Eminem Favourite Eminem Pop Song?

Started by 83837477, Dec 31, 2016, in Eminem Add to Reading List

1. Buddha

Jan 4, 2017
    I agree although I just didn't find myself listening to it often. But whenever I was in an Uber or somewhere when it came on the radio, it always made me happy because his rhymes are on point and the subject matter is there to back it up. I think for me by the MMLP2 release I was already getting tired of the female hooks (I think the Rihanna and Skylar Grey and Nicki collabs burnt me out) and it only bugged me more as southpaw and shady xv dropped and he had even more female hooks. Not that those songs were bad, I just personally got sick of that formula.

But yea, my personal favorite pop song post hiatus is the monster although I hardly bumped it. I probably listened to kings never die more often and I put that a close second to the monster as best pop song post hiatus.

Edit: Since I mentioned "the formula", I wish he would just go back to using Dre as a true co-executive or Main executive producer, and split production between the afternmath team and the Detroit team. Drop all the female hooks unless it's more of a sample style female hook then I'm ok with that. Go back to having rappers as guest features, d12, Royce is soooooooo overdue for an Eminem album collab, get 50 on a track (his kanaan mixtape was pretty dope, he still has the random gem in him), one or two guest verses from Dre, and lastly, just spazz out about your current life and the s--- that you're dealing with or struggling with but make sure to layer the vocals and try to limit the choppy flow since that bugs so many people.

Essentially, go back to your roots, the original team players, and try to just have as much fun as possible and ignore the stans and their awkward opinions on hip hop.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    0 0
    Mar 29, 2024