Futbol/Soccer Best Posts: Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread

1. icecube

icecube West Coast is the Best Coast

Jul 5, 2021
    Nothing to be sorry about man, we've been boring up until the Ukraine match. Let's just hope that energy continues.

If England want paying Denmark then I'd be rooting for them as well. Underdogs and coming from such a s--- situation is admirable.

Apr 26, 2024
  2. Jimelej

Jimelej Guest

Jun 23, 2021
    Never think Sweden will go easy:whylie:

Apr 26, 2024
  3. icecube

icecube West Coast is the Best Coast

Jun 17, 2021
    Looks like my food luck streak will continue. Just need Netherlands to win this one and I'm another £140 richer.

£300 profit in 2 days I'm very happy with.

Apr 26, 2024
  4. BIGFOOT

BIGFOOT More than a myth!

Jun 14, 2021
    I was expecting a Poland victory due to Lewandoski being a GOAT player

smh

Apr 26, 2024
  5. Guma

Guma Dobry ruski, martwy ruski

Jun 14, 2021
    I bought our national team jersey few weeks ago for this occasion. Come to Gdansk I have tickets for our team training tomorrow.

Ordinary Joel, Alpha, BIGFOOT and 2 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  6. Alpha

Alpha

May 26, 2021
    That was one of the most entertaining penalty s---t outs ever.

Apr 26, 2024
  7. Detroit24

May 25, 2021

Apr 26, 2024
  8. Detroit24

May 4, 2021

Apr 26, 2024
  9. aleeex1923

May 3, 2021
    You won't see this in this in today's football like never, there is no player that would turn down Real Madrid and Manchester United to play in the 2nd Division because his team got relagated.

I used to love football from the bottom of my heart when I was a younger, now I just like it.

[​IMG]

Jakey, BIGFOOT, Michael Myers and 2 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  10. aleeex1923

May 2, 2021
    CONGRATS

Inter as well, fist championship after 11 years!

[​IMG]

Jakey, Detroit24, Alpha and 2 others like this.
    Jakey, Detroit24, Alpha and 2 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  11. aleeex1923

Apr 27, 2021
    Thoughts on the first leg against Real and Chelsea 1-1 ?

Who ya'll got to go into the final?

Can't lie Chelsea played better and in my opinion they are the favorites, however Real Madrid it's a team made for big games and this can easily go their way. Can't wait for next week's game

And tomorrow we have PSG - City what a game this will be.

Ordinary Joel, Jakey, BIGFOOT and 2 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  12. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Feb 24, 2021
    d--- nobody watchin CL ?

OwI, Alpha, Jakey and 2 others like this.
    OwI, Alpha, Jakey and 2 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  13. Zeugma

Zeugma thugger thugger my brother

Dec 14, 2020

BIGFOOT, Jakey, Ordinary Joel and 2 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  14. The Real Slim Shady

Nov 25, 2020
    RIP Diego Maradona x

asvdawg, Ordinary Joel, Jakey and 2 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  15. aleeex1923

Oct 25, 2020
    I sometimes don't understand how VAR works, I mean I can't imagine 4-5 people in the booth looking at this than looking at one another and say "Yup def not a penalty move on"

BIGFOOT, Alpha, Fire Squad and 2 others like this.
    BIGFOOT, Alpha, Fire Squad and 2 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  16. aleeex1923

Oct 21, 2020
    Wtf is going on, Shakthar leads 3-0 at half time against Real Madrid and the ukrainian team is missing more than half of their usual squad.

LE : Shakhtar are missing 10 first-team players due to COVID-19 so basically the second team of Shakthar owns Real Madrid.

Is not looking good for Real, first the loss at home against Cadiz and now this and let's not forget El Classico is next for them.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    Alpha, Ordinary Joel, BIGFOOT and 2 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  17. Fire Squad

Fire Squad Boss Don Biggavel

Oct 20, 2020
    Champions League started today, so here's some quick thoughts:

- PSG-United was the big one today, you know if you were to give PSG some of United's star midfielders, they'd easily be the most unstoppable footballing juggernaut we've ever witnessed. Ole decided to go with a backline of 5 to make sure there will always be extra support regardless if Mbappe or Neymar slip past their marker, with possibly Rashford & Martial being able to knick one with an exposed backline. Had PSG had some extra quality in the middle, it would have changed just a few dynamics of the game--namely McTominay & Fred being moved out to track runners & cover passing lanes--but this was reassuring for United as they had some solid performances from each individual defender against the top forwards of the world. PSG probed and thanks to some interventions from De Gea, they were still in the game as Ole introduced Pogba and the pendulum swung towards United as they saw more of the ball and managed to seal the win after Pogba found Rashford and he finally decided to make an aggressive play and s---t. Big win, PSG will bounce back, curious to see how United will approach a more tactically disciplined side with RB Leipzig looming.

