Futbol/Soccer Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread

Started by Flacko, Nov 24, 2014, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. Jakey

Jakey You Reckon

Sep 13, 2020
    imo I think Liverpool are in for a stinker this season. Not improving their squad worked for them last season but I feel like they're gonna lack hunger now. Defending the Premier League has been extremely dificult in the last decade (or maybe its just a chelsea thing)

Ordinary Joel and aleeex1923 like this.
    Ordinary Joel and aleeex1923 like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  2. Fire Squad

Fire Squad Boss Don Biggavel

Sep 13, 2020
    I'd attribute the wear & tear of Klopp's system already taking place in some players, it's happened at Dortmund where the high demand of pressing and moving eventually drained the squad. They haven't replenished well either, who knows if some of their bench players either take a leap of quality or they remain passengers as the starters gets run to the ground. They still boast arguably the best front 3 in the league and TAA is a playmaking machine (although we saw that Leeds exploited his flank mercilessly in that last game)

I'll start making predictions when November pulls around and we see how each team acclimatizes to this bizarre start. BUT.....I loved Chelsea's recruitments and Arteta brought steel to Arsenal, those two words were mutually exclusive for more than a decade. Pep is still at City cool, Idk what Solksjaer is doing and Sancho is still a question mark, doubt Wolves can replicate their iron-clad form from last season, Leicester will break in half in the final stretch since that's what Rodger's teams do, hope Sheffield & Leeds can sneak into the top half, Newcastle is interesting but they beat a team that likely will go down to the Championship...

We can already write off Tottenham after today, what a painful sight it is to see a Mourinho side these days. No shooting, All getting subbed at half, stagnant & reactive football, it hurts since Mou was my biggest inspiration in taking up Tactics/Analysis. James gonna k--- it, looked motivated and hungry to impress, hoping Don Carlo can take them far!

Apr 23, 2024
  3. Alpha

Alpha

Sep 13, 2020
    Everton will be a serious threat this season. James was bossing the midfield in the game against Spurs. Really excited to see how far Everton can go this season.

That French clasico went nuts and out of hand. 5 red cards in the 96th minute after a brawl broke out. Neymar got sent off as he was seen having verbal clashes throughout the game with Marseilles's defender Alvaro for calling him a monkey. The cameras caught Neymar calling him racist more than ones, till he Punched him in the back of his head during the brawl. Crazy ending.

Jakey, Ordinary Joel and Fire Squad like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  4. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

Sep 13, 2020
    :mjcry:

Doubt I'll ever get to watch a game when it's live then smh

BIGFOOT and Jakey like this.
    BIGFOOT and Jakey like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  5. aleeex1923

Sep 13, 2020
    What a pathetic loser Neymar is lol, I hope he gets banned for at least 10 games.
    Never liked him, he has talent but doesn't seem to have the right attitude to be at the same level with Messi and Ronaldo.

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  6. Fire Squad

Sep 13, 2020
    That stupid Peacock deal from NBC sucks too, had to wait for the replay of Spurs-Everton to even see what happened :noah:

Have a feeling a lot of the top fixtures are gonna be on there smh. But for the rest of us, here's a great site to watch the full replays: https://www.footballorgin.com

Apr 23, 2024
  7. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

Sep 13, 2020
    Doing the lord's work as always :wiggins:

BIGFOOT, aleeex1923 and Fire Squad like this.
    BIGFOOT, aleeex1923 and Fire Squad like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  8. aleeex1923

Sep 15, 2020
    d--- what a shocker in Greece

[​IMG]

Ordinary Joel and Fire Squad like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  9. Fire Squad

Sep 15, 2020
    Embarrassing, this is the strongest squad they've had in years and Benfica still finds a way to make their fans feel miserable. Gonna troll my Benfica friends all day, my boy Tecatito Corona gonna lead Porto to another Primeira title :banderas:

@Jakey ignore what those moronic pundits say about Chelsea's performance, there were some good signs and for me the most important aspect was seeing a semblance of attacking impetus. Werner was, to one's surprise, very lively and we already see hints of his ridiculous mobility: peeling off defenders, running into space + attacking the channels, he's a weapon and once the team figures out his routes he'll be getting through on goal more than anyone else in the league. King Kai was more subdued but he's still a developing player and his roles hasn't been defined yet, let's have this convo 2 years from now if anything. Need to see more from RLC and the rest of the midfield though, Lampard's obsession with stuffing in as many attacking players will work in some cases, other times it just won't.

