Best Posts in Forum: Future

1. HowHigh

HowHigh Can we get much higher?

Feb 21, 2017
    you future stans always eating smh

paulye, Groovy Tony, SliK and 14 others like this.
    paulye, Groovy Tony, SliK and 14 others like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  2. theg

theg got that pma

Feb 27, 2017
    Threadly reminder to stop paying attention to Fantano.

Apr 25, 2024
  3. Fyx

Fyx SO SO SOON

Feb 24, 2017
    I mean.... WHY NOT LET'S DO IT

pluto✰, Oldboy, Simon023 and 14 others like this.
    pluto✰, Oldboy, Simon023 and 14 others like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  4. Chad Warden

Chad Warden As Ballin As Possible

Jan 16, 2016
    Kid Cudi legitimately does drugs, try SBTH.

Apr 25, 2024
  5. SWERVO

SWERVO big cuntry's alias

Feb 24, 2017
    This man about to his us with a 3 peat over the course of 3 weeks. This could be false but god d--- if it isn't.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thereco...xx-mixtape-culture-infiltrates-music-industry

Simon023, Ape, dester23 and 14 others like this.
    Simon023, Ape, dester23 and 14 others like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  6. SWERVO

May 24, 2016
    121165390431.jpg

Tracklist

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I put together tracks that Future has featured on. This is the first edition as I will most likely make another one considering I did not get all of them in this one.

Enjoy, @FutureHive.

Apr 25, 2024
  7. Charlie Work

Charlie Work Level 5 Goblin

Aug 13, 2015
    MOD EDIT: plz tag @DKC in this thread if you are looking for a copy of the album

He's the cousin of Rico Wade of Organized Noize, a Dungeon Family (Outkast, Goodie Mob etc) affiliate. Future talks about coming up with Dungeon Family in this interview. They called him the future back then so he took the name. Organized Noize actually produced Benz Friendz, that's how he got the Andre feature. You can hear the 3 Stacks influence on these tracks.

If anyone can find the album "Dungeon Family presents "Da" Connect" aka "Rico Wade presents "Da" Connect" post it.
    I found a guy on TheColi who might have it but registration might take 3 days to message him.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2021
    Apr 25, 2024
  8. SWERVO

Jul 11, 2015
    Future Starter Kit
    Me and @The Product are gonna do this together. The purpose of this thread is to introduce songs to people who are interested in Future, but don't know where to start. We're going to post these songs as replies so that the OP isn't cluttered. We'll post them with the YT video so that it is easy for people who want to listen to just go through and click.

PLEASE DONT POST IN HERE UNTIL ALL TRACKS ARE POSTED

Tracks
    1. f--- Up Some Commas
    2. Never Gon Lose
    3. News or Something
    4. Codeine Crazy
    5. Neva End
    6. Honest
    7. Turn On the Lights
    8. Gangland
    9. Just Like Bruddas
    10. March Madness

Download Link
    http://dopefile.pk/8pjwnoa94tmo

Thank The Product for uploading these 10 tracks.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    Apr 25, 2024
  9. Mike Tyson

Mike Tyson big cuntry's alias

Feb 26, 2017
    Three rings on my left, I feel like King James

:weebey:

Apr 25, 2024
  10. Mike Tyson

Mar 3, 2017
    bro i stopping reading 1 sentence in. "men who believe emotional torture is essential to masculinity"

get a hurting female to write the review and this is what happens. f--- off

that's like me subclassing all female beyonce fans right from the top of a review.

"Dudes who lived vicariously through him dredged up all sorts of relationship trauma in order to wail alongside him, once more with feeling."

who hurt you? shut the f--- up you dumb b----

Apr 25, 2024
  11. SWERVO

May 4, 2016
    9. Covered N Money

I was instantly blown away when I heard this. I probably replayed it 100 times as well. This is Hendrix flexing at his finest. The way he opened up the first verse is some of his best work yet, "9mm my brother my keeper/Was serving that ether before I did features/My mamacita she know how to greet me/She know how to keep me she better not get greedy." Also, shoutout to the boy Vince Staples for the way he sampled this on Senorita. He could not have done that any better.

The production coming from Sonny Digital in a trap/edm induced beat followed by hard hitting snares reminiscent of YC's Racks (which Future also features on) is perfect. It works perfect for Future and the electricity he brings to the track. here is to hoping he can hop on more production such as this in 2016.

