1. Yes

80.2%
  2. No

19.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazybeats

Nov 23, 2020
    Absolutely and you can still pick up copies that show Stimulate in place of Say Goodbye To Hollywood but people who have it say that it is Say Goodbye To Hollywood that is on there.

Something else which doesn't get mentioned here and to be honest I haven't seen it since the D12World forum days which is now Rap Basement but there was actually an Unmastered Marshall Mathers LP CD sent out too. I know the Unmastered D12 tracks leaked here a while back and that person had them too along with the Unmastered Sequence, I wish I could remember the persons name but he had a lot of rare stuff showed pictures of everything. I don't think there was any unheard music on the Marshall Mathers LP Unmastered but I know a lot of people had talked about the songs possibly being uncensored on there.

I think he has gave us what he wanted to give us over the years. Maybe sometimes there was an incentive, maybe Itunes paid money for extra songs and that's why we got extra songs for Relapse and Recovery, we got 3 songs for Encore, he could easily give us lots more but I think we need to accept what we have gotten from him over the years. s--- On You and The Kids were supposed to be on The Marhall Mathers LP and when he turned that album in they didn't want him to release Who Knew as a single, they wanted another My Name Is, back then you could only get 75 minutes on a CD, ironically enough it wasn't much later that it became 80 minutes, he gave us it. s--- On You didn't make the D12 Devil's Night album but it was released in 2000 as a street single so he obviously thought highly enough of it that he wanted it out there one way or the other. Don't Front was an additional song from MMLP2 not many know about.

I think the idea that there is classics in the vault is a fan's dream more than anything. I don't see why any musician would deliberately hold back really good material. The truth I suspect is that Eminem and Dre are perfectionists and maybe some songs didn't meet their own expectations. I know many songs that never got released they couldn't clear the samples for them but like we seen with Berzerk where they couldn't clear the original sample......they went and used a different song where they could hence why Billy Squier's song was used so clearly Eminem liked the song enough that he was willing to use another beat and sample. Maybe for those older songs he just didn't see the upside in it, maybe in his mind they just weren't good enough compared to other songs. They weren't worth recreating an entirely new beat for them. I can't help but think if there was songs with all these great Dre verses and maybe stuff with Jay Z and Kanye that they would find a way to release it. It doesn't make sense not to.

As much as I would love a new Eminem album I just feel like the hype isn't there anymore and people just expect something new every year just because he did it with the last few albums unexpectedly. I hope Dre releases an album but even Dre is in a similar situation. To admit you have hundreds of songs with Eminem that might not get released tells me it's making work for the sake of it. And then for LL Cool J to reveal with him that he has 40 to 45 songs with Dre that have never been heard and they just make the music for themselves.......in my opinion, I'd rather not hear it. It just comes across as doing it for the sake of doing it and I think that's how they are is, I do think Dre has spent 20 years making music and LL too but that doesn't mean that music is any good or has any real effort put into it and I think the general public are so past that, they're past Dr Dre and LL Cool J and maybe even Eminem and Kanye.....they are now the old skool. Apart from people our age, who else really cares? I think that ship of Dr Dre and Detox has long sailed, about 10 years too late and I don't like to say it but I think Eminem might be the same way. That's what happens when you can make beats on a computer in 10 minutes. You can rap on anything. In my opinion it's just rapping for the sake of rapping and making beats for the sake of making beats because there is nothing else to do with your time. I'd much rather listen to something that had real intention behind it and I think prior to Curtain Call, when they were mostly using tape and I don't care how many millions they have they're not going to waste money on tape and studio time if they don't need to, I think they did put more effort into everything and there was a clear concise effort to really make music that meant something, that made you feel something and made you react and made you emotional. I will always respect them for what they have done but recording hundreds and hundreds of songs to just sit on them or in Eminem's case try and get it down to fit on an 80 minute CD....it seems like too much hard work. I'd much rather hear 80 minutes of music that really has emotion in it, even if it does take you years to record.

And I'm not just dissing hip hop. I think the same way about pop music and some of the big rock bands. I think the recording process now is a bit too easy. I love Ava Max. Ava Max says she recorded over 100 songs for her debut album and there's 15 songs on it. I love the fact everyone is recording but I think music in general has taken a dip. There's really not the kind of high quality there used to be.

kshady and kodo like this.
    kshady and kodo like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  2. jankland

jankland In My Cringe Arc.

