Gaming Final Fantasy XV Discussion [GAME OF THE CENTURY]

Started by Final, Nov 27, 2016, in Entertainment Add to Reading List

1. Deadpool

Deadpool the end

Dec 11, 2016
    idk man i expected more from this game there gonna patch it alot so i guess ill come back when they do all that

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  2. FiveOh1

FiveOh1 Fallout

Dec 14, 2016
    Currently fighting Adamantoise, been fighting him for an hour ish. IMG_6438.JPG IMG_6439.JPG IMG_6440.JPG

Final, Lucy and Deadpool like this.
    Final, Lucy and Deadpool like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  3. FiveOh1

FiveOh1 Fallout

Dec 14, 2016
    Update: about close to two hours in paused the game to go to the gym, his health is about half. I'm lvl 64. Using Ultima Blade, Blade of The Mystic, Rune Blade, and Blood Blade.
    Accessories are Helio Bracelet and Emerald Bracelet.
    Food is Lasagna Fa whatchamacallit that gives 4000 Hp 100% exp bonus and elemental immunity.

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  4. Final

Final

Dec 16, 2016
    So I haven't done Adamantoise yet and I still need to do the part 2s of the dungeons and the hidden dungeon as well... I've collected the end game weapons from Randolph though and killed the lvl 120 Naglfar. Might not even get back to it kinda lost interest for now. Especially when the updates provide s--- like this:

"The Holiday Pack includes a number of optional items including accessories that make it easier to obtain items, items that eliminate stamina cost and tickets for a carnival set for late January. The Carnival Style outfit will also be available in January.

Holiday Pack Plus

A bunch of accessories helpful for playing FFXV and a pack of carnival tickets for the January event.
    Accessories include:

Protect Ring
    Command Booster (Only for Noctis)
    Phantom Booster (Only for Noctis)
    Instant k--- Victory Song
    Battle Skill Victory Song
    Key of Fortune
    Stamina Anchor (Only for Noctis)
    Carnival Style (Only for Noctis)
    Photo Frame (Holiday Pack Limited Edition)
    Limited Time Carnival Tickets+
    Note the carnival tickets are the same ones includes with the free pack. Those who pick up the Plus pack will also be eligible for the Holiday Pack free version as well.

Holiday Pack (Free Version)

A bunch of accessories helpful for playing FFXV and a pack of carnival tickets for the January event.
    Accessories include:

Level Stopper
    Victory Song of Annihilation
    Mog Choco T-shirt (Only for Noctis)
    Limited Time Carnival Tickets"

Link has images to Noctis exclusive outfit, looks like a ridiculous...Mariachi thing.

"In addition to the Holiday Pack, fans can download a new update adding New Game Plus, and a photo frame feature for social media uploads. Both Holiday Packs will be distributed at the same time as these free updates.

New Game Plus will allow you to bring your clear data over to a new game. SNS photo framing will allow fans to attach photo frames when posting to social networks."

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/...oliday-pack-update-content-drops-december-22/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What a crazy way to end a game that's been waited on for 10 years. Game is half complete and somehow they can continue to waste resources on this type of s--- instead of working on a fix. I get game dev doesn't work like that but honestly... someone was paid to make this.

Lucy likes this.
    Lucy likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  5. Lucy

Lucy #1

Dec 22, 2016
    10 year wait for a game that took maximum 2 and a half years development time :wow2:

compared to other final fantasies my thoughts on the story start-finish is pretty much that it's the most unsatisfying FF i've played in terms of story, but it's also the most tragic in the series.

Noctis spends his whole life learning and being taught/told "your gonna grow up, marry luna and become the king! and live happily ever after!" when he reaches a certain age though, his father is given more and more visions of the future and Noctis' future. The king realizes the only hope for humanity/to save his son is to keep it hidden from him and tell his son to f--- off and meet Luna. Noctis f---s off all happy go lucky expecting to marry Luna after a road-trip with some bros, but instead finds out his entire home's been destroyed and his father killed. from prince to homeless over night. Noctis having no f---ing idea wtf is going on, is slowly told bits and pieces of his apparent destiny and Noctis isn't even sure if he accepts it, but cause he's lost all sense of direction he continues on doing these insane things like gathering the power of the titans and taking on nifflheim head-first at any chance due to his rage of them destroying his home. As Noctis progresses through these things, he seems almost just one step behind Luna and so close to her, but so far off at the same time. When Noct finally ends up in the same city, it's on lockdown and the only way Noct can see her is while she's making a public speech. after this she rushes off to give her final bit of help and summon the Leviathan so you may claim its powers, but instead of things going to plan, Luna is killed by Ardyn to fuel Noct's rage so that Noct will seek out revenge - putting Ardyn the immortal out of his misery after a thousand years. "they played us like a d--- fiddle" Fast forward to the end of the game and you find Ardyn was the first "chosen" king, destined to remove darkness from the world at the cost of becoming a demon himself. after 1000 years he goes insane and decides immortality isn't good and he wants to do and the only way he can do it is if he makes someone in his image. This is where Noct comes in. Even though you go through all these trials and tribulations to reach the crystal in the hopes of restoring the wall, driving out the demons, and restoring the world. Instead Ardyn sees Noctis is still too weak, so he uses the crystal as a trap to absorb noct and help Noct gain his full power. Noct emerges from the Crystal 10 yrs later when the world is completely f-----, complete darkness and just ruined. he goes to fight Ardyn but it's all futile though because Ardyn's immortal and Noct realizes the only option is to speak to the past kings. The past kings give Noct the power to k--- Ardyn, at the cost of Noctis' life.

