Serious El Paso Mass Shooting, 20+ dead

Started by Enigma, Aug 3, 2019, in Life Add to Reading List

1. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

Aug 9, 2019
    No lol “media” refers to news outlets. Local news is media as is the NYT & WaPo that don’t broadcast news.

Mass shooting does have a kind of loose standard but i’ve mainly seen 4+ as the benchmark. I believe that’s how the FBI defines mass shooting as well. Never have I seen a major news outlet report an incident of 2 people being wounded as a “mass shooting.” Source?

Uhhh no lol. I said it easy for people to comprehend why g--- violence exists. It’s a problem America has dealt with for over a century. People are familiar with the issue.

Yes they are. They became much more frequent in the 90s.

Dude... you’re talking about the most powerful super power the world has ever seen. The U.S. has enough nukes to blow entire globe up 10x. That’s not even to mention their military capabilities. Not only is ground warfare between two developed nations unlikely in the 21st century (UN, NATO, EU, Nukes etc make this very unlikely) but the LAST thing a country would be worried about if they did attempt to invade the U.S., is tommy with his semi-auto long gun.

Yeah... if all it takes is to drive 15 minutes outside the city limits to circumvent all the gun control laws in Chicago... that’s not hard to avoid lol. Chicago isn’t an island. There needs to be stricter gun control laws *nation wide* so the laws aren’t easy to just go around. There needs to be stricter federal gun control laws & enforcement.

I referred to RATES. Immigrants commit crime at a lower RATE than natural born citizens meaning: natural born citizens are more likely to commit a crime than an immigrant. The population discrepancy between the two does not matter because I’m referring to rates. Not just raw numbers.

joeyp363 likes this.
    joeyp363 likes this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  2. joeyp363

Aug 9, 2019
    God don’t even get me started on Neil Degrase Tyson. He’s nothing more than an arrogant pop scientist.

DKC likes this.
    DKC likes this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  3. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Aug 9, 2019
    Walmart is out of their f---ing minds

0 0
    Apr 23, 2024
  4. dna hits

Aug 9, 2019
    Why did you never invite me to a PSU party? Before you graduate, throw a b-----r and I can bring some people and a few hoes. And some work if your friends want to get twisted.

joeyp363 likes this.
    joeyp363 likes this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  5. MichaelsMad

Aug 9, 2019
    BRUHHHH. Did you all not see that I said we needed to eliminate 3rd party sales? (Gun shows, pawn shops, private sells) lol

Also it's not a weird comparison. Its death. I told yall I'm coldly rational lol. I brought up how much other ppl die from things bc the news keeps saying 32 BODIES 32 BODIES. Not too mention one person said its understablr they dont speak on the inner city deaths bc its "expected" smh. It's not an odd comparison bc if you wanna talk car crashes drunk driving kills way more and we dont do s--- to prevent that lol. And we are not always improving medicine and finding cures. Medications are coming with more and more side effects and it's way cheaper to "treat" illness than cure them.

Again, all I was doing was saying any logic and argument you use towards guns can be used to everything else. And as far as reacting emotionally being the human way, it can be. But once you realize your initial reaction is always an emotional one I would hope people would try to stop that but that's just me.

I dont know what people want in the form if "gun reform" or control bc they very rarely give specifics. I'm all for eliminating gun show sales, pawn shops should not be authorized to sell them and private sales can also be done away with, but that one will be tricky to monitor. I also believe if someone's check doesnt pass, or they try to get around one they should be checked up on and followed up by with law enforcement. My main thing is, if you want to start actually "taking" them from people. (Which I dont think is the common solution provided btw) you're really only taking them from "good" ppl. Criminals will always find a way. Banning anything has never went over well in this country. I also wanna ask if anyone in here actually has a concealed carry license, an AR-15 or has knowledge about firearms themselves. I havent seen too many people here who have them other than myself.

But I've always been for heavier background checks and 3rd party sale elimination. I feel like the way I address issues like this are alot easier to do in person or on a video. I feel like tones, meaning and depth get lost in text.

