Futbol/Soccer Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread

Started by Flacko, Nov 24, 2014, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. Guma

Guma Dobry ruski, martwy ruski

Apr 11, 2018
    Well said. Roma seems the easiest opponent, but we will see. If we will go through to the final I want to play against Bayern.

Fire Squad likes this.
    Fire Squad likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  2. Fire Squad

Fire Squad Boss Don Biggavel

Apr 11, 2018
    Always dreamed of Bayern-Real, all the more painful now since James is there :mjcry: This season reminds me a lot of our 99/00 season where we were utter s--- in the league (not kidding we finished in 6th or 7th I think) but defeated United, Bayern & Cuper's Valencia to win the #8.

Sad to see Buffon losing his mind there, can't help but feel echoes of the 2006 World Cup Final.

Alpha and Guma like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  3. Guma

Apr 11, 2018
    That Bayern game is my first football memory.

Fire Squad likes this.
    Fire Squad likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  4. Fire Squad

Apr 11, 2018
    Mine was some of 1998, I distinctly remember the final against Juventus. Crazy how different the landscape of football was at the time; United and Juventus were the two richest/biggest clubs in the world, Barca and Real were frustratingly inconsistent despite having future legends, Arsenal was a critically acclaimed team, Liverpool had an exciting young team, R9 was the best player in the world at the age of 21-22 playing in the hyper-competitive Serie A (they were the modern BPL of the 90s) with Lazio, the Milans, Roma, Parma and Batistuta's Fiorentina all fighting for glory.

Guma likes this.
    Guma likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  5. Alpha

Alpha

Apr 11, 2018

Guma and Fire Squad like this.
    Guma and Fire Squad like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  6. Guma

Apr 11, 2018

different angle

Alpha likes this.
    Alpha likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  7. Alpha

Alpha

Apr 12, 2018
    The match last night reminded me of this match. Bayer were 3-1 on Aggregate (they beat Arsenal in London) in quarter finals. This was from 2013 season, which Bayer ended up winning.

This gives me hope and makes me feel optimistic that Real Madrid can, should and will learn from those silly and crucial mistakes they made and can definitely win it again. They were on the verge of panic and death, but you know what they say, what doesn't k--- you makes you stronger. There is a room for improvement.

Btw guys, another important point I didn't mention is that another reason Juventus got their tactics and plan right last night and everything seemed to go their way is because this is the third time Real Madrid faced them in nearly a year, and second in a week, third time is a charm. The similar thing happened this season with Barcelona and Juventus, third time Barcelona faced Juventus after last year's quarter final, Barcelona beat them 3 - 0 (and in fact they even beat Juventus in the pre season.) Last season Real Madrid faced Sevillia thrice in a week, (two matches in Copa Del Rey, a 3 - 0 win at home for RM, then a 3 - 3 draw away, then few days later Real Madrid played Sevillia again in the league and that's when Sevillia won 2 - 1 and broke Real Madrid's streak of no defeats.

@Guma @Fire Squad

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    Fire Squad and Guma like this.
    Fire Squad and Guma like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  8. Dread or Alive

Dread or Alive Kamikaze should've been released 3 years ago

Apr 12, 2018
    No we've been exposed as having a s--- manager. The guy played a flat 4-4-2 (defensive mindset) against a high pressing back three (from the team 4th in Serie A) using Messi and Suarez as forwards. Meaning if we can't beat the 5 man midfield press, we have no outlet to spread it out wide because Messi and Suarez are relatively s--- in the air. This guy put out a defensive team with a single mindset and no plan b.

Guess when Valverde made his first formation change or substitution..... the 81st minute, taking of iniesta for Gomes.

I had to sit through 90 mins of the team that made me love football, playing the worst match i've ever seen any team play. I mean people laugh at the result, but the result is just the finishing blow, it's the knowledge that us fans having to bear with 90 mins of unwatchable football (unless you are a roma fan) was for naught, but for total humiliation and disappointment at the end of it.

The guy made no rotations during January and February burning out our best players, he had BARCA defend in their own half for 90 mins against f---ing ROMA and even after pique went to him and said "boss we're getting screwed and we need a change" he REFUSED until the 81'st minute bringing on GOMES. And after we concede, he brings on dembele and guess what, we nearly score countless times!!

Meanwhile Madrid:
    always play attacking football
    rest players at key times
    are built around attacking players i'e ronaldo
    and invest in energetic and youthful players.

