Sep 17, 2020
    Not gonna lie I’m unhappy we didn’t get him

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  3. Fire Squad

Fire Squad Boss Don Biggavel

Sep 17, 2020
    This reminds me when we snatched Kroos from them, both are steals in this ultra inflated market. For Liverpool, you guys get one of the premier high-volume passers in the world, inventive on the ball and without much of a drawback on defense. He’ll give that midfield an injection of creativity and more flexibility as he can operate effectively as a pivot or higher up as an 8.

@BIGFOOT United seriously needs an assertive midfield pivot that could cover ground and allow Bruno, Pogba, Van De Beek assurance to roam. Not that Matic is a slouch, but he’s at that late stage of his career where attacking mids & other aggressive 8’s will be a step faster in some cases. Kinda like what Fabinho/Rodri do in Liverpool/City respectively, although I still like the idea of “haha f--- defense, let’s get Sancho and go brrrr”

Ordinary Joel and BIGFOOT like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  4. BIGFOOT

BIGFOOT More than a myth!

Sep 17, 2020
    Our squad depth is very average and it’s obvious that we’re going to struggle if no more signings are made... honestly I could pinpoint multiple areas that needs addressing. Luke Shaw is crazy injury prone, Williams is not good enough as a replacement especially for a team that has Champions League football lol... sad to say but it’s a complete joke.

Glazers need to get out before it’s too late.

Ordinary Joel and Fire Squad like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  5. Fire Squad

Sep 17, 2020
    What pisses me off is the fact the conditions are there for United to become a legitimate elite team (Tbh I do consider the squad as elite, there’s a good core) but poor management & squad building continuously inhibits you guys every year. Woodward is an embarrassment of a director, such horrendous decision making from his part alone. Worst part is as long as United continues to be the money-making spectacle that you’ve always been, those Glazers will never leave.

Apr 20, 2024
  6. BIGFOOT

Sep 17, 2020
    Nothing but facts

Honestly I can’t see them leaving for a long time yet smh... I feel bad for Ole.

Apr 20, 2024
  7. aleeex1923

Sep 18, 2020
    d--- what a cross by Lewa and Bayern has 7-0 against Schalke with 20 minutes left

Apr 20, 2024
  8. Fire Squad

Sep 18, 2020
    @Michael Myers come get your Bundesliga team, they got beheaded on public television :hov3:

Apr 20, 2024
  9. Alpha

Alpha

Sep 18, 2020
    Bayer can never win with a small margin, can they? :wayne:

Apr 20, 2024
  10. Fire Squad

Sep 20, 2020
    So here's a recap of today:

- Arsenal left it to late to defeat a very defensive West Ham. I have no idea how much longer Arsenal can keep up this effectivity with as little shots, but today indicates a few things: they can afford it with their snipers Auba+Laca up top & West Ham played entirely with the intention to disrupt Arsenal's strategy with a 5-man defense. Arsenal could seriously use some imagination in that midfield for sure, idk how long Saka + Willian/Pepe could compensate creating from wide. Props to Arteta and I think they'll be the toughest team for title contention teams with the tactical headaches they will induce.

- Ole is gonna be feeling the pressure already. Crystal Palace had the better expected goal average on the day, United should seriously be concerned if the defense has days like today frequently. It's more than just individual errors (which happened untimely on that first goal c'mon Shaw), it's a lack of coordinated movement to patch up zones and ball progression that no longer can mask what Matic used to do, this is down once again to Solksjaer. Sidenote but I want Crystal Palace to play Eze & Zaha every game, please, they'll be a permanent fixture on the F0otbAll SkIllzzz 2020 compz

- Everton with another intriguing display. Sloppy & incoherent (hallmarks of Ancelotti's league teams) in stretches but the talent of James & the midfield pulled through. Granted this was against another relegation bound team but they've been producing some great vertical/direct football, which they can afford against opposition like WBA.

- LEEDS!!! God they're gonna be a rollercoaster every weekend, chaotic defending and sublime attacking sequences all in one. Bielsa gonna be smashing his head through his monitors as he looks back at tape footage one of these days with the amount of silly mistakes in the back, at least he'll be pleased that his micro tactics and player targeting has been so effective thus far. Keeping my eye on Harrison, Klich & Phillips as they've been fantastic in these games thus far.

- REYNA. GIO. That is all. Oh and Haaland scored a double, cool.

Jakey, aleeex1923, BIGFOOT and 2 others like this.
    Jakey, aleeex1923, BIGFOOT and 2 others like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  11. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

Sep 20, 2020
    s--- is a rollercoaster :wow2:

Bamford's assist from the wing was exhilarating!

Apr 20, 2024
  12. BIGFOOT

Sep 20, 2020
    f---ing Lindelof absolute disgrace of a performance, and wtf was going on with the referee? He has always hated United that penalty was NOT a penalty and the retake decision was also a disgrace.

The number one issue is centre back it’s always been that, Sancho is not a must buy, a cb is. Our central midfield issue is number 2, absolutely nothing was flowing yesterday... the players looked nowhere near match fit.

Apr 20, 2024
  13. aleeex1923

Sep 20, 2020
    Amazing striker, too bad injuries kept him off the pitch, but everytime he came back he played amazing. Great signing for As Roma imo.
    [​IMG]

Bale returns to Tottenham.