You holding a grudge, I'm holding them slugs
    I'm full of them drugs, it's all in my mug

@FutureHive

Apr 25, 2024
  12. Mike Tyson

Jan 24, 2017

3 exotic broads and I got 'em soakin' panties
    Told 'em they were certified, welcome to the xanny family
    Wow, wow (welcome to the family baby)
    Wow, wow
    3 exotic broads and I got 'em soakin' panties
    Told 'em they were certified, welcome to the xanny family
    Whoa, whoa
    Whoa, whoa

Chazi, DKC, Cunner and 13 others like this.
    Chazi, DKC, Cunner and 13 others like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  13. Narsh

Jan 26, 2016
    https://pelicanflyblog.wordpress.co...n-executive-produced-by-dj-esco-metro-boomin/

mythoughts: Future – Purple Reign (Executive Produced By DJ Esco & Metro Boomin)

Posted on4 Minutes Ago by narsh94

[​IMG]

This time last year, Future had just let go of one of his most deliberate tapes to date. Beast Mode was a fiercely delicate album with an ethereal aura and a codeine-coated heart. The OG Dirty Sprite and the coveted-Astronaut Status were also gifted to us regular civilians during this prestigious month, in 2011 and 2012 respectively. Meaning, Future has been leaving splashes of pink promethazine all along his path from pop star to monster™. He’s been etching “FBG” into the tree bark on his recent pilgrimage, hoping we notice. But we’re scandalous heathens only interested in finding out where he’s headed, and not in enjoying the moment. All this to say, Purple Reign probably means more to Future than it does to us. And that’s okay.

It’s okay if Purple Reign isn’t as good as Dirty Sprite 2, or if it feels like more of the same. It’s okay if he flew too close to the suffocatingly hot sun and ended up having to amuse Drake for a week. #ItNeverHappened. It was the illuminati. And it’s okay because Future’s now back to give us what we need, even if it’s not what we want (to quote another messiah). In this case, it turns out to be a stimulus package. A return to form of sorts.

This tape comes out of a period of assumed celebration that was inducted by the “victory lap” What a Time to Be Alive. But in the public forum, people wavered instead of riding the WATTBA wave, and on the personal front, Jewish lawyers became a thing of reality and not rhymes because Future Jr. still isn’t free.

Before Beast Mode dropped, Future had just dropped his best project to date. Monster was a savage rebuke to the Tinseltown anchor he had just shed. Therefore, Beast Mode — although coming at a time of great internal strife (some of which understandably leaked into the tape) — was allowed to be a celebration. Purple Reign isn’t allowed the same luxury. There are still moments of celebration but they’re dark and saturated with dissonance. “I’m drippin’ on em baby, how u luv that” sounds as depressive as it does menacing. But more in an “I hate it had to come to this” sort of way than anything else. He’s not afraid to be confrontational — he’s already got your main b---- on the side like…

It's as if he's choking up on the thought of "toastin' up" in spite of her, trying his best to convince himself that it's what he deserves, and eventually accepting that premise and falling in love with his new "girlfriend." Whether or not his drug addictions are “real,” which I feel silly for addressing in the first place, the music is very visceral and very captivating. Future’s narrative often verges on the brink of a modern day Greek tragedy. Especially when we get a “Codeine Crazy” or, this time around, the title track “Purple Reign,” out of him. Future went from a romantic, with his fiancee in his arms under the moonlight rain, to a cynic with a bottle of xans mixed with, presumably, cyanide pills, standing alone under the flashing storm of a purple downpour. This tape is the epitome of "I choose the dirty of over you."

He’s trying to take his victory lap but, but his addictions keep crippling his run. He guilt keeps weighing him down. And clearcut conflicts like this are what continue to paint Future’s narrative in different shades of the same color, freshening up a dulling landscape. His festering guilt versus his open exuberance, the cynic versus the romantic, his addiction versus his enlightenment. They all consistently fight for their place in Future’s world. The former, in all cases, just so happen to be the victors on this tape.

He’s served his auntiea hit, but he’s “thankin’ God today that she don’t smoke it no more.” He missed another aunt’s funeral, and he just hopes she’ll forgive him.He’s slowly coming to terms with his past, while his future (our present) is ripping at the seams. He’s gonna hit an island “like Gilligan,” and he’s drippin’ on every Instagram model you can think of while fronting them obnoxious amounts of xannies for “no charge,” but is still writing oddly perverse odes to his styrofoam cups. He wants to be free but masochistically keeps him self shackled, and it’s got him “actin’ like a Freeband g--- Terrorist.”

If anyone doubts the direction of this tape, just keep in mind that recently Future has apparently shot the DeLorean so far into the past that he’s actually coming back around to the future, and can be seen in interviews talking about already living in 2017. He knows they want to see him “make the wrong move, bite the bullet,” and he knows just what he needs to do to prove them wrong. Meaning, he knows what Purple Reign needs to be.

This tape needs to be a testament to his arsenal, but still needs to start shaping the new (hoverboard) wheel (even if it doesn’t reinvent it). It needs to double down on his turmoil and his narrative, not his fictional victory laps. Because there’s still work to be done — people still think Drake is a good rapper and he lacks lyricism. It needs to be an invitation to join his 2016 run before he swerves off with the bright lights shinin’ all bright on the Bentley. Before you miss out again.

And that’s just what Purple Reign is. Underneath all the guards it puts up, there’s still new depth to be found and new sounds to be heard. And it’s all pretty “wicked (way oh way oh way oh way).”

Notable Tracks: Drippin’ (How U Luv That), Inside the Mattress, Perkys Calling.

Honorable Mentions: Never Forget, Purple Reign

Rating: Strong Fire Marshall Future to a light Super Future.

