Eminem Eminem, your next album better be good...otherwise I'm OUT!

Started by odd, Jan 13, 2016, in Eminem Add to Reading List

1. odd

odd

Jan 13, 2016
    Here's the thing... I'm an Eminem fan... well, I actually used to be a huge stan actually. I started listening to him back in 2009 when Relapse was released. I remember just going to buy the album and loving it with every fiber of my being. Then I checked out all his previous work and loved it all. I was a bit meh on Encore but otherwise I was f---ing sold. Eminem was all I listened to for a while. Then later on Recovery was released. I figured it'd have some hard-hitting beats & good flow but instead I got mixtape-tier production, corny guitar samples and pop features. Not to mention the yelling, emotionless corny punchlines and awkward flow... This wasn't the Eminem I had come to love. But... I figured eh, it happens. Gotta have a dud in there somewhere. Whatever. And continued listening to mostly MMLP, Relapse and TES.

Of course later on h--- The Sequel came and while I thought it was somewhat decent, I still hated his near-constant yelling and some really cheesy lines. It was a bit better than Recovery and definitely had some nice production but overall it still lacked something. Then MMLP2 came. At first I was really excited thinking it'd be similar to his old stuff. "Back to the basics" was the tagline... even seeing him having blonde hair again had me super excited and curious for the future. And what do I get? Yet again a mixed bag of mediocrity, weird lines, boring storytelling raps about his life we've already heard 100 times and this time his flow and the production was somehow WORSE with yet again some really annoying pop choruses. It was so all over the place too. Even worse than Recovery somehow outside of Bad Guy maybe. At this point I felt frustrated... then Shady XV came. It was so bad I couldn't get past the 3rd song. He took the weird new flow to a whole new cringe level. The lyrics were worse. Who is this guy? Definitely not the Eminem I remember.

Now I'm here. I haven't listened to any new Eminem music post-Relapse in a long time. I just hate it. He's not the same. Sure, he's f---ing "technical" but who gives a f---? Did we really care about that on SSLP or MMLP? NO. It was the feeling it gave us when he rapped about s--- and it was smooth, relatable and interesting. Now it's so forced and awkward. There's been a few gems but mostly just s---. I really hope he steps his game up and releases something good... or I'm done with Marshall. We know he's capable. I don't give a f--- if he's 43, you can still make great music even past your prime, Nas has proven this, Bowie has and Kanye has as well. He's run out of stuff to rap about? What about his life now. What about the hate he's getting or the extreme love. Or his family situation... something. His dating life. We just get barely anything. Bad Guy was the first glance in a while and even that was the only song worth replaying on the whole album. We need more of that.

I just don't get it. Yes he overdosed but he's still Marshall. We've heard him perform old songs and still do the old flow and voice. He just chooses to do this lame robot crap which only 15 year old kids who drink Monster all day and play Call of Duty actually care for. It's lame and boring. We all know what you can do Em. Now MOVE ON. Your fans are sick of this s---. You have one more chance, don't blow it. Otherwise, you're just a faded legend and while I'll always love your old s--- I can't support the new stuff or pretend to like it anymore.

Apr 20, 2024
  2. Thy

Thy 000000

Jan 13, 2016
    Bruh once you start listening to more and more rappers you'll forget about eminem in no time.

Apr 20, 2024
  3. CJ Poe

CJ Poe The Dark Vegan

Jan 13, 2016
    well, that's odd...

Goldy likes this.
    Goldy likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  4. odd

odd

Jan 13, 2016
    I do listen to some others, I love Kendrick & Kanye. Don't mind some Tyler either.

But I miss when Em was so good... it just sucks how every time I have a bit of hope for something amazing I get something subpar. I know he's capable... he needs to up his game or honestly a lot of his fans are gonna be done with him. (Besides the super stans who won't get off his d-ck regardless of the quality) I figure he was one more shot or I'm completely done having faith in him.

Apr 20, 2024
  5. odd

odd

Jan 13, 2016
    :eminem2:

ArthurDW and CJ Poe like this.
    ArthurDW and CJ Poe like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  6. Thy

Thy 000000

Jan 13, 2016
    Lets see mate. Personally, I've given up on eminem and have no faith in him that he'll release an album that's par with his 1st three releases. I'm just over it you know :dno:

Mraczewsky likes this.
    Mraczewsky likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  7. odd

odd

Jan 13, 2016
    I hear you. I'd be over it already but I guess a small part of me just wishes it'd happen. Eh, whatever.

