2. marshmallow

Apr 29, 2019
    The only good thing about this episode is the music

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  3. eddie

Apr 29, 2019
    You still gonna watch the last three so ... lol

Some people will never be happy with anything haha!

Sav Stanfield likes this.
    Sav Stanfield likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  4. Sav Stanfield

Apr 29, 2019
    what... how is anyone disappointed by this episode? that was f---ing insane! Possibly the peak of the entire show

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    Mar 28, 2024
  5. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Apr 29, 2019
    you have to be a real hipster to not like that episode

JFK likes this.
    JFK likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  6. marshmallow

Apr 29, 2019
    I’ll assume you watch the show just for dragons, Daenerys and Starks

Mothrfckr and joeyp363 like this.
    Mothrfckr and joeyp363 like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  7. Buddha

Apr 29, 2019
    That episode was amazing. High intensity the whole time. The 90 minute runtime flew by faster than any movie I’ve ever seen.

Having said that, there were a few things that really bugged me. I won’t mention two of them since they contain spoilers but the 3rd thing that bugged me was how dark the episode was. It was really hard to see what was going on. But other than these few complaints, the episode was amazing. It was really well done. Bravo hbo.

eddie and JEB like this.
    eddie and JEB like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  8. DKC

DKC hank trill

Apr 29, 2019
    Entertaining ep but I have a lot of issues with it. I'm gonna rewatch it though cuz I had a roommate blabbering thru part of it which took me out of it.

It had great pacing and some great moments (like all the arya s--- and the hound getting over his fear of fire to save her, Lyanna murking the giant, etc)...but we have eight seasons of "this is about more than just humans squabbling over petty bs when they need to band together to face the greater evil" and then the greater evil finally gets through the wall and they defeat it in one episode? lol. Ended the same as every GOT battle episode with a last second deus ex machina (stannis coming to defend the wall against the wildlings, tywin coming to blackwater, knights of the vale coming to save the battle of the b------s, etc). It was an unexpected way for the night king to fall and a dope as f--- scene so I don't really have a problem with how it happened, more just that it seemed...too easy for them to defeat this evil that's been building since season 1?

Episode 2 sets us up to say goodbye a bunch of characters and then they only killed characters that, even if they were liked or even loved, had no purpose to the plot anymore. I figured Theon was gonna die defending Bran since multiple seasons ago cuz redemption arc and was 100% certain it was gonna happen as soon as he said he'd defend Bran last episode. Mormont was clearly always die gonna defending Dany. We have like 20 main characters left and it's hard to imagine that alllllll of them serve a greater purpose for the last three eps, but I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

Also the way it was filmed made it hard to tell what was going on sometimes, which I know was the point to a certain extent cuz it's a battle in a blizzard, but they went a lil too HAM on that imo.

But like I said I'ma rewatch on my own so I can be fully engrossed cuz I think I missed a bunch of smaller details due to blabbering roommates lol.

Mar 28, 2024
  9. JFK

JFK Bleach on my t-shirt

Apr 29, 2019
    I have the same basic complaints about the episode but this bothered me the most.

Visually, it was stunning.

I also don't understand what Jon and Dany were doing the entire episode

Meero and DKC like this.
    Meero and DKC like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  10. DKC

DKC hank trill

Apr 29, 2019
    Definitely a well shot and paced episode but it felt weak that it was just one battle with them and then it ended.

They built it up with so much lore with the children of the forest and three eyed raven and s--- and none of it mattered? lol

I guess that's what happens when the books a show is based on aren't finished.

Mothrfckr and Buddha like this.
    Mothrfckr and Buddha like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  11. Lil Squeed

Lil Squeed French Montana Stan

Apr 29, 2019

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  12. Lil Squeed

Lil Squeed French Montana Stan

Apr 29, 2019
    I don't trust that man Bran I think he was doing some shady s--- that whole time

Worm likes this.
    Worm likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  13. Johnny Guitar

Apr 29, 2019
    The cinematic aspect of 8x03 was absolutely astonishing. A lot of visually amazing scenes and I appreciate how much work went into this by the cast and the crew.

