Eminem Eminem- 8 Mile Soundtrack (Deluxe Edition)

Started by Yeez, Oct 27, 2022, in Eminem Add to Reading List

1. Z Gangsta

Z Gangsta aka Music Anniversary Enjoyer

Oct 30, 2022
    They be like ”16 bonustracks including instrumentals and the original demoversion of Lose Yourself” as if that was amongst other stuff, when in reality that was the only stuff on there, and that demo was already released 8 years ago so who cares?

neomerge, Evad and D12Shady like this.
    neomerge, Evad and D12Shady like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. crazybeats

Oct 30, 2022
    The Taryn Manning Wasting My Time Instrumental is not included.

Z Gangsta likes this.
    Z Gangsta likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  3. hargydon

hargydon No investigation, no right to speak

Oct 31, 2022
    They’re saving that for the 25th year anniversary.

Z Gangsta likes this.
    Z Gangsta likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  4. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Oct 31, 2022
    Eminem do this for creativesxn so we can have something to rap on

Evad likes this.
    Evad likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  5. crazybeats

Oct 31, 2022
    I've always loved the production and it's really Eminem's beats and that type of hip hop style of the late 90s and early 2000s that got me into music production in the first place. I remember buying The Way I Am promo CD just for the instrumental and acapella. What's cool about that and the vinyl version is it's different from the album version as in there is no vinyl crackle sound effect throughout the song, it's completely clean. Even Rap Game on here, the instrumental has no sound effects on it, it's interesting how they make these choices and the Love Me instrumental has no vinyl scratching sound effects during the chorus.

So I enjoy it, most will assume they are out there but the stuff on Youtube and websites are all loops or fanmade. It's not the case with 8 Mile but with The Eminem Show and many other Eminem albums the instrumentals can be a lot longer than the album versions and have extra instrumentation on them that you just don't hear on the album versions because they are albums, you can't expect people to listen to an extra minute or so of music, you have to fade out quickly and into the next song. So a lot of the stuff to come out this year, this is the first time these instrumentals are being released officially and in great sound quality. I hope for the 25th Anniversarys that additional CDs are included and the rest of the album instrumentals are included and the acapellas and at that point Eminem will be 55, a lot of us will be a lot older and I think really at that point it's probably time to do these albums justice and really open the vaults and give people a proper look inside as far as demos and outtakes go and alternate mixes. We know Business and Say What You Say had different versions. We know with D12 Devils Night they all recorded verses for the songs but a lot of verses got cut so that's a whole album of verses we never heard. Jeff Bass says there is about a dozen songs that never made The Slim Shady LP, we have most of them but there's a few we don't. We know Eminem's original manager has a cassette tape of songs and his version of My Name is has 3 completely unheard verses so again those will be the first anniversaries to roll around again and I think that's when it's time to really give people something to get excited about and I don't know what the legalities are of it but it might be time to start looking at releasing these albums completely uncut or as close to uncut as legally possible. There's so many things that can be done to get people to part with their cash and I think Eminem's fans are the type to go and pay cash for physical copies.

Also this kind of thing is actually unheard of for hip hop music. It's the norm for bands and pop acts, the box set treatment is not a new thing, it goes back decades but with hip hop....there was never really any B-Sides that were new songs. Unlike with bands and traditional singers there's not really a live band playing and people doing live "takes". It's all in the box and it's mostly digital and you never really hear hip hop artists talk about their recording process or how many songs they have made and they never seem to be in any way inclined to release the stuff they have lying around, maybe in the old days a song or two would end up on a mixtape but more often than not, that was a way to show their skills so they would record something specifically for the mixtape. So what Eminem is doing is unheard of for a rapper. I just with he would go a bit further and really explain to the fans what he has in his vaults, if it's stuff that will never be released then say that and if there's a chance it can come out, let us know.

I wish more demos had been released for 8 Mile but then again.....do rappers do demos? When you have beats made on computers and all you're doing is rapping on them wouldn't they just be version 1 and 2 and 3 etc? Its not like a live band or people playing instruments riffing and trying things out before everyone sits down and decides what needs to go and what needs to be kept and with him recording the Eminem Show at the same time I really think that what he recorded for 8 Mile really is all that there is. The Eminem of 2010 and beyond would have had 5 different versions of Rabbit Run and 8 Mile Road, I really don't think he would have separated his 8 Mile and Eminem Show recording sessions that much, the priority would have been The Eminem Show. The demo for Lose Yourself shows a song that was not meant for the movie, maybe the most we could get is Eminem rapping over the 8 Mile Road and Rabbit Run beats with completely different verses but I doubt that too because Jeff Bass talked about specifically going to the rail road tracks with a tape recorder to record the trains in real life to put the sound effects on the record. It seems very specific.

Mar 28, 2024
  6. kodo

Oct 31, 2022
    it's a room of people with musical tools putting together a song, so yeah it's quite like that. of course rapper demos exist and you know that. still the subtle "rappers aren't really musicians" thing there crazybeats

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  7. thegoodguy

Oct 31, 2022

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  8. The Lyricvore

The Lyricvore shangri la frontier

Nov 1, 2022
    Yeah. I was at least hoping for a reworked song like he did for TES.

Z Gangsta likes this.
    Z Gangsta likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024