Mothrfckr, Mraczewsky and Thy like this.
    Mothrfckr, Mraczewsky and Thy like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  8. The Lyricvore

The Lyricvore shangri la frontier

Jan 13, 2016
    If em could do a album as good as his verse he did for Dre. Peep's going to be in trouble.

0 0
    Apr 20, 2024
  9. truthless

truthless Today is the day I follow my intuition

Jan 13, 2016
    This is basically the same discussion people have on every hip hop forum, it seems. It is a little annoying.
    Why do people want his next albums to be as good as his first albums? Most of the time, people are expecting the same sound too. As much as I love his first albums. No! I don't want that.
    He needs evolve with his music. It's time to toss away the same f---ing producers he's always working with. People are always saying that Dre should produce some tracks here and there, yet Dr. Dre didn't offer much greatness in the last years. Straight Outta Compton wasn't even that good in my opinion.
    Thats why I sometimes adore Kanye more as an artist. He always pushes boundaries. He always goes on a different adventure with his next albums. It never stays the same. I freaking love that about Ye.
    I miss that about Eminem.

I honestly don't know what to expect with the next album. One thing I can say is that I couldn't careless about The Marshall Mathers LP2. And thats been the case for like 2 years? The album was really really good when it came out for the first time. But that reception of mine held like for a few months. Now, I don't ever feel like re-visiting that album. I probably won't even hear some tracks of that album ever again (Rhyme or Reason e.g.).
    So my expectations are rather low. If it comes out, it comes out. Most of the time it is better to lower your expectations...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    DontKnow likes this.
    DontKnow likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  10. Spatula

Spatula Relapse is a masterpiece

Jan 13, 2016
    You can't be a huge stan if you started listening to him in 2009. And most people here don't like Relapse so you already gave Eminem a better chance than others. Basically, you just started listening to him, and he does something different every album.

Apr 20, 2024
  11. Lucy

Lucy #1

Jan 13, 2016
    @ThyNeighbour yo wtf is going on in this thread, Eminem Stans have become self-aware now or some s---?

Apr 20, 2024
  12. mow

mow long live flippa

Jan 13, 2016
    The album is probably going to be very average overall and i don't really mind, i'm just looking forward to those couple gems he has here and there

Mothrfckr, Tal, threee and 1 other person like this.
    Mothrfckr, Tal, threee and 1 other person like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  13. Dking002

Jan 13, 2016
    Every eminem ablum aside from Encore has been good, he usally doesn't disappoint

Tal likes this.
    Tal likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  14. Goldy

Jan 13, 2016
    This is what I'm saying man

Tal likes this.
    Tal likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  15. Immy

Immy yikes

Jan 13, 2016
    I've got a feeling this gonna sound like Kings Never Die in terms of s--- flow, hook & same old message

0 0
    Apr 20, 2024
  16. Nick

Nick (;

Jan 13, 2016
    I'm confident in saying that it will be better than mmlp2

Kush Gawd likes this.
    Kush Gawd likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  17. Spatula

Jan 13, 2016
    Same here. I don't hate but I don't like MMLP2 that much.

0 0
    Apr 20, 2024
  18. Spatula

Jan 13, 2016
    Yea, that part doesn't make much sense.

0 0
    Apr 20, 2024
  19. odd

odd

Jan 13, 2016
    Nah, Relapse has fantastic Dre production throughout, great lyricism & concepts, good storytelling (Stay Wide Awake, Deja Vu, 3 AM, Beautiful) and his flow is on point. Add in no s-----y pop features and it's just like his old stuff. I love it. But MMLP2 just lacks replay value and is so meh. Recovery is also pretty bad besides a few songs. Yes, there's a few good ones on both but Relapse is more cohesive and has way more replay value. And it feels like the last album where he didn't give a f--- and truly made what he wanted. I'll take Relapse anyday over anything else.

0 0
    Apr 20, 2024
  20. Spatula

Jan 13, 2016
    I agree. But I consider Recovery a classic nonetheless. MMLP2 really lacks replay value, but don't worry, his next album will be different from Relapse, Recovery and MMLP2. If it's going to s---, it's going to s--- because of something we haven't complained about yet.

0 0
    Apr 20, 2024