0 0
    Apr 23, 2024
  6. Enigma

Aug 9, 2019
    Uh... wut? Lol

Are you really questioning why random drive-bys in Chicago don’t make national news but acts of domestic terrorism do? Come the f--- on dude...

joeyp363 likes this.
    joeyp363 likes this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  7. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Aug 9, 2019

Now this dude is a r-----. Is he on trumps side or the other one?

If he said poor or rich kids or white / black... but literally 'white kids' or poor kids :'(

We might not always agree on this subject @Enigma but this is some racist MFer lol

0 0
    Apr 23, 2024
  8. MichaelsMad

Aug 9, 2019
    Body is a body bro. Doesnt matter area, race, situation. And you said comparing car crashes and medical deaths are an odd comparison bc we "constantly make cars safer and strive for better medical treatments" well then what about drunk driving? That kills ways more people. You're breaking it up by situation, age, condition etc. I said I was coldly rational. It's all a body. You act like its expected for the inner city to have it happen so we cant do anything about it...but then think its gonna stop someone else like the el Paso shooter. How is it going to stop one and not the other? My point is its wild for you to act like ones okay and the other isnt. You're categorizing it like its different. 40 ppl getting murdered in one weekend there is the same as 32 ppl getting killed this week. You thinking one is tragic or more sad than the other is what makes ppl react emotionally.

0 0
    Apr 23, 2024
  9. MichaelsMad

Aug 9, 2019
    Biden is a new al gore. That mans wild af. We had horrible choices last time and I dont see it being better this time around.

0 0
    Apr 23, 2024
  10. joeyp363

Aug 9, 2019
    Are you from the US? If so, you should be ashamed. I don’t have the time to dissect this but dear god your rationals are so twisted. @Enigma will cover it I’m sure.

0 0
    Apr 23, 2024
  11. Enigma

Aug 9, 2019
    It’s categorized differently because it is different lol. This is the real world. Different issues require different solutions. You’re not going to address drunk driving the same way you address gun violence... I mean that’s literally just common sense. g--- violence is a complex societal issue that has socioeconomic factors, educational factors, health factors etc. It’s a separate issue from the mass shootings we’ve seen recently. The reasonings behind these two acts of violence couldn’t be anymore different. Treating them as one & the same is ridiculous. Law enforcement doesn’t even do this. They categorize crimes all the time.

0 0
    Apr 23, 2024
  12. MichaelsMad

Aug 9, 2019
    Yes I'm from the US. My rationale is twisted? You all are saying just to expect it when it happens in Chicago but other people it's different. You're giving certain life and situations values over the other. I'm looking at it equally.

0 0
    Apr 23, 2024
  13. MichaelsMad

Aug 9, 2019
    I was married to a cop for many years, I know how these things effect them and how they view them. You're missing everything I'm saying....all I'm saying is WHATEVER logic and reason you use against guns can be used against your argument. I've said numerous times my views on what needs to be changed. But you just wanna stay stuck on me saying just as many ppl get killed by other things

0 0
    Apr 23, 2024
  14. MichaelsMad

Aug 9, 2019
    Let's legit talk about what needs to be done though. One thing I learned from being married to my ex was pawn shops were a big issues with fire arms. What is it about the current laws you dont like and what do you want changed and how? Also I'm sick of the word assault rifle. That's not what AR stands for. It's a rifle like any other, so I'm assuming the issue ppl have is with the polymer pistol grip, mag size and rail mounts.

0 0
    Apr 23, 2024
  15. Vos

Vos

Aug 9, 2019
    Exactly. I'm ashamed I used to admire NDT and people like Sam Harris...

0 0
    Apr 23, 2024
  16. MichaelsMad

Aug 9, 2019
    I really dont get how my rational is twisted when some dude on the last page said its understandable for the cities to have deaths but these shootings are not okay. That's pretty f----- up to say imo. It's like you're saying " oh well they're gonna k--- each other its fine" clearly theres social and systematic involvement in that but that doesnt make it any less okay. And I've been stating my stance on what needs to be done with background checks and 3rd party sales. Everyone else is only responding to me saying that a body is a body lol. That's the emotion I'm talking about. We have a clear problem, all I was saying is that the logic you're using against guns can be used to discuss everything else. I fully understand things are classified differently but that does not make them any less or more acceptable. It's a murder across the board. I'm also no fan of Tyson I was just bringing up his tweet bc of the emotion part. There are many factors that go into the issue, but it seems like most people are only discussing one. I'd much rather discuss solutions and all the variables of the issue.