Apr 23, 2024
  10. Jakey

Jakey You Reckon

Sep 16, 2020
    Yeah Werner looked great. Didnt get a goal but he won a penalty (against fellow Aussie Maty Ryan :emoji_slight_frown:) and he's shown just how intelligent he is with his positioning. Great signs ahead!

Testing Kai and Mount on the wings, I think Lampard desperately wants to play both of them at the same time, but ultimately they're gonna have to fight for a central position in the 4-2-3-1 formation. Although I hope he can remake the legenday Ballack - Essien - Lampard midfield with Havertz - Kante - Mount.

Apr 23, 2024
  11. Alpha

Alpha

Sep 16, 2020
    @Fire Squad Thoughts on Reguilon & Bale to Spurs?

Also rumor going around Houssem Aouar could join Arsenal.

Mbappe announced he is not renewing...do you think Real Madrid should aim to reach an official agreement with him in the second half of this season or by the end of it to secure the deal?

Apr 23, 2024
  12. Alpha

Alpha

Sep 16, 2020

Guma, Ordinary Joel, Jakey and 2 others like this.
    Guma, Ordinary Joel, Jakey and 2 others like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  13. Fire Squad

Sep 16, 2020
    Apparently we might have a buy back clause on Regui, maybe down the line he could come back to compete for a starting position once Marcelo retires. La Fabrica has been incredible at producing fullbacks in these last couple of years, Miguel Gutierrez is another one we got currently that might end up being very good too!

Aouar would be huge for Arsenal or whatever team he lands, he's extremely identical to young Luka Modric's game: invaluably press-resistant in deep positions, decent passing range and has room for improvement on his relatively weak defense. Might not be the high-volume passer Arsenal needs but in Arteta's more defensive system he'd be stellar against teams that try to pin them back and then dribbling out + progressing the ball to Auba+Laca on the break.

Hoping Mbappe isn't trying to use our name for another lucrative contract from PSG, I've seen this move before. If it's true, we're building nicely towards it by offloading a few players here and especially losing James & Bale's wages to free up a lot of space for a huge summer. Considering we've been great at generating expected goals (which will go drastically up if we manage Odegaard correctly) and have needed a goalscorer, he's ideally perfect for our system whether out wide or as our #9. I know Perez doesn't want to mess with the Qatari's at Paris and wants to do this as low-key as possible, so we won't see action till next summer, the ball's on Mbappe's court if he wants to make the move really.

Ordinary Joel and Alpha like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  14. Alpha

Alpha

Sep 16, 2020
    Really looking forward to see Ode do wonders to our team. Him dishing out through passes for a speedy winger runs such as Vini :banderas:.
    Everyone knows Mbappe is destined for Real Madrid...only thing remains for it to be a reality.

Apr 23, 2024
  15. Fire Squad

Sep 16, 2020
    So excited to see him play, he's everything we desperately needed to transform our offense. The plus side is he's improved his work-rate tremendously since he was in Vitesse, Zidane will love how he presses effectively and then unleashes a runner on transition.

Let's cross our fingers, if not, I'm positive our youngsters will reach something close to Mbappe's level. Kubo, Vini, Brahim, Rodrygo...we just need to cultivate a stable environment for them to grow where they gradually learn to deal with external pressures and without sacrificing a winning formula.

Apr 23, 2024
  16. aleeex1923

Sep 16, 2020
    Here there are the results from today's champions league qualifiers
    Two shockers in my opinion Midtjylland beating Young Boys but it seems that they continue the great run from last year when they won the Danish League in front of Fc Copenhaga and Omonia Nicosia beating Red Star Belgrade.
    Nice surprise from the hungarian team that has won 31 leagues and after eliminating Celtic in the previous round they qualified against Dinamo Zagreb.

[​IMG]

So here are the play off games, that will be played on 22.09 and 29.09 in two legs. Every team that manages to qualify out of these matches goes straight in the groups.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    Ordinary Joel, Fire Squad and Alpha like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  17. BIGFOOT

BIGFOOT More than a myth!

Sep 17, 2020
    Can’t wait to see another Jose Mourinho meltdown, shame it’s going to be for Spurs though... why couldn’t it be Arsenal smh.

Apr 23, 2024
  18. Detroit24

Sep 17, 2020

Apr 23, 2024
  19. Mikey

Sep 17, 2020
    great signing.
    Probably the best central midfield player in Europe.
    De Bruyne more of attacking midfielder

Ordinary Joel and Detroit24 like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Detroit24 like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  20. BIGFOOT

BIGFOOT More than a myth!

Sep 17, 2020
    If that’s the case he would definitely cost more than 20 million

aleeex1923 and Ordinary Joel like this.
    aleeex1923 and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
Live Thread