Eminem Chloraseptic remix ft. 2 chains dropped

Started by SinisterSick, Jan 7, 2018, in Eminem Add to Reading List

1. joeyp363

Jan 24, 2018
    People still talking about this trash verse?

Apr 26, 2024
  2. grizzyp

Jan 24, 2018
    f--king[/QUOTE]

That part of song is terrible and a good example of what is wrong with Eminems music today. Sounds like s--- and is not even properly rapped fast. Also the very beginning of his verse is same s---. Just horrendous. Rappity rap offbeat while rhyming random a--- words together. Wouldn' be half as bad if there was a rhythm to the rhyming. Its Just him writing acapella nonsense then trying to squeeze the bars over a beat that doesn't suit the style.

NAES likes this.
    NAES likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  3. CSA

CSA Architect

Jan 24, 2018
    I like how he raps the first part. That was dope as f---. Sometimes, u can rap about nothing. Rhyming words are fun. Listenin' to a genius set of rhymes by someone is fun even when it doesn't really mean much. It's not like every line means something in rap music of some of the rappers u guys like the most...

Apr 26, 2024
  4. Hareezy

Jan 24, 2018
    No disrespect, but quit nitpicking. Not every sequence of lines has to be super deep or reveal some untold truth that blows away the audience. You're probably just over thinking it tbh.

"This tune is sick, It's luminous, the moon is lit"

- This song is the equivalent of a full moon coming out at night. Monsters (most famously, werewolves) come out at night when the "moon is lit". What does this mean? Eminem is pretty much saying he's a monster. He isn't a human on this "tune".

"A freakin' lunatic, A human computer chip"

- A computer chip, or CPU (central processing unit) is the "brain" of a computer. This is where all of the processing power is stored. CPUs, especially modern day ones, are capable of executing numerous processes simultaneously. So if Eminem = human computer chip, what does that mean? It means that his brain is working like a machine, at a pace that normal humans can't match. Again, alluding to the fact that what he does isn't normal. This is further strengthened by the "lunatic" bit he adds, signifying that his mind doesn't work the same as "normal/sane" people.

I don't use Genius or any sort of lyric annotator (as i think that takes the fun out of listening to lyricists), so this is just what i inferred these lines to mean. Just your typical braggadacio lines that have always been a part of Hip-Hop.

These lines are especially relevant considering the majority of the verse is about the perception that Em is "not as raw i was", so he's showcasing the level of self confidence he has in his rapping ability with lines like these.

Claiming these lines aren't relevant to the subject matter is false. Whether they're good lines or not is debatable, however. (I personally have no issue with them).

Apr 26, 2024
  5. JMG

JMG Teflon

Jan 24, 2018
    Are people seriously calling this verse trash. Wow

Tarre86, NotPaulR, Like Home and 3 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  6. NAES

NAES gay

Jan 24, 2018
    There is absolutely no f---ing way he intended the monsters come out at night/moon thing. He just thought of the word "luminous" which rhymed with "the moon is lit" which is technically related in that its basically saying "the moon is lit up and therefore it's glowing". "this tune is sick" is just an empty brag that rhymes with the rest of it and is only there to start the sentence off with a statement. Then he used "lunatic" because it rhymes and has the prefix "luna"(moon). Theres no deeper subtext here no matter how much you dig. For the record, I liked the rest of the verse, I just think anything bad is worth critizising for being bad.

Apr 26, 2024
  7. VVebber

VVebber Banned

Jan 24, 2018
    Done.

If anyone else wants it leave a like.

Apr 26, 2024
  8. Hareezy

Jan 24, 2018
    Fair enough. I can buy into some of the points you're making. If Em can say "this rap game's nipple is mine for the Milking (ML King)" after saying "had a dream, i was king" on Lighters without connecting the dots between those lines and MLK Jr himself, then it's perfectly reasonable to assume the whole "moon is lit" - monster connection is purely coincidental.

In my opinion, Eminem is (mostly) passed the point of rhyming words for the sake of rhyming (unless you happen to be a celebrity with a convenient name in a "freestyle" . Then all bets are off.) He claims "rhyming is easy, but rapping is harder" in the (correct me if I'm wrong) Complex Interview. To me, this means he doesn't have to stretch himself thin in order to connect lines with words that rhyme. That told me that he's able to think of numerous different rhyhmes at any given moment, essentially leaving him unbound when it comes to the actual content of the lines.

