Drake Drake Was Sayin Straight Facts Back In 2011

Started by Flacko, Apr 7, 2017, in Drake Add to Reading List

1. Flacko

Flacko Too Blessed To Be Humble

Apr 7, 2017
    [​IMG]

"I remember when artists used to take three, four year gaps and tour those albums for like two years, take a break to make the new album and drop it. Now it’s like, if you disappear for a week or they don’t get a new song every week, it’s like, “Oh man, you’re falling off, man. You’re slipping.”

They always want a new hero. They always want another hero. So every week it’s somebody new. Every weekend it’s the greater-than sign, another artist, and my name after it. But it’s always my name, that’s the difference. So that lets me know something."

"I don’t make music for n----s who don’t get p----. I don’t. If you have a frustrating time with women, and you just spend your life hating on everybody, I’m not for you. I’m not for you. You’re an overly aggressive, bitter-a--- dude that only wants to listen to Only Built 4 Cuban Linx and some s--- that was incredible while you were in your prime."

"Well, here’s the thing. I think what people often get misconstrued is there’s a sonic real and there’s a connection real. So, often people are like, “This isn’t real,” because to them real is a sound. It’s sonic. It’s not gritty. It’s not hip-hop. There’s no boom-bap to it. It’s 40 playing sweet-a--- chords and filtered drums. That’s not real to them.

That’s just people whose ears are trained for a certain sound, and they feel that’s hip-hop. More power to them. I respect that. If you have a genre that you’re passionate about or a type of music that you’re passionate about, I salute you for that.

I love when people get upset and say my music isn’t hip-hop. I’m like, “That’s great. You’re passionate about something.” I’m not saying I agree with it, but I’m glad to see they’re passionate about something.

Sonically you can do whatever you want, but if you can get those words on there that are refreshing, even if we’re all saying the same thing, which is, “I have money. I have b------s. My swag is way up.” We may all be saying the same thing if you really break it down to the core of what we’re really getting at. I mean, it’s a couple things."

http://ca.complex.com/music/2011/11/cover-story-uncut-drake-talks-romance-rap-really-real

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    Apr 24, 2024
  2. Packman

Apr 7, 2017
    "But it’s always my name, that’s the difference. So that lets me know something."

That you're the biggest rapper in the world?

0 0
    Apr 24, 2024
  3. OwI

OwI I was riding on a bike on a very late night

Apr 7, 2017
    [​IMG]

0 0
    Apr 24, 2024
  4. GawDEDEDE

Apr 7, 2017
    He's right about every word he said

0 0