- Juventus are a sight for sore eyes. I'd wish Pirlo decided to say f--- it and play some cavalier football ala Zeman, but I don't think it'll be possible with the personnel he has. Chiesa was a brilliant transfer, he's had a rough start but he'll come good. Dybala at 100% will remedy some of the attacking impotency this team has, perhaps more shocking was seeing Morata score a brace!? Guess he's just more confident wearing that Juventus uniform more than anything.

- Dortmund-Lazio was one h--- of a spectacle, although once again BvB leave so much to desire on defense. The loss of Hakimi has further limited this team out wide, as now teams can pretty much pack the middle and they don't have that extra release valve to ease their way towards goal. Idk if Favre's tactics will ever function in the more fast paced environment that the knockout rounds provide in the UCL, he might just have to consider reverting back to the 4231 if this team wants to still be in contention, today might have just been a bad stylistic match-up against Inzaghi's stubborn 3 man backline. That being said, their offense still finds ways to be dangerous, if their shooting boots were on the scoreline would have been closer but Lazio simply took their chances. Feels like Serie A has taken leaps in quality lately, keeping my eye on this resurgence as Lazio isn't even a top 5 team in the league anymore.

Didn't get a chance to see Barca & Chelsea, I'll probably just check the highlights.

Alpha, Jakey, aleeex1923 and 2 others like this.
    Alpha, Jakey, aleeex1923 and 2 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  18. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Oct 1, 2020
    Barca and Juve in one group, sweet.

- Official Post By Hip-Hop CEO: Rick James

Apr 26, 2024
  19. Fire Squad

Sep 27, 2020
    Shoutout to @aleeex1972 for holding it down here with the video's & commentary! I'm gonna go more in depth in these weekend columns, in case you want some analysis/opinion and feel free to fire away questions on your team's progress:

Thoughts on 9/26:

- Dortmund's Lucian Favre is one of my favorite managers, he's also my Stats experts & Analysts worst nightmare since his teams continuously bust expected goals(xG) models for years. When his teams are firing on all-cylinders they are a unstoppable defensively-sound team with an emphasis on always having numerical superiority on both attacking & defensive sequences. Last match day the kids performed phenomenally, yesterday...not so much. Problem with zone-oriented marking is it can't keep up with rapid ball movement, which Augsburg successfully accomplished and they won the game. This happens in multiple occasions in every year I've seen BvB, looks like it'll be another chaotic camp gain for Favre's side.

- I hate being negative towards United and instead of beating the bush again, let's focus on the good. Van De Beek brings a lot of impetus and energy in his cameos, honestly Pogba better step on the accelerator otherwise he could use some time on the pine until he matches Donny's intensity. There were chances created, which is always a good sign that something is working, converting those expected goals is the next step, with the attackers United have it should be no problem. Brighton has taken a leap this season, this will turn out to be a valuable away win down the stretch. Ole needs to have a long look at his personnel and figure out what's the best method to get the best out of them {pssst, make them a deep-sitting counter team!!!)

- Speaking of concerning images, this Chelsea team is gonna rue dropping these points to WBA. The mental slips on defense s--- and that 1st half was probably the worst we'll see of Chelsea hopefully this season, Lampard will need to iron that out against teams that press high. Good thing is the team floored it in the 2nd half and fighting back with 3 goals is no small feat regardless of the quality of the opposition. Even with Kante's presence, there is a lot of responsibility on Havertz to plug holes and make the opponent's midfield have to work to progress the ball, otherwise Chelsea's transitional defense is gonna get battered even against weaker sides. A lot of work to do, but the offense is clicking and the room for growth is pretty evident, it's just a matter if they work to get there.

