Eminem Encore is and will always be Eminem's worst Album, Here's why...

Started by Renovator, Feb 9, 2020, in Eminem Add to Reading List

1. Koke

Feb 9, 2020
    Without a doubt, its lazy and drugged up.. But it's original Eminem. I have no clue how people have it worse than the albums u mentioned

n9ne, Mothrfckr and Mikey like this.
    n9ne, Mothrfckr and Mikey like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  2. Z Gangsta

Z Gangsta aka Music Anniversary Enjoyer

Feb 9, 2020
    100% agree with OP... motivation is zero on Encore.. lazy pos.. worst album

Apr 18, 2024
  3. JEB

JEB

Feb 9, 2020
    thank God you're back

Z Gangsta likes this.
    Z Gangsta likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  4. Mikey

Feb 9, 2020

his flow & voice on this so much better than anything since Relapse

TheRealEbonIvore, n9ne and Guma like this.
    TheRealEbonIvore, n9ne and Guma like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  5. JEB

JEB

Feb 9, 2020
    Personally I like a lot on MTBMB better than this

Z Gangsta likes this.
    Z Gangsta likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  6. Bojack

Feb 9, 2020
    Τhats not even on the album

henzINNIT likes this.
    henzINNIT likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  7. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Feb 9, 2020
    Call it nostalgia or whatever, but I'd rather listen to Encore than any album he's released since with the exception of Recovery

Zeugma likes this.
    Zeugma likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  8. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Feb 9, 2020
    I dunno all of his albums post tes have flaws and good things. Depends on what u are least annoyed w I guess; Encore's lazy music, Relapse s-----y content/accent, recovery's screaming and dumb punchlines or mmlp2's weird flow (some tracks). Kami and mtbmb are better than all to me though

Oldboy, n9ne, Epitome and 2 others like this.
    Oldboy, n9ne, Epitome and 2 others like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  9. accountno24572

Feb 9, 2020
    There is only one Eminem album that is straight-up bad, and that's Revival.

Evad and Spatula like this.
    Evad and Spatula like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  10. attila

Feb 9, 2020
    His username was inspired by Encore

Renovator likes this.
    Renovator likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  11. froboy6942

Feb 9, 2020
    Encore is NOT his worst album. It's not even on the bottom tier. It's right in the middle of the pack of his discography. Revival is definitely his worst album.

Buddha likes this.
    Buddha likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  12. DJ Lithium

DJ Lithium "The Cool Cats" - The Lith-Meister

Feb 9, 2020
    Turn encore into what it was supposed to be before the leaks. Replace songs like puke, big weenie, rain man etc with we as americans, love you more, and bully. Those songs were intended for the album before they leaked, em replaced them with those trash songs in the middle. Turns the album into a classic if you do this.

My encore looks like this:
    Curtains up
    Evil deeds
    Never enough
    Yellow brick road
    Like toy soldiers
    Mosh
    We as americans
    Go to sleep
    Paul skit
    Bully
    I love you more
    Em calls paul skit
    Just lose it
    911 feat b-real and ganxsta ridd
    Spend some time
    Mockingbird
    Stimulate
    One shot 2 shot
    Final thought
    Encore/curtains down

Bonus disk (diss songs)
    Bump heads
    Canibitch
    Nail in the coffin
    Ricky ticky toc
    The sauce
    Hail mary ft 50 cent and busta rhymes
    Monkey see monkey do

Yes i know songs like go to sleep, 911 and stimulate werent meant for encore. But those songs deserved better spots then being on a soundtrack or a bonus disk for a soundtrack. And sonically they fit the rest of the album.

0 0
    Apr 18, 2024
  13. Guma

Guma Dobry ruski, martwy ruski

Feb 9, 2020
    :emoji_triumph:

Buddha and JulnHT like this.
    Buddha and JulnHT like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  14. Epitome

Epitome Quality (posting) over quantity

Feb 10, 2020
    Idk I listened to ShadyXV the other day for the first time in years and holy s--- is he awful in those songs...same goes with MMLP2...he was litterly rapping about nonsense. Only redeeming song was Guts over Fear

Encore/Relapse > MMLP2/Shady XV/Revival era

It's honestly crazy how he was able to rebound with Kamikaze and MTBMB after literally 6 years of s--- that started with all the awful post Recovery features and culminated with Revival .

RecentEminemFan likes this.
    RecentEminemFan likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  15. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Feb 10, 2020
    It also has 10/10 beats (all of them) and his flow is also 10/10. Its just because of those things that I can see people disliking it

Buddha and Guma like this.
    Buddha and Guma like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  16. Guma

Guma Dobry ruski, martwy ruski

Feb 10, 2020
    I like the content though and you as a horror fan should like some of it too. I feel like making concept albums like Relapse was the only way for him to not recycle content like he is doing nowadays (I can't count how many songs we got about his OD). And tbh nowadays I love that accent (even though I didn't like it when it came out as I was expecting TES 2.0 since it was his great comeback and I feel like a lot of people felt the same way) it's nostalgic and it's waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than his voice after Relapse era. I hate Bagpipes from Baghdad with a passion though. Especially these lines about conjoined twins yikes lol.