For better or for worse, Em is very deliberate with the lines he uses nowadays (yes, even "This type of pickle that we're in is hard to deal" :/ ). He even mentioned in one of the more recent Revival interviews that he wanted every line to mean something.

Because of this, I absolutely don't believe the use of the word "lunatic" was happenstance. Because if that were true, then the line about the "hooters chick" would be random and not make any contextual sense. I don't see Eminem doing that in a verse like this. Just my 2 cents.

And i dont view "this tune is sick" as an empty brag, but maybe that's just me. It'd be empty if the song actually did s---, but it (arguably) doesn't. To me, this line is the equivalent of "yeah Dre, sick beat" on The Warning.

Now these judgments of mine are only valid under the assumption that Eminem is a logical human being with some level of self awareness and that all the years of me listening to Em has given me insight into how his mind might work. All of which may be completely untrue haha.

But thank you for (kinda sorta?) debating this with me. We may never uncover Eminem's true intentions without being explicitly told, but gaining unique perspectives that contrast from my own is always helpful in gaining understanding as to why an artist does what he does. Also, I've been pretty bored at work so this has been a great distraction haha.

Tal and CSA like this.
    Tal and CSA like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  9. CavalierTD

CavalierTD The Pride of Pittsburgh

Jan 24, 2018
    Imaging typing long a--- paragraphs to defend/attack eminem.

Tarre86, Alpha, Ron Burgundy and 2 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  10. CSA

CSA Architect

Jan 24, 2018

Apr 26, 2024
  11. Hareezy

Jan 24, 2018
    Right? I f---ing hate people who do that.

Tarre86, CavalierTD, JEB and 2 others like this.
    Tarre86, CavalierTD, JEB and 2 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  12. Ron Burgundy

Ron Burgundy I roll up like the bottom of a toothpaste tube.

Jan 24, 2018
    Thanks homie.
    :emron:

Apr 26, 2024
  13. VVebber

VVebber Banned

Jan 24, 2018
    Stay tuned for "The Devil's Night EP" :khaled2:

Ron Burgundy likes this.
    Ron Burgundy likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  14. Ron Burgundy

Jan 24, 2018
    Here's the artwork, I am attaching to your version of the cut:

upload_2018-1-24_18-31-10.png

Apr 26, 2024
  15. VVebber

VVebber Banned

Jan 24, 2018
    :ummmm:
    :scust:

:lol6:
    :emeh:

:ehh:

:notbad:

NotPaulR and Ron Burgundy like this.
    NotPaulR and Ron Burgundy like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  16. Ron Burgundy

Jan 24, 2018
    [​IMG]

VVebber likes this.
    VVebber likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  17. NAES

NAES gay

Jan 24, 2018
    Imagine being a hobo who didn't pay attention in school enough to be able to formulate an argument to defend his opinion

Hareezy likes this.
    Hareezy likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  18. MikkelR1

Jan 27, 2018
    You're a morron man. Its just a typical setting the stage kind of thing with semi-random words and yes its f---ing rap so OF-f---ing-COURSE he choose these words because they f---ing rhyme. What the f--- is wrong with you?

Name any rapper, everyone does this. Non-excluded. Even Loose Yourself, considered on of the best rap songs of all time has these lyrics. Mom's Spagetthi MFer.

Jezus H Christ you guys need to be in special class.

JEB, Tarre86 and NotPaulR like this.
    JEB, Tarre86 and NotPaulR like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  19. NAES

NAES gay

Jan 27, 2018
    Moms spaghetti is a completely valid and relevant line to the subject matter so I don't see what youre saying

Hareezy likes this.
    Hareezy likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  20. MikkelR1

Jan 27, 2018
    Thats bs and you know it. He already said he vomitted, it wasn't needed to explain what it was and it could have been hotdogs. The only reason thats in there is for rhyming sake.

What i'm saying is your full of s---. You're criticizing for the sake of criticism. Name any artist, they ALL do this. Half of them start spelling out words or names as a cop out to connect sentences and keep the rhyming going.

Em keeps flows, schemes, wordplays going line after line after line and your going to b---- about some little things.

Tarre86 likes this.
    Tarre86 likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024