[​IMG]

———————————————————————-

The only scope in which Purple Reign is a failure is through the fisheye Young Thug probably sees the world through. Young Thug is the only one in Atlanta giving Future a run for his money. Made dramatic by the world’s most heartbreaking twitter feud, during which Future took some strays as well (Tito? ouch), there is most definitely an unspoken exchange of blows taking place between these two titans. Unspoken maybe because it’s an imaginary feud in my head. But still. Maybe it didn’t exist when Future kicked off his run with the holy trinity, and Thug was limping by with Barter 6‘s controversial rollout. But something definitely must have festered by the time Slime Season 1 rolled around. However, Future was still firmly in the lead in this hypothetical boxing-match-turned-footrace I concocted in my head. Then WATTBA (never) happened. Future got too showy. And then Slime Season 2 dropped, and things got spooky.

[​IMG]

And now, with Slime Season 3 coming so so soon, Purple Reign could be in the dangerous position of getting gobsmacked and lapped. Except there’s still Beast Mode 2…and Monster 2….and…Ape Sh!T.

And Hy!£UN35. Or MetroBoomin’. Or MetroThuggin?

There’s no end in sight…

And, holy s--- — I just realized Kanye, the well-to-do, well-intentioned, father of two, has no f---ing idea he’s just step down into a civil war in the trenches. I hope he’s in it for the long haul.

#PrayForYeezus

-Narsimha Chintaluri (@Narshh)

------------------

sat down to do a track by track review, ended up with this 3 hours later.

@FutureHive

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    Pablo, FlawlessT, Meero and 13 others like this.
    Pablo, FlawlessT, Meero and 13 others like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  14. SWERVO

May 6, 2016
    4. March Madness

Where do I start with this song? This is the best song off of 56 Nights and one of Future's best songs to date. It is a blessing to have as a fan. March Madness is an anthem, it's compelling, and it is empowering. I hate that I am even putting this at number four because this is one of the best rap songs ever. The spacey production coming from Tarentino is amazing, especially since according to Tarentino himself, made the track in 20 minutes.

March Madness is not just another big Future hit. There is a social message behind it. Police brutality has been one of the hot topics in the past few years and Future touched on that subject with this song. It's been played at a Bernie Sanders rally as they talked about the issues this song touches on, some have even came out to say that it is the new Black National Anthem.

Over the hook, Future menacingly spits out, "These f---in' police can't touch me/These bogus police can't touch me," as his way of saying that he is going to keep moving no matter the circumstance. Although he goes on to rap about his way of life, it all comes back to that line again. From, "All these cops shooting n----s, tragic," to right then saying, "I'm the one thats living lavish," it is clear cut that even though he is living life how he wants, he is still affected by those who have been killed and the many senseless killings and brutality we have all seen here in America.

@FutureHive

Apr 25, 2024
  15. Partyboy

Partyboy I'LL BE LOOKING THROUGH YOUR EYES

Jun 24, 2016
    Future stans eating hard as usual

[​IMG]

shahidah, Skippy, DKC and 12 others like this.
    shahidah, Skippy, DKC and 12 others like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  16. DKC

DKC hank trill

Feb 24, 2017
    I GOT THREEEEEE VERSIONS

Yoda777, Poohdini, pluto✰ and 12 others like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  17. SWERVO

May 5, 2016
    8. Blood, Sweat, Tears

This may come as a surprise to most of you, or at least I would assume so. This is as celebratory as it gets and I absolutely love it. The illustration Future draws for us on what it took for him to be in the place he is at now could not have been placed in a better spot on Honest. It was the final track on the album where we were able to witness Future being as retrospective as ever.

The whole song is Future realizing he has finally made it and a big f--- you to the ones who doubted him. He raps about having to deal with the ones who doubted him now wanting a piece of what he has, "You know what I came through to be here/Everybody want a piece of me/Everybody wants a piece of fame."

Perhaps the most polarizing line in the entire song comes during the beginning of the third verse. After singing about everything he had to go to, he comes into the third verse with, "All I ever wanted for you was to believe in me," a line that really cuts deep, not just because of the line itself but because of the way he delivers it.

@FutureHive

#7 coming soon.

Apr 25, 2024
  18. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Feb 14, 2017
    Seriously though love it when an album is announced and gets released within a few days instead of 'album coming in 3 months'

Bojack, mow, Ordinary Joel and 12 others like this.
    Bojack, mow, Ordinary Joel and 12 others like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  19. Nav Bhatia

Nav Bhatia Bitch, be humble

Oct 24, 2016
    d---. these hoes aint loyal. Drake gotta make a song for pippen one time.

Apr 25, 2024
  20. Mike Tyson

Jan 16, 2016
    future been influencing my life decisions b I'm pretty distraught

i guess i should end my quest to find a sidebitch willing to kiss my baby mama :emoji_slight_frown:

Meero, Goku, Ordinary Joel and 12 others like this.
    Meero, Goku, Ordinary Joel and 12 others like this.
    Apr 25, 2024