#DoYourResearch.

Started by shahidah, Oct 25, 2015, in Life Add to Reading List

1. JMG

JMG Teflon

Oct 25, 2015
    I didn't read the OP but im sure its some propaganda to make whites feel guilty. Can someone correct me if im wrong?

theg likes this.
    theg likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  2. Nick

Nick (;

Oct 25, 2015
    Probably

JMG likes this.
    JMG likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  3. shahidah

shahidah watch me work it JT

Oct 25, 2015

Before you assume this thread is meant to make white people feel guilty,...let me ask this?

When you had discussions in school about slavery, did you feel guilty then?

MTY, Jehovah and gorealsteady like this.
    MTY, Jehovah and gorealsteady like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  4. JMG

JMG Teflon

Oct 25, 2015
    I don't recall. I remember feeling bad for black people cause of slavery. Now I feel bad they are taught it.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  5. shahidah

Oct 25, 2015
    :kanye3:

Do you feel it negatively affects black people, by learning about slavery?

Jehovah and gorealsteady like this.
    Jehovah and gorealsteady like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  6. Nick

Nick (;

Oct 25, 2015
    No, why would i? My family are all immigrants from Italy and Germany. They came way after slavery

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  7. boyz n the suburbs

boyz n the suburbs In my city, I'm a young God

Oct 25, 2015
    Interesting.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  8. JMG

JMG Teflon

Oct 25, 2015
    I don't think anything can be gained from teaching young kids they were oppressed because of their skin color. They are too young to be introduced to hate and makes them insecure. I would wait until high school when they are older if anything.

Jehovah, DeletedAccount and shahidah like this.
    Jehovah, DeletedAccount and shahidah like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  9. shahidah

Oct 25, 2015
    I was introduced to hate because of my skin color as young as 4 years old :sad3:.....this was in 1996. At 4 years old I couldn't possibly understand why this person disliked me .

...when is the right time to educate then, knowing that black children are exposed to hate well before its learned in school? In your opinion?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
    Narsh, Jehovah and gorealsteady like this.
    Narsh, Jehovah and gorealsteady like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  10. shahidah

Oct 25, 2015
    I found these comments @ http://www.freemaninstitute.com/lynch.htm

"My name is Andrew Levi. I am from Africa. I do totally find the behavior of black people in America to be way different from the African people and I have been wondering why?? Why do we hate each other so much, Why do we feel bad when we see a brother rising up, why are we still being enemies to ourselves even after being tortured and mistreated by the whites and why can't we come together in this post slavery and post segregation American and help ourselves. Why are we so divided and yet we look a like and speak the same language.​

I don't think we should be discussing how authentic is Willie Lynch's speech but we should ask ourselves is it true. And yeah it's true. Look at our selves, we can't even help our kids go to school get education and have better future yet education is free and so many college funds for those who can't afford. We are the minority race and yet we have the largest number inmates in our jails (although some are innocent) and most crimes are committed against our own people. We tend to blame everything on racism" true sometimes" but we are our own failures.

Our minds are locked up. We have been brainwashed and I believe in Willie Lynch's theory. If we can't stand up and open our minds trust me we gonna be in this kind of state for hundreds of years. So brothers and Sisters lets rise up and fight this demon in our minds; Drugs, r---, murder and all other iniquities. Let free our mind and let the descendants of Willie Lynch know that we ain' gonna be slaves forever. We can be free but most important free from our inner selves."
    My name is Sederick Wright. I have been reading the comments on your site. First of all there should be no room for negativity when commenting on this subject. Whether or not he existed or not is trivial, just like the credentials of the people writing these statements of disbelief. Well I believe in GOD but there are plenty who disbelieve based on never seeing or touching HIM. But to say that HE (GOD or Willie) does not exist is insanity. If you don't know for sure, please don't tell me one thing or the other. As a 26 year old African American I am searching to find truth in my life. But bickering is what I found.
    A bunch of people around the globe arguing over when the speech was given, did he sail here or not......Man I am only trying to get us to come together. But now we have made this become an inspiration of arguing and further disagreement. Which the date of the speech, his name, origin.....we are still to distrusting of what we can't see or touch to realize the true intention of posting this.....We refer to slavery and the injustice of prejudice in our homes, yet the rich African Americans are not at all trying to ban together to help the less fortunate. So the term of against one another is apparent.

Before the letter surfaced I could see the effects of slavery and prejudice whether between white and blacks, blacks and blacks , or blacks and other races who choose to stereotype blacks in a so-called intelligent society. So whether you can put the blame on one person or many the moral is the same. We are the only race that came to the united states under slavery. All other races may have been mistreated or killed of by the millions for the cultivation of the U.S. but they were not the "property of another person."

Besides the biggest problem is that most blacks are not receiving the proper training or do not wish to receive it because they idolize being a THUG. Most will not connect to the internet to read any of this. What are all the people on the page doing with their knowledge to actually help the black culture? "I'm so smart and intelligent" is this the moral of the writings .... to show their intelligence....it is still the spirit of "I am better than you or smarter than you"....There is a web site for the Klan.....the negative forces are so well organized. But we can't live in the same neighborhood or house with each other.

I am truly hurt that the Asians have a rich and beautiful culture that is appreciated by the world. The Dutch, the French, the Arabs, the Latin's all have a culture from 1000's of years of intelligence, but to explain to my children that our the world wide image of black culture is based on the negativity of HIP HOP. Where are the scholars so my children can watch positive black images on TV.
    Why are the rich (not wealthy) African Americans not utilizing their resources to establish better conditions for the communities that keep producing children under ignorance and poverty. These are the questions to ask not whether Willie lynch told the slave owners how to do this. Belief in anything is hard for this race.