Nov 23, 2020
    On occasion haven't been able to watch anything as of recent though if atla and korra count as anime then those are the last things I watched you got any recommendations

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    Ricky likes this.
    Ricky likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  3. FoolishPride

FoolishPride Banned

Nov 23, 2020
    666 minutes

ETERNAL likes this.
    ETERNAL likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  4. lowkitz

lowkitz https://twitch.tv/lowkitzz

Nov 23, 2020
    Watch Great Pretender on netflix season 2 comes out tomorrow it's really good.

Apr 24, 2024
  5. jankland

Nov 23, 2020
    Huh I just looked it up and it seems interesting I'm gonna have to check it out when I get some free time thanks!

lowkitz likes this.
    lowkitz likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  6. lowkitz

Nov 23, 2020
    Anytime :) (also watch cowboy bebop and samurai Champloo if you haven't seen those they're GOATed)

rockinwhiz likes this.
    rockinwhiz likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  7. jankland

Nov 23, 2020
    I've heard nothing but good things about those shows so I think those are on the when not if list ya know but which one do you like more personally?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    lowkitz likes this.
    lowkitz likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  8. lowkitz

Nov 23, 2020
    Bebop, but it's close. I watched Bebop first and then heard Champloo is made by the same people and even has the same VA for the protagonist in both shows. They both have amazing soundtracks but Champloo basically invented lofi hip hop beats to study/relax to. Bebop squeezes out the victory for the better show for me though.

rockinwhiz and jankland like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  9. FiveOh1

FiveOh1 Fallout

Nov 23, 2020
    Rising of The Shield Hero,
    Black Clover,
    Demon Slayer

jankland and Ricky like this.
    jankland and Ricky like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  10. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Nov 23, 2020
    @FiveOh1 I really feel like I'm living under the rock (not this actor, that's gay, yuck).

First comics, then Marvel movies, now anime. I have no idea (mostly) what you're talking about when it comes to these movies and shows lol.

FiveOh1 likes this.
    FiveOh1 likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  11. jankland

Nov 23, 2020
    I always see people s--- on black clover but it always looked cool from the commercials I've seen
    I was thinking of watched bebop before champloo anyways cause the setting seems more interesting to me

lowkitz and FiveOh1 like this.
    lowkitz and FiveOh1 like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  12. jankland

Nov 23, 2020
    d--- you're out of the loop on marvel movies? I guess I just wrongly assume everyone has seen them

FiveOh1 and Ricky like this.
    FiveOh1 and Ricky like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  13. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Nov 23, 2020
    I googled "Marvel movies" and I found out I just seen one movie - Incredible Hulk, back in 2008 lol, since then? Nothing bro

jankland and FiveOh1 like this.
    jankland and FiveOh1 like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  14. FiveOh1

FiveOh1 Fallout

Nov 23, 2020
    This the first time I’ve ever heard of someone shi--ing on clover. Everyone I know loves it. Now I do know some people compare Asta and Yuno to Naruto and Sasuke but whatever.

rockinwhiz, Ricky and jankland like this.
    rockinwhiz, Ricky and jankland like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  15. jankland

Nov 23, 2020
    I liked the art style from what I've seen of it it's definitely one of the shounens I'm interested in
    g.d. I've seen every marvel movie at least once lol I assume you've kept up with star wars though considering baby yoda was your pfp for a bit

rockinwhiz, Ricky and lowkitz like this.
    rockinwhiz, Ricky and lowkitz like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  16. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Nov 23, 2020
    Lol that's right, I'm into Star Wars, especially into The Mandalorian (baby yoda show)! Idk, I just never really tried to watch anything else that Star Wars

I will try tho!

Apr 24, 2024
  17. jankland

Nov 23, 2020
    Have you been liking the new season? I can't wait to see ahsoka!

Ricky likes this.
    Ricky likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  18. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Nov 23, 2020
    Of course man! New season seems to be as good as the first one, which is good. I really hope we'll see Ahsoka in the next episode and young Luke in season 3 or 4. Plus we're getting Boba spin-off before Mando S3. Thank God for Jon Favreau!

Also, big props for Ludwig Gorasson, from making beats for Childish Gambino to making music for Star Wars. This man will go down as one of the greatest.

jankland and rockinwhiz like this.
    jankland and rockinwhiz like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  19. jankland

Nov 23, 2020
    That's all you need to say lmao but on a serious note I can't wait for boba fett to actually do cool things

rockinwhiz and Ricky like this.
    rockinwhiz and Ricky like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  20. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Nov 23, 2020
    We will finally know what the h--- he was up to after he "died" in that sarlacc pitt lmao, his mini-series will be set between "Return Of The Jedi" and Mandalorian Season 2, so we're in for a treat

Yeez and jankland like this.
    Yeez and jankland like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.