Eminem Encore is and will always be Eminem's worst Album, Here's why...

Started by Renovator, Feb 9, 2020, in Eminem Add to Reading List

1. grizzyp

Feb 10, 2020
    Worse than mmlp2? How?

Evil deeds
    Not enough
    Spend some time
    We as Americans
    Love you more

Seriously? You cray cray

0 0
    Apr 22, 2024
  2. Renovator

Feb 10, 2020
    Just Lose it
    Big Weenie
    a--- Like That
    Rainman
    Puke
    My First Single

You Cray cray

0 0
    Apr 22, 2024
  3. JebuSsweatshirt

JebuSsweatshirt She So PrettYyYyYy

Feb 10, 2020
    encore is trash, but recovery, mmlp2, revival, kamikaze, and mtbmb are all worse

Zeugma and Lil Squeed like this.
    Zeugma and Lil Squeed like this.
    Apr 22, 2024
  4. JebuSsweatshirt

JebuSsweatshirt She So PrettYyYyYy

Feb 10, 2020
    rainman > everything he's released since relapse

Zeugma likes this.
    Zeugma likes this.
    Apr 22, 2024
  5. Lil Squeed

Lil Squeed French Montana Stan

Feb 10, 2020
    OP is incorrect

ban

Evad likes this.
    Evad likes this.
    Apr 22, 2024
  6. accountno24572

Feb 10, 2020
    This.
    Also, who gives a d--- what your username is on Section80?

0 0
    Apr 22, 2024
  7. Renovator

Feb 10, 2020
    Calm down Adolf, we live in a society where difference of opinions exist

modli and Lil Squeed like this.
    modli and Lil Squeed like this.
    Apr 22, 2024
  8. Renovator

Feb 10, 2020
    This coming from a username that belongs to a bot

0 0
    Apr 22, 2024
  9. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Feb 11, 2020
    Yeah I like horror movies, not songs. And it's not the actual horror content that bothers me the most, altough I'm not interested in a song about raping a woman in a mercedes lol.

But licking cheese from his nuts, sucking amy whinehouse teeth, smelling placenta, creeping on hanna montana.. its stuff like that I don't wanna hear. Thats not horror just gross lol.

You say u like the concept, non personal songs. That's funny I like the personal songs on here the most, by far actually; deja vu, my mom (my darling, careful what u wish for).

To be fair I do think Hello, Same Song and Dance are f---ing great regardless of the content. They really sound amazing. His rapping and storytelling on this album is great. Just not a fan of most of the content and the accent sucks on several songs.

Bagpipes, medicine ball, 3am and we made you realllllly s--- though. Such a waste of great dre beats.

Overall I think it's okay but I can totally see people's issues w it as well as its praise.

modli, n9ne and Renovator like this.
    modli, n9ne and Renovator like this.
    Apr 22, 2024
  10. TheRealEbonIvore

Feb 11, 2020
    Half of encore is a classic album and then add in all the tracks from the leak around that time.. songs that were supposed to be for encore.. and you can see what happened.. the leak occurred and Eminem just slapped together a bunch of tracks like big weenie free styling in the booth basically.. maybe he was pissed.. I will forever think it was those songs leaking that ruined what Encore could have been.

like I said though— half of encore is the makings of another classic album. But also this is when the drugs were visibly affecting him as I saw him perform live for Encore and yeah..

modli likes this.
    modli likes this.
    Apr 22, 2024
  11. TheRealEbonIvore

Feb 11, 2020
    was supposed to be but it leaked

0 0
    Apr 22, 2024
  12. TheRealEbonIvore

Feb 11, 2020
    I literally thought when encore leaked that they were combatting leaks somehow with a fake album and that we would get the real album in the stores lol...

that’s how much of a let down Encore was compared to the hype he had created for himself at that time with the 3 master piece albums.

I remember we were all talking about it on D12 world.. legit people thought this was possible and it made sense at the time.. but no it was the actual album lol

I still think the highs of this album were better then anything he released afterwards.. we just never got another song on like toy soldiers level again. (I wasn’t a huge fan of relapse)

the green lantern mixtapes are Eminem at his peak however— some of his best verses ever laid down exist there and freestyles.

Buddha likes this.
    Buddha likes this.
    Apr 22, 2024
  13. thunderface

Feb 11, 2020
    yeah, this is exactly what happened, I remember. The leak was a huge deal and he phoned in the rest of the album, like you said.
    Despite the highs of Encore, I have a hard time not ranking it near the bottom of the list because of this. the leaks completely changed the album, and he was pissed cuz the leaked tracks were the among the best songs to be on the album, and gave away the direction he was taking.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    TheRealEbonIvore likes this.
    Apr 22, 2024
  14. Chaotic Progress

Chaotic Progress Next Up... Em! April 26th.