- This is the Serie A corner, where we had a continuation of last season with goals flying left and right as this league once again sheds it's old stereotype of being a defensive league. Atalanta picked up where they last started by conceding 2...and then scoring 4 lol. Same personnel, some new smart recruits from the bench and hopefully they can make another run at the title! Inter-Fiorentina was a barn burner, momentum shifted over and over in the game with Inter shooting with reckless abandon and Fiorentina's stars showcasing their aptitude for creativity. Ribery rolled back the years, Castrovilli continues to be one of Europe's most electric midfielders and Inter's bench is f---ing insane. Crazy win for Inter but Conte will get very little sleep this season if his defenders are battling injuries, considering his ethos IS being defensively sound and he had no choice but to start two fullbacks in his infamous back 3.

- Lastly, my beloved Real Madrid survived a cagey match against Pellegrini's high-flying Betis. This was a valuable win away, Betis is going to be fighting for European spots at the rate they're going, can't stress how difficult it is stoping Canales-Fekir-Joaquin from creating dangerous plays. There were some close refereeing calls in our favor, but it's due to our aggressiveness in attack and ability to pin opposition back in why we generate penalties and red cards (both instances were rightfully called for in any way you look at it). Jovic needs to participate more in our possessional phases and just show intensity, since otherwise he did his job quite well in keeping Betis' center backs occupied and allowing Benz to roam and be dangerous (he really needs to convert ffs). Fede Valverde needs to start every week, the intensity & ever-improving quality he brings is too invaluable to confine, we're a different team with him in the midfield. On to Valladolid and hopefully get a some good games out of the kids @Alpha

BIGFOOT, Ordinary Joel, RG9 and 2 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  20. Fire Squad

Sep 21, 2020
    Recap of yesterday 9/20:

- Rough result for the Blues, stamp of authority by the Reds. I've seen a lot of abuse being hurled at Mason Mount, parts of it warranted and other parts are pure toxicity. He's never going to be a KDB, but he brings a lot of energy and workrate that will come in handy in certain scenarios. Poor Kepa, every mistake is only going to get magnified more and more. I mentioned this about King Kai earlier on this board, he's just not meant to be a wide player, once Pulisic comes back hoping he gets sent into the hole behind Werner to optimize his abilities, otherwise impatience will begin to amount. As for Liverpool, champion's statement from them, they're still the team to beat and the addition of Thiago will be huge as his cameo showed everything he's capable of.

- Tottenham's entire offensive plan will essentially live and die with Son's fitness. He's the only one that makes things happen with Kane, I have no idea what version of Bale will we see there. Hope he does well though, but good result for the Spurs to bounce back from after last weeks miserable display. Also LOL at Newcastle for getting smacked by Brighton, that big money project is gonna be an adventure to follow this season.

- Serie A will be very good, I can just feel it. Pirlo is going the Conte route with that same 352 formation, hoping to maximize his midfield runners and get CR7 & eventually Dybala as close to the opposition's backline as possible. Idk if they have the wingbacks to get the best out of it, but I'm rooting for Weston McKennie's gradual progression there, hope he converts himself as an outstanding midfielder. Napoli also had a great start, some fantastic attacking movements and rapid ball triangulation. My boy Chucky Lozano looked lively and was involved in both goals, hoping this will be the season he cements himself as a major player in the league! Shoutout to Victor Osmihen, that guy looks like a seriously dangerous striker, Eto'o's movement but with Weah's strength and skillset at a first glance.

- @Alpha rough start from us, I know the mob with their pitchforks are already ready to burn us to the stake, but I saw some positivities in out performance vs La Real. Odegaard had a ton of lovely touches, take this from a fellow #10; it will take a few grinds before you learn everyone's movements & preferences, yet anytime he spearheaded a break he was dangerous and his vertical passing + one-twos are nothing short of perfection. Our Brazilians will need time, I can't reiterate this enough. There will be growing pains but the wait will be worth it, these games are learning experiences, although its worth mentioning that I believe Rodrygo is better on the left as well and hopefully Asensio rediscovers his greatness on the right, this would be the ideal scenario but we'll see. Zizou def needs to trust Valverde in right off the bat, I love Modric dearly but it's time to pass the baton, we need energy and movement in the middle. Betis will be fun, Manuel Pellegrini has got them off to a good start and we'll get a much more open game for our offense to truly test themselves.

Jakey, Alpha, Ordinary Joel and 2 others like this.
    Apr 26, 2024