Meanwhile barca:
    f---ing flat 4-4-2
    Overworked pique, alba, messi, suarez. Keeps iniesta on pitch for 80 mins every game.
    Is built around pragmatism and defense
    And is now known universally as a club that ruins the career of young players. Gomes wasn't always s--- you know. And spurs were looking to sign denis last summer.

Of f---ing course madrid are gonna win another champions league, we are anti madridistas but we are f---ing realistic, and the only team that was gonna stop them in the champions league was us, and we gave them a free f---ing ride.

Barca is easily one of the worst run clubs in Europe. And as the players that carried us through the golden years get older, this s--- get's worse.
    Thank god we got dembele and coutinho, and Arthur coming in january. Thank f---ing god we signed umtiti and Semedo, I'm happier seeing Gomes on the field than paulinho, and god know why denis suarez never plays, he's actually been good this season when he has.

I don't give a f--- about being better than Madrid at this point, because to be honest, they run their f---ing club better than we do. That's why ceballos and Theo BOTH simply changed their minds and told us to f--- off. Not because Madrid are winning stuff, but because it's just a better club to be at in the long run. I just want to see my club play enjoyable football again.

Apr 25, 2024
  9. Dread or Alive

Apr 12, 2018
    you guys are better off than we are, i almost enjoyed watching madrid attack. f--- defending, Juventus lost the game when they defended.

Guma likes this.
    Guma likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  10. Guma

Apr 13, 2018
    Are you guys happy with the draw? @Wzzi @Fire Squad

Apr 25, 2024
  11. Fire Squad

Apr 13, 2018
    This is the 4th f---ing time we've met them this decade, this one comes with extra venom considering last years duel and James on their team. Neuer being healthy will be crucial, Coman is another player that's slowly ascending there with Robbery both under streaky form. Need to practice defending set-pieces since that's where they'll do most of the damage but overall it'll be a good one.

Preferred this than heading to Anfield or a recently rapturous Italy tbh

Apr 25, 2024
  12. Dread or Alive

Apr 14, 2018
    Slowly Ascending you say? Dude Coman's been top tier for a while now.

Might not even play tbh. He's second choice to Muller most of the time.

Apr 25, 2024
  13. Fire Squad

Apr 14, 2018
    He's made big leaps this season, he always had off-field s--- (ton of legal problems) and long-term injuries that kept stopping his progress. He still keeps the tradition of old-school out & out wingers alive, which is always cool in my book

Jupp is a brilliant match-day tactician, we won't be getting away with blitzing past a high-line like in the Pep days or structural/shape hiccups like last season. It's usually always Martinez + Thiago (if healthy) and then one of Muller/James/Vidal/Tolisso, depends if he truly does want to use both Robbery in this match. Just think James is more motivated to haunt us after riding the pine with us

Apr 25, 2024
  14. Xmipod

Apr 15, 2018

Mraczewsky and Fire Squad like this.
    Mraczewsky and Fire Squad like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  15. marshmallow

Apr 15, 2018
    Champions and fully deserve it this season, no doubt. Congratulations

Xmipod likes this.
    Xmipod likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  16. Alpha

Alpha

Apr 17, 2018

Zebedee and Guma like this.
    Zebedee and Guma like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  17. Fire Squad

Apr 17, 2018
    It's very on-point, but it's no point discussing any of this any further. Real will never be a purist's favorite, there's very little to no romanticism when the big bad teams always win. Media blows these "robbery" storylines (it creates attention) out of proportions and stain whatever actual footballing merits a team produces (this applies to every major team right now). The irony is that it comes from Juventus & Bayern fans, I don't need to add on more (don't get me started on Barcelona)

I've long come to accept Real Madrid is the evil villain, if thats the case I hope we are the most heartless and despicable entity you can possibly imagine. I hope we continue to shatter more dreams :jordanlaff:

Apr 25, 2024
  18. Xmipod

Apr 17, 2018
    Bought my champions jersey

[​IMG]

Mraczewsky and Guma like this.
    Mraczewsky and Guma like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  19. Fire Squad

Apr 17, 2018
    Congrats! In all my time watching English football, this one will go into the history books as the most dominant title win the Premier League era; the Invincibles, United Treble winners and Mou's Chelsea didn't dominate the way I saw this City did on multiple occasions.

Alpha and Xmipod like this.
    Alpha and Xmipod like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  20. Dread or Alive

Apr 18, 2018
    Injured.

"Uefalona" huh.... Madrid get more pens and the like because they attack more, same with enrique's barca. We also used to concede less pens because defending was done on the halfway line and whenever people bypassed the press they scored. Now we defend deeper.

Apr 25, 2024
Live Thread