Let me tell another about this and they will automatically not believe. Why is this....because they barely see the positive in life and most blacks consider each other stupid or will bully or insult an intelligent black. Now when that student succeeds he or she has all reasons to "Leave them all behind". We have embraced the negativity and there are to many having children under that frame of mind. Give the athletes and entertainers millions but k--- their civil rights leaders. And because a few of us are getting paid. We are so happy now.

Tell me where there is a college for blacks to train us for free.....No way of attaining a way of feeding our children....So everyone is about money and the pursuit of it....No people training young blacks to be mechanics or scientists for the betterment of our culture...Pay for everything even though WE know you don't have any money. Oh but there are plenty to teach us how drink, smoke, and pull a trigger. So argue over how we are going to help each other.

To argue about Willie whether he lived here or anywhere or over dates and words used profited no one. So i see the intelligent blacks with PhD's trying to fight for the title of who is right.....when we are all wrong as long as our people continue to fight amongst ourselves. So the spirit of Willie or "ignorance " is still real and crushing us. Thank you for reading.

_______________________________________________________________________​

-- I am also from Germany and I read the "Willie Lynch Speech" and I know about the discussions, whether W. L lived and held this speech. About the speech, I do not know. But even when he did not hold such a speech - when this speech is only fictional, the history is real and terrible and the spirit of a Willie Lynch is still alive all around the world. This speech, whenever it was written, it doesn't matter. The speech exists and expresses the feelings of many "superior" people, regardless their color, race, sex, age. And that should be shocking enough.

That I found in a German Dictioniary (Wahrig, Deutsches Wörterbuch, 1986) I translate the explanation into English for you, first the German original text: lynchen: ungesetzlich richten und töten (engl. nach dem Namen des Richters William Lynch in Virginia, der 1780 eigenmächtige Rechtsprechung ausübte)

in English: to lynch: illegal judgment and killing (english derives from the name of the judge William Lynch in Virginia, who, without any authorization, performed jurisdiction in the year 1780. Yours, Christine,

gorealsteady likes this.
    gorealsteady likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  11. JMG

JMG Teflon

Oct 25, 2015
    The right time should be up to your parents, not the schools. Do you mind sharing what happened when you were 4? You being discriminated agaisnt at that age is unfortunate but I don't think that should make you automatically think white people dislike you. Instead you should just think that was not a good person.

shahidah and Michael Myers like this.
    shahidah and Michael Myers like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  12. shahidah

Oct 25, 2015
    Where did the word lynching come from?

1. The term originates from the phrase "Lynch Law", a term for a punishment without trial. One of two Americans during this era are generally credited for the phrase: Charles Lynch and William Lynch, who both lived in Virginia in the 1780s

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  13. FLORIDA MAN

Oct 25, 2015
    Charles Lynch (1736-1796) was aVirginia planter, politician, and American revolutionary who headed an irregular court in Virginia to punish Loyalistsupporters of the British during theAmerican Revolutionary War. The terms "lynching" and "lynch law" are derived from his name.[1]

Captain William Lynch (1742–1820) was a man from Pittsylvania County,Virginia, who claimed to be the source of the terms "lynch law" and "lynching". He is not the William Lynch who allegedly made the William Lynch speech in 1712, as the date on this apocryphal speech precedes Lynch's birth by thirty years.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  14. shahidah

Oct 25, 2015
    I was just reading about that.:lebron:

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  15. CODEiNE DEMON

CODEiNE DEMON One foot stuck in the tarpit of my ways

Oct 25, 2015
    This has always kinda disturbed me. The worst plague in history was called the black plague. When people talk about evil people they say their heart is black. I would understand "dark" because then its like shadows and unknown and whatnot. Maybe I'm being too PC but the inherent awfulness associated with characterizing things as "black" seems like an overlooked by-product of the past.

Narsh, Ordinary Joel, Maya and 2 others like this.
    Narsh, Ordinary Joel, Maya and 2 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  16. shahidah

Oct 25, 2015
    From what im reading

I agree, I always find myself torn whether to use the label Black or African American, etc.?....If we're being politically correct I can't just consider myself American because I have African descent. But I don't think people understand how powerful words are.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  17. CODEiNE DEMON

Oct 25, 2015
    I use black because not all black people are from Africa

Nuredin B and shahidah like this.
    Nuredin B and shahidah like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  18. CODEiNE DEMON

Oct 25, 2015
    I may be misinterpreting the point of this post, but I find white guilt deplorable. Its reverse racism at its finest and an overall backwards train of thought. That being said, ignorantly denying the effect white people have had in black people's lives is just as bad.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  19. Nuredin B

Nuredin B "The Cool Cats" - Number 99

Oct 25, 2015
    PC Principal is it u?

nah but u have a point b and i think u are right
    [​IMG]

Apr 26, 2024
  20. shahidah

Oct 25, 2015
    The point of this thread is to spread awareness. To provide an intellectual, research driven discussion....my intent is not for anyone to make white people feel guilty

I asked the question because it seemed odd to me that someone could feel guilty when talking about the subject here, but in school we talk about it and I doubt someone raised their hand and said "I feel guilty, because I'm white."

CODEiNE DEMON likes this.
    CODEiNE DEMON likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024