Eminem New Album discussion thread (confirmed this year)

Started by RetiredAccount, Dec 6, 2020, in Eminem Add to Reading List

1. eminemshadyslim

eminemshadyslim eminem is better than ur fav rapper.

Mar 20, 2023
    I hope so. Shady’s voice is beautiful. If he did a piano ballad like Glimpse of Us by Joji it would be the best song of all time. Just imagine Shady’s vocals singing this:

Ripper Roo and Z Gangsta like this.
    Ripper Roo and Z Gangsta like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. Z Gangsta

Z Gangsta aka Music Anniversary Enjoyer

Mar 20, 2023
    Anniversaries will probably take a while.. im expecting SSLP25 or Encore20 next year. Both if we lucky. Theres MMLP2:10 in november this year but doubt they will release something musicwise, they never done that on a 10th anniversary before, but we may get lucky.

Mar 28, 2024
  3. Venom

Venom i love blow job

Mar 20, 2023
    this is what I'm waiting for even more than the new album

Z Gangsta likes this.
    Z Gangsta likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  4. Jimelej

Jimelej Guest

Mar 20, 2023
    Didnt they do a 10th anniversary for recovery? They definitely did some random a--- anniversary for relapse, like the 12th or something but that perhaps was only a post from Em on his social media.

Edit: my bad nvm, read your post wrong

Z Gangsta likes this.
    Z Gangsta likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  5. Justin Trudeau

Justin Trudeau OH CANADA

Mar 20, 2023
    Oh okay bulk

Mar 28, 2024
  6. Marsh

Marsh Nobody told you that I'm loco, ese?

Mar 20, 2023

Mar 28, 2024
  7. Custommustardstain

Mar 20, 2023
    I think we were close to albums, and something happened.

Mar 28, 2024
  8. fromconnecticut

fromconnecticut You'd get washed like a bar of soap

Mar 20, 2023
    Eminem asked me, @Ripper Roo and @jankland to give him an opinion about the album. He only played us one track and we weren't really feeling it so he cut @jankland d-ck off and stick it in @Ripper Roo mailbox. And I just ran away cause he put on a Jason mask and start to chase me with a chainsaw screaming "Slim Shady is for the children"
    I think that made him scrap the remaining 19 songs of the album as well. We are truly sorry for that. Well, I am. I'm not sure if roo and jank survived that night

Yeez, jankland and Ripper Roo like this.
    Yeez, jankland and Ripper Roo like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  9. Justin Trudeau

Justin Trudeau OH CANADA

Mar 20, 2023
    Pretty confident @Ripper Roo took the d-ck out of the mailbox and stuck it in his a--- and mouth, he seems like that kinda guy

jankland and Ripper Roo like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  10. Ripper Roo

Ripper Roo big me

Mar 20, 2023
    Jank and I are putting our lives on the line to make sure you guys get good Eminem music… y’all should respect us and be thankful!!! Any other allegations made are useless!!

Mar 28, 2024
  11. jankland

jankland In My Cringe Arc.

Mar 20, 2023
    That's an impossible feat

Ripper Roo likes this.
    Ripper Roo likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  12. eminemshadyslim

Mar 20, 2023
    Thank you so much for doing this!!! Can you please give me some details about the music you heard??? This might be the biggest Eminem news yet

Z Gangsta, jankland and Ripper Roo like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  13. Ripper Roo

Ripper Roo big me

Mar 20, 2023
    Legally can’t tell you much. All I can say is he rhymed butthole with gun smoke and one stroke. Hopefully that’s enough news to last you until June.

Mar 28, 2024
  14. eminemshadyslim

Mar 20, 2023
    Those are the best rhymes I’ve ever heard. THANK YOU SO MUCH I LOVE YOU!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

Z Gangsta likes this.
    Z Gangsta likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  15. Justin Trudeau

Justin Trudeau OH CANADA

Mar 20, 2023
    Hey @Ripper Roo and @jankland

What would em have to do on his next album to please you two? Serious question, give me some indepth sorta reply. Im curious if your "good" eminem album would be something others would enjoy since you two seem to think hes a completely incapable loser who cant do anything right anymore?

Z Gangsta and jankland like this.
    Z Gangsta and jankland like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  16. Ripper Roo

Ripper Roo big me

Mar 20, 2023
    Alright first off I really like how you ignore all the times I’ve praised him. I never said he’s a “completely incapable loser who cant do anything right anymore” in fact I’ve specifically pointed out the things he does right like Lock It Up which I’ve praised numerous times on this site.

