do it to get by and provide for their families. Many of these communities that drugs are rampant in are poor. Obviously they recognize that it's illegal but when you're trying to get by, you'll do what you have to do. You say it's a choice but no many opportunities are available in these communities. They are pretty much pushed into that lifestyle.

Every situation is different like I said. There are laws that police have to unfortunately uphold that are hurting a lot of communities but there are also police department policies that are hurting communities too. Stop-and-frisk, s---t-to-k---, lack of accurate records and not making them available to the public etc. Police are responsible for these policies and do deserve criticism for.

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  16. Dread or Alive

Jan 7, 2017
    Nobody reasonable thinks there isn't room for criticism, the problem is people who make radical conspiracy theories and misread the situation. Police brutality or oppression isn't something restricted to black people in america. Poor people everywhere live s--- lives under oppressive societies (Economic oppression), and you americans make yourselves look pathetic when you seek identity from some special victim narrative.

I live in a place 80% poor btw, anti-establishment propaganda fell out of style.

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  17. Enigma

Jan 7, 2017
    Lol.... I'm not getting into this debate with you. WPG handled this already and it went on for pages and you just didn't get it.

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  18. Sp00ky

Sp00ky SectionEighty's Friendly Robot

Jan 7, 2017
    Robocop is really the only thing that could save this world

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  19. them2eazyboyz

Jan 9, 2017
    1. Monkeys are not only black.
    2. White people share more charecteristics with monkeys then blacks do

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  20. PistolPistol

PistolPistol Inappropriate? So be it. I don't see it..

Jan 10, 2017
    If I saw this in real life. they would all be dead
    Including the stupid b---- with the camera on her face

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024