Feb 11, 2020
    You can try rationalise why it's his worse... but at the end of the day... as my racist nukka Lord Jamar - truthfully says - it's all about FEEL. You can't seriously tell me you FELT/FEEL Revival more than Encore?

Revival is by - farrrrr - his worst - ever. I can analyse why MMLP2 is as bad or one of his worst, due to how much of a mess it is, but truthfully - I felt the s--- outta those songs, I had years of listening fun;
    Revival, on the other hand, makes me want to k--- myself just thinking of listening to it. It's soulless and dead. Horrid.

Encore has Evil Deeds, Never Enough, Yellow Brick Road, Puke (bring the hate), Crazy in Love, Spend Some Time, Encore... and even the s--- tracks are listenable and fun @ Rain Man, Big Weenie.
    Go listen to Encore now
    Then listen to Revival @... Tragic Endings.... euugh, Need Me,,, f---!! and tell me Revival is better.
    Revival is the epitome of a once renowned-for-uncompromising (it was litterally his artistic MO and character) artist - trying to conform and appease - everyone, every demographic - aimlessly, soullessly, with no authenticity, begging for acceptence and response by way of trendy structures and names... then he has the gall to say 'am I supposed to sound like everyone else now' as if what he did was unique or NOT conforming to the highest degree.

It's an embarrassment to the man who (b----, I...) Wrote 'Stan'.

n9ne likes this.
    n9ne likes this.
    Apr 22, 2024
  15. fezzer

Feb 11, 2020
    Prolly the last Eminem sounding album, put the leaked tracks on there and you have a solid album.

Zeugma and thunderface like this.
    Zeugma and thunderface like this.
    Apr 22, 2024
  16. thunderface

Feb 11, 2020
    It’s not about rationalizing why it’s so awful...unless you were around in 04 when it dropped, on the heels of the big 3...you cant understand the horrible, sinking feeling it’s poor quality left you with. It was a punch in the gut and like eboni said, people literally thought it was a fake album. It was clear he didn’t even try to make quality tracks for a large chunk of it after the meat of the album leaked, and that didn’t sit well with the fan base. No doubt Encore would’ve been a certified classic though...if only.

Apr 22, 2024
  17. Renovator

Feb 11, 2020
    Is it gay to play Putt-Putt golf with a friend (Yeah)
    And watch his butt-butt when he tees off? (Yeah)

Pibbity-c----a-poo-poo

Oh oh oh oh oh oh no
    Oh ah oh ah oh ah
    Oh oh ah ah
    Oh ah oh ah oh ah
    Poo poo ka ka

Give a little "poot poot", it's OK

Just lose it aah aah aah aah aah
    Go crazy aah aah aah aah aah

chuba chuba chuba chuba chuba

The way you move it, you make my pee-pee go
    Doing doing doing

Please show me examples of other albums post Encore that have dumber, embarrassing and lazy stuff as this

JEB, Z Gangsta and TheRealEbonIvore like this.
    JEB, Z Gangsta and TheRealEbonIvore like this.
    Apr 22, 2024
  18. CSA

CSA Architect

Feb 11, 2020
    It's really dumb to say feeling Encore or Revival because Encore has songs like Mockingbird, Like Toy Soldiers that you would feel and songs like Big Weenie that nobody actually feels. On the other hand, Revival's case is a lot different. It was the most mature album by Em. He had many stories to tell and he had many things to say but people didn't like the way he say it, the way he sounded. Well, some even didn't like the things he had to say. Who cares, Revival was better than Encore in overall that's for sure. Don't tell me Encore didn't have the worst songs he has ever done plus Revival had the best ones like Castle Arose, Walk on Water and Believe.

modli likes this.
    modli likes this.
    Apr 22, 2024
  19. Guma

Guma Dobry ruski, martwy ruski

Feb 11, 2020
    Yeah, we made you is a problem, but it’s the song the label made him do. 3AM is great though.

Buddha likes this.
    Buddha likes this.
    Apr 22, 2024
  20. Guma

Guma Dobry ruski, martwy ruski

Feb 11, 2020
    My mom is boring. Other songs you mentioned are great. The thing about the content you listed is the fact that it fits with the whole vibe of the album so I don’t mind it. The album fits greatly with my mood when it’s fall and I love to listen to it then. I feel like you don’t like horrorcore as a genre and that’s on you not Em why you don’t like the album as much. On this album he took his alter ego horrorcore roots and put it on steroids.

0 0
    Apr 22, 2024