1. Dew

Dew سيف الله

Dec 4, 2014
    u defiantly missing out there bruh

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  2. irbis

Dec 4, 2014
    I know, I know. I'm just waiting for the right mood, to be honest. I have them both on my computer. I'd rather my first time with Barry Lyndon to be on a giant screen but no such luck. Man, I can dream.

Charlie Work likes this.
    Charlie Work likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  3. Dew

Dew سيف الله

Dec 4, 2014
    Around Christmas is the perfect time for Eyes Wide Shut believe that

irbis likes this.
    irbis likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  4. irbis

Dec 4, 2014
    Alright, I'll watch it this month.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  5. Old_Parr

Dec 4, 2014
    Hiroshima Mon Amour

One of the Most lyrical films i've seen, if that's a proper word. I take this as a very powerfull anti war film without showing the cruelty we're used to see in these types of movies. Hiroshima Mon Amour tells us a story of love and human behavior beautifully played by the protagonists with a very rich dialogue that flows so smoothly in each sentence that manages to deliver both messages (War & Love) at the same time.

8.5/10

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
    FilmAndWhisky and Twan like this.
    FilmAndWhisky and Twan like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  6. Joshua Smoses

Joshua Smoses Pink fur, looking like Cam

Dec 4, 2014
    I've seen all of tarantino, fincher too once i see gone girl, and most of Kubrick, Nolan, Spielberg, and Malick.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  7. Pinhead

Dec 4, 2014
    Speaking of Malick, I'm planning on throwing on the extended version of The New World tonight. Expecting great things. The Tree of Life, The Thin Red Line, and To the Wonder are three of the best movie experiences I've had in the last year.

Joshua Smoses and Vahn like this.
    Joshua Smoses and Vahn like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  8. Charlie Work

Charlie Work Level 5 Goblin

Dec 4, 2014
    @Pindhead To The Wonder got mixed reviews compared to the others. It's in the running for my favorite Malick film and I think I'm alone there.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  9. Pinhead

Dec 4, 2014
    @CharlieWork I don't think he'll ever top The Thin Red Line. One of my favorite films ever.

As for To the Wonder, the only explanation I have for the mixed reviews is that critics who liked that style in The Tree of Life grew tired of it in To the Wonder. It relies much more on visuals to tell the story than The Tree of Life does and if you don't buy into what Malick/Lubezki are trying to do with that, the experience might get lost on you. Personally, I could watch that s--- all day.

Charlie Work likes this.
    Charlie Work likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  10. Vahn

Vahn butterfly jewels beauty

Dec 4, 2014
    It's top 3 Malick for me but The Tree of Life is his magnum opus and probably my favorite film of all time.

Swizz and Twan like this.
    Swizz and Twan like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  11. Old_Parr

Dec 6, 2014
    Finally Saw Interstellar

I Guess Nolan Will always be Nolan, as expected, the film had a few highlights, but then he tries to make it bigger in the next scene and sometimes that resulted a bit out of proportion and it pisses me off because i feel he's wasting the chance to make an all time classic film. Despite this, i enjoyed the movie a lot and the soundtrack was great. I usually like a lot Nolan's films at first but then it starts to fade in my memory as time passes by, as of now i'd give a 8/10

Twan likes this.
    Twan likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  12. Twan

Dec 6, 2014
    Xavier Dolan talks about his English language debut, The Death and Life of John F. Donovan.

'The story centers on a Hollywood star (to played by Kit Harington, who Deadline reports just joined the picture) whose innocent pen pal relationship with an 11-year-old in London becomes exposed, and he becomes the target of the editor of tabloid rag The Gossip. And it's the latter part that's Chastain's, and according to Dolan, it's a vicious one.

"We're going to have so much fun doing this. She's a mega tricky villain. Like full-on b----," the director said. "I'm a fan of what she does and I can see all that she can do, but she has not played this part. It's a very specific part. It's sheer evil."

