Futbol/Soccer Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread

Started by Flacko, Nov 24, 2014, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. Dread or Alive

Dread or Alive Kamikaze should've been released 3 years ago

Jul 18, 2018
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...agree-deal-worth-67m-roma-goalkeeper-allison/

Apr 18, 2024
  2. Fire Squad

Fire Squad Boss Don Biggavel

Jul 18, 2018
    f---, Liverpool have a scary team now that they reinforced their midfield and added some depth up top

Apr 18, 2024
  3. Dread or Alive

Jul 18, 2018
    They don't have any quality attacking depth imo. The dependency they have on Salah may bite them in the a---. City still look the much better team to me.

Apr 18, 2024
  4. Dread or Alive

Jul 19, 2018

f--- the ballon dor lol. Nobody can tell me that messi isn't the goat.

magicobraga likes this.
    magicobraga likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  5. Dread or Alive

Jul 19, 2018
    That's not even messi at his f---ing prime :mjcry:

Apr 18, 2024
  6. Jakey

Jakey You Reckon

Jul 22, 2018
    So Ozil has retired from international football due to racism, saying he was never really accepted as a German.

I had a pretty weird conversation with a German a couple of years ago where Ozil was brought up and they said he is Turkish not German. So I’m not surprised that Ozil feels this way but pretty shocked he retired because of it.

Apr 18, 2024
  7. Jakey

Jakey You Reckon

Jul 23, 2018
    Part 1
    [​IMG]

Part 2
    [​IMG]

Part 3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

@Dread or Alive idk if you read this but I wonder if this changes your perceptive on the French players with African heritage :emoji_wink:

Apr 18, 2024
  8. Dread or Alive

Jul 25, 2018
    I've never had a negative opinion towards the french for this. I thought it was unfortunate that international football is as institutionalized, which means smaller countries will simply never be able to compete. That's all really

Apr 18, 2024
  9. Dread or Alive

Jul 25, 2018
    @SoccerSXN thoughts on the fifa 'best' award nominees?

It's actually quite hard to judge who the best player of last season was.
    • Cr7: topped the CL scoring list again and was imo the player of the tournament but he had the best team in the competition and some of his Madrid teammates did alot better than he did in the world cup. Domesticall
    • Messi: pretty much dominated Spanish football being a few levels above everyone else and is statistically and aesthetically (fun to watch) the best league player of any league this season (just watch him play) but Barca had that shocker against Roma in the CL and 2 assists against france couldn't help his team in the WC as they lost 4-3 (but messi's fault they didn't win amirite).
    • Mbappe: had a solid domestic campaign and is part of a WC winning team, But the french league is trash and he was the least good in the front 3, he was poor in the CL against Madrid and the overall talent of the french team (left out Benzema , Martial etc etc etc) makes him stand out less as a player. Get's hyped alot but i don't think he's even been in the top 3 individual players for last season.
    • Salah: Second best forward player in league play behind messi and had a much better campaign in the CL than the Argentine (fortunately Liverpool don't try to park the bus against f---ing roma). In more ways than one Salah not winning this award is exclusively down to Sergio Ramos being a c----, because his injury also made him helpless in the world cup for a side that's just bad without him.
    • Hazard?: Solid world cup performance, but wasn't really setting the premier league or CL alight and how in the actual f--- did Ngolo Kante not make this list over eden?
    • Antoine Griezmann: in terms of distributed consistency across all comps, this guy would be third best best to KDB and Varane. Problem is that nobody cares about Europa league and his league form hasn't been anywhere near the level of Messi , who just ran riot against everybody. Scored most goals for france though.
    • Kane: Good domestic campaign and fantastic in CL, but was outscored by a winger in Prem and his golden boot in the world cup was deceptive to say the least.
    • KDB : Best distributed consistency across all comps from any player this season. Prem winner, good cl campaign and good run in WC. But then again Hazard has been better in latter stages of WC and Lukaku in the earlier parts was more vital. Salah also outshone him in the Prem and got to a CL final that 3 of the listed Madrid players won.
    • Varane: This one is quite unfortunate. Because based on the criteria that won cr7 the last 2 of these awards. Varane should be the winner hands down without much competition but realistically he might end up with the least votes just because he's a defender. Anyone who watches Madrid knows that they can get s--- on by any team when Varane's not playing. Madrid won the CL with Varane being the best defender in the tournament. He won the WC being the linchpin of their back 4 and was easily the best defender of the tournament. He didn't do as well domestically but that's more to do with other members of Madrid being poor. As a totally biased messi supporter who "doesn't watch football" , Varane not winning this award would just prove that this is for best PR and not really best performance or even most success.
    • Modric: Not very good domestically and seemed to struggle with fitness issues for a good portion of the season. But had a pretty awesome WC campaign even though i think Rakitic being a controller and slotting home 2 winning pens was the most consistent performer for Croatia, but he won the golden ball and he won the CL. I thought he deserved it last year, so if he get's it this time around it wouldn't be the end of the world.
    my top 3 would be :

1.Varane
    2.Modric
    3.Salah
    4. Messi or Ronaldo

But in reality it's probably gonna be cr7 winning it cause pr7

Apr 18, 2024
  10. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

Jul 25, 2018
    Real won champions league, Ronaldo was his typical goal poacher self. Not to mention 4 goals in WC. He’s winning it. No reason to debate.

Apr 18, 2024
  11. Jakey

Jakey You Reckon

Jul 25, 2018
    Yeah the only one I'd vote from Chelsea was Kante, but i'd say he's not quite up to Messi/Ronaldo/Salah

Chigzzer likes this.
    Chigzzer likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  12. marshmallow

Aug 1, 2018

:allears:

Apr 18, 2024
  13. Jakey

Jakey You Reckon

Aug 3, 2018
    Callum Hudson-Odoi....... remember that name.

Do D likes this.
    Do D likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  14. Dread or Alive

Aug 9, 2018
    so wtf @SoccerSXN no f---ing fantasy?

Apr 18, 2024
  15. BIGFOOT

BIGFOOT More than a myth!

Aug 9, 2018
    Our transfer window has been absolutely abysmal lol

Fred, Dalot and a f---ing reserve gk from Stoke smh

Apr 18, 2024
  16. Dread or Alive

Aug 10, 2018
    Barca sold Paulinho for 50 mil, Sold digne (to everton), Sold Aleix Vidal, Sold Mina (to everton with 20 mil profit) loaned out douglas for his final season and loaned out Andre Gomes (to Everton).

We then signed Lenglet, Arthur, Malcom and Arturo Vidal, and returned Rafinha and Munir from loan.

this is probably the best transfer window barca has had since i've started watching football.

Xmipod likes this.
    Xmipod likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  17. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Aug 12, 2018

Apr 18, 2024
  18. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

Aug 16, 2018
    Anyone know of a good site to stream la liga games? @SoccerSXN Comcast dropped Bein Sports so now I gotta look else where to find Barca games.

Jakey likes this.
    Jakey likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  19. Flacko

Flacko Too Blessed To Be Humble

Aug 16, 2018
    Yo I was at the Nou Camp yesterday. Atmosphere was electric. Blessed to have witnessed a Messi Masterclass.
    [​IMG]

Also try R/SoccerStreams

Fire Squad, Enigma and Jakey like this.
    Fire Squad, Enigma and Jakey like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  20. Jakey

Jakey You Reckon

Aug 16, 2018
    Booked my Europe trip the other week. Will be attending Berlin v Munich... cant wait!!

Fire Squad likes this.
    Fire Squad likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
Live Thread