Apr 18, 2024
  17. vodkasauce

vodkasauce Banned

Feb 10, 2020
    You can't have a classic album with Evil Deeds, Yellow Brick Road, Mosh, Mockingbird, One Shot 2 Shot and Just Lose it (lol). Stimulate was recorded in 01 maybe 02. This has been tried many times before but the sad reality is Encore is unfixable.

Z Gangsta and amityvilleev like this.
    Z Gangsta and amityvilleev like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  18. Alpha

Alpha

Feb 10, 2020
    The best songs in Encore alone > Recovery, Revival and MMLP2.

Apr 18, 2024
  19. CSA

CSA Architect

Feb 10, 2020
    I kinda agree Encore is the worst. Non of the albums have songs as lazy and dumb as Encore did. If it wasn't for those 3-5 songs, the album might have been a classic. That's why it's always hard to judge Encore and compare it to the rest of his catalogue. Relapse is another weak effort. Not because he had accents all over the songs (even though it makes it hard to enjoy sometimes) I can agree he had some incredible rhyme schemes, great dark murder content and awesome production but songs like We Made You, Bagpipes From Baghdad are really weak. And there are some dope songs such as Beautiful that don't even fit the whole concept of album. But I can see the album considered being a cult classic and I respect that. Recovery is another weaker effort most of the album is way too loud to enjoy from front to back and some of the writing is no where near the quality of prime Em nor post Revival Em. MMLP 2 is one of least fav album. The problem with that album is mainly the production and the whole sound of the album really didn't aged well enough except from some songs like Beautiful Pain, Brainless, Rhyme or Reason etc. Nevertheless, obviously this is better than Relapse and Encore in overral. Might be better than Recovery too.

Here comes the unpopular part. I still think Walk on Water is more emotional and personal than anything Em released since coming back. Believe had that unusual vibe to it and even though I felt it was so good because it was the first time Em ever rapped over trap beat but no, it really was a classic. Castle and Arose are arguably the best songs he has ever written when all things such as concept, writing, production and delivery are considered. Sure Revival had too many pop hooks and poppy beats but the writing on that album is superior than Recovery and maybe even Relapse, MMLP 2 in overall considering he also really addresses some serious stuff with songs such as Untouchable, Nowhere Fast etc. PLus, even the overdone love songs such as Ed Sheeran joints were 10x better written than Love The Way You Lie lol. Of course some weaker songs such as Remind Me but I can say some highs of the album are better than any other album's since TES with this album. So no, Revival is not his best effort but it's not really worse than Recovery to me.

Kamikaze and Music To Be Murdered By are just prime Em level to me. Sure they are very different. Sonically TES Em might be still the best ever, MMLP might be the 2nd but many of the track on those 2 latest albums actually very close to that level and as for the writing, I definitely think he has never been better. Kamikaze is a classic Em but it lacked that album feel a little. Music To Be Murdered By on the other hand, easily the 4th official classic. Sure some might call Relapse or other albums classic before this one but I think majority would agree on MTBMB is the 4th official classic.

Z Gangsta likes this.
    Z Gangsta likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  20. airmax

Feb 10, 2020
    I think Encore suffered 2 major flaws :

1/ cover + album cover made us believe it was a legit follow-up to TES. What's more, even if "D12 World" (released in spring 2004) was a disappointment compared to Devils Night, expectations for Encore were huge because of the promotion (the US elections, the Mosh song with the video...). I remembered the day I bought it. I had all that hype between my hands : TES / 8 Mile vibe, Mosh song (which is a masterpiece)... then I turned on the radio and heard "Just Lost It". And yeah, I completely lost it when I heard songs like "Big Weenie" or "My 1st single". I don't know if the reason for those songs lied in Em's exhaustion after 2001-2003 where is was everywhere), but I couldn't believe how bad that music was. Especially right after TES and 8 Mile OST....

I don't know if some of you guys were even born in 2004, but Eminem's influence was at his peak during that era. He was litterally everywhere and you couldn't be accused of "cultural appropriation" or s--- else like Nick Cannon does nowadays.
    That's why Encore was a such a backlash.

2/ the contrast between songs like "Mockingbird" or "Love You More" and "Big Weenie" or even "a--- Like That" is huge as f---.

There was no way Encore could gather critical applause, not after TES and 8 Mile. Half of the album is all over the place. But I don't resent it because Em really came close to a burnout to make all those great previous records and tours.

kodo likes this.
    kodo likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024