So instead of going with his bros to get married and live happily ever after, Noctis instead has to k--- himself to save the entire world. That's f---ing tragic. I think it's a good story, but like I said a very very unsatisfying ending.

Also anyone notice that Ifrit is actually Nyx from Kingsglaive? (not 100% sure if true, but they have the same scars on their shoulder/arm and at the start of Kingsglaive theres a scene where Nyx is playing with fire on the couch)

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  6. theg

theg got that pma

Dec 23, 2016
    just bought this and watch dogs 2 on sale on psn
    this was 33% off and WD2 was 40% off so it basically came out to getting 1 game for free just about. hoping this will be good despite the faggy character design, never played an FF before and like I said I didn't like the platinum demo but meh who cares. higher hopes for this than WD2 anyway

Deadpool likes this.
    Deadpool likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  7. Deadpool

Deadpool the end

Dec 23, 2016
    gamplays great story is flop worth the purchase tho

theg likes this.
    theg likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  8. theg

theg got that pma

Dec 23, 2016
    have a feeling I wasn't gonna care about the story one way or the other

Deadpool likes this.
    Deadpool likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  9. Deadpool

Deadpool the end

Dec 23, 2016
    yea u can just run around which is what i plan on doing when i get back interested in it but i play final fantasy for stories so it f----- up the experience for me

theg likes this.
    theg likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  10. Jerome

Dec 23, 2016
    Is this game worth 39€ ?
    And is it better than Witcher 3 ?

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  11. Lucy

Lucy #1

Dec 23, 2016
    Not better than witcher 3, sadly. Maybe 2 more years Dev time and it'd be on par

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  12. Jerome

Dec 23, 2016
    Wasn't the game for 10 years in development already?
    to be fair Witcher 3 set the bar really really high especially with its 2 amazing addons.
    10/10 Game

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  13. Lucy

Lucy #1

Dec 23, 2016
    Sorta. The "10 year" thing is missleading. So.e Tabata/Nomura guy made the ffxiii-versus game for last gen consoles, the other dude picked it up a couple years back and took over, rebuilding it for current gen. So in the end of the 10 year wait we got a game that took 2 and a half years to make.

Jerome likes this.
    Jerome likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  14. theg

theg got that pma

Dec 25, 2016
    am i missing anything if i go on from the first area? like, i got to the part where i'm like 2 main story missions in, i got all the dog tags for the side missions so far, but they're talking about a ferry and going to a new area
    there still seems like there's so much more in this area tho
    am i missing out by progressing? is it like the witcher where instead of 1 open world it's 3 or 4 huge open areas that you can go between? or can i come back later and explore further

f---ing open world games are so stressful mang

Lucy and Deadpool like this.
    Lucy and Deadpool like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  15. The Mack

Dec 25, 2016
    Just bought this game, FIFA 17 & MGS5. #Lit

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
    0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  16. Deadpool

Deadpool the end

Dec 25, 2016
    u can come back and explore

theg likes this.
    theg likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  17. Final

Final

Dec 25, 2016
    It's gonna say "You can't come back for awhile" a lot but you always can :wellsht:

theg likes this.
    theg likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  18. theg

theg got that pma

Dec 25, 2016
    >use lightning spell while standing in a puddle
    >the water conducts electricity and shocks anything standing in it

:banderas: i love games with attention to detail like that, unfortunately i was standing in the water with my whole party when it happened because i wasn't expecting it to actually conduct :wellsht:

Lucy likes this.
    Lucy likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  19. Lucy

Lucy #1

Dec 25, 2016
    Wait till you accidentally set fire to the entire fields and burn yourself from firaga lol. In response to your other post this dickhead did not release you can talk to the dog and just go anywhere at any time so I started playing a new save as I thought I couldn't go back from the point I was at

theg likes this.
    theg likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  20. theg

theg got that pma

Dec 25, 2016
    :lmaooo: did that too, at first i didn't realize that the grass had actually caught fire and it was spreading but then i noticed that it was getting bigger and i was taking damage

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024