0 0
    Apr 23, 2024
  17. Enigma

Aug 9, 2019
    I genuinely don’t know if you’re that clueless or if your reading comprehension is THAT bad. I never condoned any type of violence. You went on a nonsensical rant about how “the media” covers mass shootings more than violence in inner cities like Chicago. The explanation you came up for this was some huge conspiracy that “the media” is trying to push some anti-gun/liberal narrative & that’s why they focus more on mass shootings & not other types of gun violence.

I then explained to you that mass shootings are a relatively new phenomenon in the U.S. pre-1990s they use to not be common. There were maybe two a year pre-1990, now there’s one every 2.5 months. A lot of people can’t grasp why someone would go s---t up a school or movie theater. It’s that unknown motive that scares people & why it’s more focused on in the media. This is unlike g--- violence which Americans have been dealing with for generations & understand the motives/factors that lead to such violence. This isn’t hard to grasp.

0 0
    Apr 23, 2024
  18. MichaelsMad

Aug 9, 2019
    And you dont realize that i was responding to 8 different people and not just you. And it wasnt a nonsensical rant I stated that when I said the word "media" I would be meaning fox, CNN, MSNBC. I said how they usually dont talk about subjects or cover stories that go against their personal beliefs. Have you ever seen posts on fb where the caption says "I bet the news wont cover this" that's what I was refering to. You'll never see Fox news cover a story where a typical "liberal" belief did good. Nor will you see CNN cover a story where a "conservative" belief did anything positive. That is what I was saying. But everytime I post something you just take it and run with it in whatever direction you want. Idk how many times I have to rephrase something or give another disclaimer that you will prolly ignore but Not everything I said was responding to YOU. I had responses from 6 to 8 people I wasnt going to quote everyone individually so I was attempting to summarize all the points into one post. Granted I should of waited until I wasnt walking out to the parking lot to respond but I still think you're not understand what I was saying going back and re reading I think there was a mis communication of what I was trying to state, or me mis reading you and vice versa but(probably the 6th time I've said this) I was just attempting to show that all the arguments and logic used against pro gun owner ship can also be used and applied against gun control/reform or many other issues involving homocide and overapp civilian safety.

And I've also typed multiple times where I think the issue lies and things that can help and you've yet to discuss those. You're so caught up on me saying murder is murder across the board. But since apparently g--- violence is understood and these mass shootings arent understood it's different. My point still remains....theyre all f----- in the head. Situation, cause, reason aside. Any person who is killing someone else they dont know over a color, a corner, drugs, etc regardless of if they feel they have no other option is just as f----- as someone killing 27 in a Walmart. Both of their senses of reality, and ability to rationalize their actions is warped and their both commiting murder. Now are all of these mass shooters "mentally ill" idk. I'm kind of tired of that narrative honestly. Hes obviously a piece of s--- and I hate that he was cuffed, and not aired out in the parking lot.

I see alot of people saying trump is to blame for what he says in his speeches etc, you guys will have to enlighten me on that bc I havent watched him speak or kept up on anything he says in a very long time. I was very dissapointed with our candidate choices last election and I'm not feeling better this go around.

0 0
    Apr 23, 2024
  19. Enigma

Aug 10, 2019
    You tried to make this point & failed. You reiterated tired conservative talking points like “look at Chicago! Strict gun laws but still tons of gun violence!” that have been continuously debunked. You have no point here.

Yikes... like big f---ing yikes.

0 0
    Apr 23, 2024
  20. Lucy

Lucy #1

Aug 10, 2019
    Whats it like getting ya d-ck s----d by a pig?
    Whats it like knowing your life amounted to marrying a farm animal?

Worm and joeyp363 like this.
    Worm and joeyp363 like this.
    Apr 23, 2024