"Well it is a sort of reflection on Hollywood's impact in the modern artist's life, the actor's life, the people from the industry. It's a sort of take on how it affects privacy. But it's not a satire. It's more of a drama with a structured story of two different lives intertwined: the story of a very, very famous, new 'it' boy — but not only 'it' because we're talking iconic, we're talking new legend," he explained. "This guy called John F. Donovan is beloved by his peers, admired, adulated, adored by the public, by the fans and approved by the industry and by the journalists. He's a sort of immediate myth but he's been having this secretive correspondence with a very young man, an 11-year-old actor-to-be in the UK and they have never told anyone about it, and the film is the story of a sort of an Icarus flight, if I can call it that, when the existence of the letters is revealed to the public and people make the most sordid assumptions, and how this man's career, and life, completely collapse." '

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...n-his-next-movie-kit-harington-joins-20141205

Zeugma and Vahn like this.
    Zeugma and Vahn like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  13. Woody

Dec 6, 2014
    I've seen a bunch of films recently.

I've been working my way through some filmographies -- like I had said, I saw all of David Lynch's work as well as some of Steven Soderbergh's. These are some films I saw for the first time in the past two or three months.

O Brother, Where Art Thou?
    All That Jazz
    Stagecoach
    Nightcrawler
    Gone Girl
    The Double
    The Purge
    The Purge: Anarchy
    You’re Next
    Being There
    Contagion
    Gray’s Anatomy
    Bubble
    And Everything Is Going Fine
    Pickpocket
    Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father
    Birdman
    The Limey
    Out of Sight
    Waking Life
    The Good German
    Schizopolis
    Primer
    Mouchette
    The Trial of Joan of Arc
    Conducta
    Elephant
    The Color Wheel
    Computer Chess
    L’Argent
    Blackfish
    This Is Not a Film
    Mommy
    Interstellar
    The Informant!
    Maps to the Stars
    Still Alice

FilmAndWhisky, Vahn, Twan and 2 others like this.
    FilmAndWhisky, Vahn, Twan and 2 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  14. Twan

Dec 6, 2014
    @Woody have you written anything about Mommy? Dolan's best?

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  15. Woody

Dec 6, 2014
    I haven't written anything.

It's weird seeing some unknown filmmaker that I was obsessed over blossom into this international star. It's even a little annoying. I loved him way back when every critic bashed his style; now those guys are bandwagon fans. I always feel like, when that happens, you suddenly have a different relationship from then on.

Mommy is great, and I think for the average film lover, they'll think it's his best. It's a little more refined in terms of its narrative and it's burts of musical cues are a welcoming surprise; whereas in Heartbeats, it's almost all stylized (which is why I adore it). I never thought Xavier Dolan would top some of those beautiful music sequences from Heartbeats and Laurence Anyways ("b--- b---" sequence and clothes raining down, respectively), but there is a sequence in Mommy that may top all of that. It's almost like something out of a Terrance Malick film. I couldn't believe my eyes.

In the end, I prefer Heartbeats. I fell in love with his style then and it's something else for me. Mommy may be more accessible and features a bit of everything he's great at doing.

Apr 26, 2024
  16. FilmAndWhisky

Dec 7, 2014
    Just downloaded Heartbeats. Glad to see you working your way through Bresson. Any thoughts?

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  17. Old_Parr

Dec 7, 2014
    Would you guys recomend watching Goodbye To Language in 2D? Do i miss a lot if i do it?. The chance of me getting to see that in 3D is 0.00001%

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  18. FilmAndWhisky

Dec 7, 2014
    No

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  19. Twan

Dec 7, 2014
    Yep, unfortunately, I agree with @FilmAndWhisky . The movie's whole value is in Godard's innovative use of the technology. Of course, if you have zero chance of seeing it in 3D, maybe it's worth a watch (it is only 70 minutes), but definitely not recommended.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  20. Woody

Dec 7, 2014
    I enjoyed them. I've seen five now, but yeah, I'm all about pain and suffering.

Vahn and FilmAndWhisky like this.
    Vahn and FilmAndWhisky like this.
    Apr 26, 2024