TV Dexter: New Blood

Started by Worm, Oct 15, 2020, in Entertainment Add to Reading List

1. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Jan 9, 2022
    Wow...not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, he needed to die or go to jail and not have another miracle where he dodged death. On the other, Harrison killing him was kind of stupid. Angela knowing where to show up was also lame. I'm glad they had the balls to do it though. They're having some announcement on the series tomorrow. Not sure if Harrison is getting a spin off??

RG9, icecube, Ordinary Joel and 3 others like this.
    RG9, icecube, Ordinary Joel and 3 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  2. M.I.C.

Jan 9, 2022
    I feel like the game of thrones comparisons are very fair in that it’s cool if that was where they wanted to end up, just how they got there was a rushed disaster that was completely unearned. Dexter killing Logan like that was completely out of character, how many f---in times have you seen him simply knock somebody out with the same neck lock? He also knew Angela had nothing that would hold up in court against him, she even admitted it. There was no rush necessary to get out. He was shook by f---in Batsista? What? And Harrison is standing on pretty shaky moral ground for a guy who just slit a kids throat and framed him for a school shooting, suddenly he doesnt have a dark passenger?

Apr 19, 2024
  3. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Jan 9, 2022
    Harrison's gonna move from town to town stabbing kids and and becoming all county wrestler. What did she give him, like $100? He's gonna start killing MILF police chiefs

Ordinary Joel, DKC and M.I.C. like this.
    Ordinary Joel, DKC and M.I.C. like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  4. M.I.C.

Jan 9, 2022
    after he becomes the all time hit by pitch leader at north hollywood high

Ordinary Joel and Worm like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  5. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Jan 9, 2022
    :'(

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  6. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Jan 9, 2022
    [​IMG]

Ordinary Joel and DKC like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  7. Raziel

Raziel Ice like Paul Wall but I can't take mine out

Jan 9, 2022
    They really needed another 2 or 3 episodes to really do this ending justice

Apr 19, 2024
  8. The Product

Jan 9, 2022
    I don’t think I would have been happy with any ending but I agree. I would have taken just 1 more episode. It felt rushed and left many questions..which I’m sure was done purposefully.

Apr 19, 2024
  9. Raziel

Raziel Ice like Paul Wall but I can't take mine out

Jan 9, 2022
    I'm happy with it to some degree but I just felt like everyone just kind of lost sight of who they were all season long. This was some if the worst writing of the show but I still enjoyed it more or less

Apr 19, 2024
  10. joeyp363

Jan 10, 2022
    Another trash a--- ending lol. Final episode and season were awesome till the last 10 mins. Wtf was that? Incredible to f--- it up 2x. f--- Clyde Phillips.

Apr 19, 2024
  11. DKC

DKC hank trill

Jan 10, 2022
    I'm not mad at the ending itself it just felt rushed...it for sure felt anti-climactic, I think they could have pulled it off with another episode or two. As others have said the GOT finale comparisons in that sense are fair, but at least the ep/season was mostly good unlike Thrones lol. Certainly a better ending than the original. I saw on Hulu it said "season finale" so I was like god d--- it are they just gonna let him get out of this and artificially continue it? But I also figured "new blood" might be in ref to Harrison getting a season 2 which I'm not sure how I feel about...if they do I'm sure Dexter is going to be Harrison's Dark Passenger. If the OG show runner has a vision for it I'm willing to give it a try but I don't really have my hopes up for a spinoff like that.

Apr 19, 2024
  12. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Jan 10, 2022
    This is getting ripped on twitter as being worse than season 8 which is insane to me. After sleeping on it this is what I think.
    • I agree, it was definitely rushed and need at least one more episode.
    • They went through the trouble of bringing Angel into it and we never even got to see a face to face with them
    • WTF happened to that billionaire guy?
    • Angela wanted to put Dexter away for killing killers but Harrison does it and she slips him enough money to get a 20 piece McNugget and tells him to leave and never come back lol
    But after all that I am glad they killed him. It's not the way I would have wanted it done but they couldn't keep letting him get away. It was a long shot but I was reallllllyyy hoping this would somehow end up in Miami where everything would end it a big showdown. Get one more creepy Masuka joke in. It was anticlimatic. The episode before was more exciting. It started off crazy with Angela arresting him but the rest of the episode didn't really feel complete. I don't hate it like I did all of season 8 and the OG finale just wish it ended on an exciting note.