[​IMG]

And Leicester got their hands on one of the most talented young players out there. Believe me if he adapts to the Premier League this kid will be a beast. It is a one season loan deal but the foxes have the option of a permanent transfer.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    Apr 20, 2024
  14. Fire Squad

Sep 21, 2020
    Recap of yesterday 9/20:

- Rough result for the Blues, stamp of authority by the Reds. I've seen a lot of abuse being hurled at Mason Mount, parts of it warranted and other parts are pure toxicity. He's never going to be a KDB, but he brings a lot of energy and workrate that will come in handy in certain scenarios. Poor Kepa, every mistake is only going to get magnified more and more. I mentioned this about King Kai earlier on this board, he's just not meant to be a wide player, once Pulisic comes back hoping he gets sent into the hole behind Werner to optimize his abilities, otherwise impatience will begin to amount. As for Liverpool, champion's statement from them, they're still the team to beat and the addition of Thiago will be huge as his cameo showed everything he's capable of.

- Tottenham's entire offensive plan will essentially live and die with Son's fitness. He's the only one that makes things happen with Kane, I have no idea what version of Bale will we see there. Hope he does well though, but good result for the Spurs to bounce back from after last weeks miserable display. Also LOL at Newcastle for getting smacked by Brighton, that big money project is gonna be an adventure to follow this season.

- Serie A will be very good, I can just feel it. Pirlo is going the Conte route with that same 352 formation, hoping to maximize his midfield runners and get CR7 & eventually Dybala as close to the opposition's backline as possible. Idk if they have the wingbacks to get the best out of it, but I'm rooting for Weston McKennie's gradual progression there, hope he converts himself as an outstanding midfielder. Napoli also had a great start, some fantastic attacking movements and rapid ball triangulation. My boy Chucky Lozano looked lively and was involved in both goals, hoping this will be the season he cements himself as a major player in the league! Shoutout to Victor Osmihen, that guy looks like a seriously dangerous striker, Eto'o's movement but with Weah's strength and skillset at a first glance.

- @Alpha rough start from us, I know the mob with their pitchforks are already ready to burn us to the stake, but I saw some positivities in out performance vs La Real. Odegaard had a ton of lovely touches, take this from a fellow #10; it will take a few grinds before you learn everyone's movements & preferences, yet anytime he spearheaded a break he was dangerous and his vertical passing + one-twos are nothing short of perfection. Our Brazilians will need time, I can't reiterate this enough. There will be growing pains but the wait will be worth it, these games are learning experiences, although its worth mentioning that I believe Rodrygo is better on the left as well and hopefully Asensio rediscovers his greatness on the right, this would be the ideal scenario but we'll see. Zizou def needs to trust Valverde in right off the bat, I love Modric dearly but it's time to pass the baton, we need energy and movement in the middle. Betis will be fun, Manuel Pellegrini has got them off to a good start and we'll get a much more open game for our offense to truly test themselves.

Jakey, Alpha, Ordinary Joel and 2 others like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  15. Alpha

Alpha

Sep 22, 2020
    Yessir. It was not a bad game, however the problem continues... we lack a lethal striker/finisher. I was not really upset with the draw. I didn't get some of Zidane's changes though when he subbed on the two young players. I don't know what's going to be the deal with Jovic. I got the feeling that there was some friendly-match approach to this match and a chance to test things.

Apr 20, 2024
  16. Jakey

Jakey You Reckon

Sep 22, 2020
    Love to see Patty doing well. I remember him being a young bloke at Chelsea with quite a lot of potential. Always tore up the Championship, great to see him in the Premier League!

Apr 20, 2024
  17. Jakey

Jakey You Reckon

Sep 22, 2020
    Yep, Thiago has pretty much changed the dynamic of how I viewed Liverpool going this season. He's gonna be huge.

Ordinary Joel, Fire Squad and Alpha like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  18. aleeex1923

Sep 24, 2020
    Bayern defeated Sevilla 2-1 today after Lucas Ocampos scored first for the spanish team from penalty kick 13 minutes after the start and Goretzka equalised 20 minutes later. After 90 minutes of play the score was 1-1 and the game went into extra time where Javi Martinez scored(104') to complete a quadruple this year for Bayern Munchen.

Also it was the first European game played with fans in the stands since the Covid-19 pandemic. There were around 3.000 fans

[​IMG]

Alpha, Ordinary Joel and Fire Squad like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  19. The Real Slim Shady

Sep 25, 2020
    Messi is done with this club and how they handle things lol that translation.

Apr 20, 2024
  20. aleeex1923

Sep 26, 2020
    What is happening with Chelsea? I don't understand. So many errors they can barely pass the ball twice without losing it. Their style of play looks like a complete mess.
    West Bromwich leads 3-0 and it's only the 30th minute.

FT : WBA 3-3 Chelsea but still Chelsea didn't look good even if they managed to come back, it was mostly because West Bromwich tried to play defensive not because the blues improved their game.
    Also It hurts me to see Werner lose every ball and struggle like this, I'm a big fan, hope he can find his rhythm

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    Apr 20, 2024
Live Thread