I also can’t wait to see how end up disagreeing with this list that he is perfectly capable of and should be capable of if he’s a “GOAT”:
    1. Stop emphasizing every f---ing syllable all the time. Often times, especially with his high pitched voice, it sounds robotic and annoying. He needs to stop trying to be Tech N9ne. It sounds good when Tech does it because he has a deeper voice. Certain deliveries just don’t work with certain voices. Eminem used to be able to do the same s--- without sounding like an annoying robotic Tech N9ne wannabe. He can even do it now on songs like Stepping Stones…
    2. Stop rapping fast on songs where it’s completely unnecessary and ruins the vibe (example: Killer)
    3. Stop confusing rhyming together random, meaningless s--- with lyricism. He’s no better than “mumble rappers” when he’s rapping about unfunny nonsense while acting like it’s the best s--- ever. He’s trying to emulate his old Slim Shady days but it’s just not funny anymore (examples: Right For Me, Marsh, Little Engine, etc.)
    4. Keep the corny puns and lines to a minimum and stop using them on serious songs where it ruins the vibe (examples: Walk On Water, the ad-libs on Darkness, etc.)
    5. Beat selection is important. Use beats that have some progression to them rather than just being loops. Avoid classic rock beats. Incorporate horn instruments more often like on GNAT. Incorporate some soul samples. And aside from maybe a few songs, he should probably stop rapping on trap style beats.
    6. Shorten the d--- tracklist. Stop making the albums 20 songs long if there’s just gonna be a bunch of filler like on MTBMB (Those Kinda Nights, In Too Deep, Marsh, Little Engine just to name a few off the top of my head). This lack of quality control is one of the biggest reasons why his albums are not looked at as good anymore. My next point sort of connects to this one…
    7. Stop trying to please everybody. It’s obvious that he keeps making albums with random different types of songs to try to appease the different parts of his fanbase… he’s basically been doing this since MMLP2. This is often why he ends up with so many songs on an album. This is even more obvious when he complains these days about fans pulling him one way and critics pulling him in another. No need to try to make “hits” anymore. Just stick to a vision, stick to a general sound, and tell a somewhat cohesive story throughout the album.
    Is that in-depth enough for you? Or do you need me to go make an Eminem album of my own?

Mar 28, 2024
  17. Justin Trudeau

Justin Trudeau OH CANADA

Mar 20, 2023
    I dont disagree at all, 7 especially id take 20 tracks if hes doing whatever he chooses

Mar 28, 2024
  18. Ripper Roo

Ripper Roo big me

Mar 20, 2023
    Well that’s good, I’m surprised you agree. Yeah as long as there’s not filler I wouldn’t mind 20 tracks either. I’m not even saying he has to follow all of those guidelines. Even if he just does some of those things, I think it would be a big improvement

Justin Trudeau and jankland like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  19. jankland

jankland In My Cringe Arc.

Mar 20, 2023
    I obviously play it up to get some people going but I'd like an album with some good beats, DA had his time to shine so maybe he should grab some new people or legends, I also want some nice smooth flows maybe similar to Walkthrough or Lord Above where it's not so slow that it sounds awkward for his writing and not too fast to where it sounds like he's trying to finish a race with a beat, and finally some decent subject matter that's somewhat different, like revival at least had different subjects for the songs that were actually semi serious but they just sounded like s--- and had unnecessary punchlines that didn't fit the story unlike something akin to Darkness which was well written all around besides the adlibs.

Features are another thing, I think he has a lot of reach and he should be getting some better features that mesh with him well on top of the people that should be mainstays like Royce and maybe even White Gold, he should get people like Cole, JID, Wayne, and if he wants a pop star maybe get Billie Eilish with her brothers production instead of Skylar, etc.

h--- I wouldn't be mad at another Jessie Reyez feature if they had an out of the box idea cause I really love the album she made that had Coffin on it.

At the end of the day I really enjoyed Kamikaze and Side A and even some parts of Side B but the frequency of his releases on top of similar subject matter not only to his direct previous work but also eerily similar to his early work really dilutes the pool of his music. It's a weird relationship cause even if I s--- on his music I still think his discography is very overhated.

And for the love of god if he still wants to do punchlines at least keep them to the standards of the heights of MMLP2 and Side A.

But I'd personally enjoy him trying to make complete a concept album, the closest he's gotten to it was Relapse but even then it was more of a theme than a concept, he's talented enough to really flesh something out if he thought it through.

Mar 28, 2024
  20. Ripper Roo

Ripper Roo big me

Mar 20, 2023
    Good point here, I completely forgot to mention features on my list. Features like this could really alleviate problems I have with the long filler tracklists. I still don’t understand why Em and Cole don’t have a song out by now… like Cole really made a song with JOYNER LUCAS before Eminem… smh.
    Yeah same. Also I feel like Relapse was the last time Em was truly creatively free. Ever since the bad reception that album got, he’s always had the critics in the back of his mind with every release and you can tell it really affects how he makes albums now.

Mar 28, 2024