Apr 19, 2024
  13. CSA

CSA Architect

Jan 10, 2022
    The ending was really really awful. They basically made Dexter look foolish and evil. Also, as I remember the reason Dexter was using that drug with needle because it was impossible to follow up etc. How did they find evidence then ? If it was that easy, how come nobody really realized every victim had needle marks and that same drug in their systems ? That was some world class bs. Don't say technology got better lol.

It's really popular to make villians pay for their actions in dumb Hollywood so they needed to k--- him and before they do, they tried to make people say "he deserved it". Well, I won't say it, it was a very weak sequel in almost every aspect. I'm thankful this is listed as a whole new series different than the original one so, it didn't really f--- up the 10/10 original series. This was weak as f--- and felt rushed at many times. It never gave the same feeling of the original series anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2022
    Apr 19, 2024
  14. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Jan 10, 2022
    [​IMG]

DKC, Raziel and Ordinary Joel like this.
    DKC, Raziel and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  15. icecube

icecube West Coast is the Best Coast

Jan 10, 2022
    Can a mod put spoiler tags on this post plz

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2022
    DKC and Ordinary Joel like this.
    DKC and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  16. icecube

icecube West Coast is the Best Coast

Jan 10, 2022
    I agree with mostly everything that's been said so far about this feeling rushed but overall I'm happy to have some level of closure. Much better than the previous attempt, that's for sure.

My only major gripe with it is how can anyone expect a child to grow up "normal" after pumping a rifle shot into his own dad's heart and watching him bleed out and die? It leaves the door open for a long running spin off of watching Harrison's decent into madness and dispare with (I'm sure) Dexter appearing as the occasional cameo similar to his dad and Deb in this season.

The Product, Ordinary Joel and Worm like this.
    The Product, Ordinary Joel and Worm like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  17. Supersonic

Supersonic Serenity now!

Jan 10, 2022
    Seems like they went for the showtime ending for potential of spin offs, which explains why the ending, which was fitting and I was satisfied with, just felt rushed and needed padding out a little bit. The alternate ending would have wrapped everything up and put the closure to the series

Rumours the other ending would have been Dexter having showdown with Batista, Miami police and sent to Miami to see him get the death penalty, which makes sense with his appearance and then not seeing him again after saying he was coming down. While Harrison would have been charged for Kurts killing (blood on his shoe) I think that ending would have made more sense with wrapping things up but i guess showtime intervened for potential spin offs.

Apr 19, 2024
  18. RG9

RG9

Jan 10, 2022
    Overall I really enjoyed it. Having just recently rewatched the previous seasons (originally watched it years ago) I feel like the level wasn’t too far off the latter seasons, but this time the ending was much better. It was necessary & although I knew it was coming, it still made me feel weird finally seeing what he’s been avoiding for so long.

Cannot help but feel that we got ROBBED of Batista & Dexter meeting up again. Can’t believe they built that up into nothing. Could’ve squeezed some of the happenings earlier on into fewer episodes & made the climax 1-2 episodes longer. I think the intensity of seeing those two in the same room could have made for one of Dexter’s best & most dark episodes. I feel like that would’ve made more sense to be Dexter’s moment of realisation that he needs to die for it all to stop, rather than when Harrison forces his hand.

…and Harrison pulling the trigger was somewhat poetic, as Dexter also (indirectly) killed his father, but I feel the ending focussed on a potential spin-off with Harrison guided by Dexter appearing as his dark passenger, rather than nailing it from all angles. But I do think that spin-off would be surprisingly successful as Harrison is extremely likeable.

tl;dr necessary death, does the previous seasons justice, & is worthy of the reboot. Glad they made it so we got closure

The Product, DKC and Ordinary Joel like this.
    The Product, DKC and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  19. Supersonic

Supersonic Serenity now!

Jan 10, 2022
    Ending to me shows that Harrison is getting away from it all and that he doesn’t have a dark passenger or is a sociopath, just a f----- up childhood. He clearly has emotions, social interactions like a normal person and feels love for people, show just played on that with Dexter if his past was because he was like him. So A spin off with him being the same wouldn’t make sense.

Apr 19, 2024
  20. RG9

RG9

Jan 10, 2022
    Yeah, for sure he’s not as bad as Dexter in that regard. But I also feel like his character is very interesting to explore. He’s still young, and clearly has darkness within, whether that’s genetic or from him also being ‘born in blood’, not to mention the trauma of no father figure. It’s a nice set up to explore.

There’s lots of avenues they could go down — they could even make it so Harrison’s first k--- gave him a thirst for more killing (wouldn’t be great lol). A spin-off makes sense from a commercial perspective.

Apr 19, 2024