But f---ing h---, the writing is absolute garbage. It was so predictable and made no f---ing sense at the same time. Just like the Lake Episode in season 7. Ridiculously illogical and stupid decisions by the characters. Just send all of your cavalry to attack an invisible enemy in the dark.
    Jon turned into a r----- yet again. Playing Peek-a-Boo with a dead dragon and then he decides that the best course of action is to yell at him, in hopes of intimidating him?

I deadass burst out laughing when the dead Starks got reanimated in the crypt. Literally every single mom on facebook predicted that and I was so hoping that they wouldn't do it and was waiting for an interesting twist.
    Instead it was yet again mindless action - Fighting, Dragons, lots of Fire and some minor character deaths. Everyone else had plot armor. Brienne,Jaime, Pordrick, Greyworm, Tormund and Sam got swarmed by the army of the dead and no one died? f--- off.
    The only meaningful deaths were Jorah and Theon. Both of whom f----- up really bad and needed a redemption arc.
    Beric Dondarrion has been wishing to die since season 3. Lyanna Mormont's death was the only one where I went "Oh d---" because I did not expect a Giant to crush a little child.

The only part that was actually meaningful was with the characters in the Godswood.
    Theon's death was quite sad. The intensity of the slow motion shots of The Night King making his way to Bran. The Music was phenomenal as always.
    And Arya killing the Night King was the only plot twist that I absolutely did not see coming. I expected just about anything. Jon killing him in an epic 1 on 1. Daenerys killing him with dragon fire. Bran killing him with some sort of Three Eyed Raven twist.
    The outcome ended up a huge surprise and I really liked the irony - That Bran was saved by the very dagger that was supposed to k--- him. That The Night King died where he was created by the Children of The Forest. The fact that the Godswood is where Bran Gave Arya the knife and it's also where Arya was able to sneak up on Jon.
    There's some good s--- in this episode, but the entirety of it... Makes no sense.

6.5/10

Meero, pluto✰, Enigma and 5 others like this.
    Meero, pluto✰, Enigma and 5 others like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  14. DJ Lithium

DJ Lithium "The Cool Cats" - The Lith-Meister

Apr 29, 2019
    people are only hating because its the cool thing to do. Not only is this GOT's best episode, it may in fact be the best episode of any television show in history. The bar has been set high and i cant see any show being able to top that for a very long time

Lil Squeed and Worm like this.
    Lil Squeed and Worm like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  15. CrimsonKing

Apr 29, 2019
    Ghost survived...in case any of you were wondering. He’s briefly seen in the promo trailer for the next episode.

Lil Squeed likes this.
    Lil Squeed likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  16. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Apr 29, 2019
    Totally dude. I'm sure you watch it for c--- shots
    :hipster:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    JFK and JMG like this.
    JFK and JMG like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  17. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Apr 29, 2019
    I think most people including myself expected the fight against the night king to last until the last episode and tie in Cersei. I was kind of glad it ended there, no one saw that coming. I mean it's kind of hard to rail against the show for not being realistic when it's about dragons and zombies

eddie and Lil Squeed like this.
    eddie and Lil Squeed like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  18. Jakey

Jakey You Reckon

Apr 29, 2019
    Excellent cinematography has carried this show since it ran out of book material. I want George back :emoji_slight_frown:

Strategically so stupid, the Dothraki running into the dark like that wtf..... Dany took a huuuuge L this episode easily WOG and lost her army. She aint winning no throne.

They did Theon and Jorahs characters great service in that episode RIP :emoji_slight_frown: They were both BOG.

Brightness was shocking... wtf even happened in that dragon battle.

How does a man like Sam survive a 100/1 ratio fighting the dead army let alone Jamie and Brianne lol

Buddha likes this.
    Buddha likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  19. JMG

JMG Teflon

Apr 29, 2019
    I said you were simple minded.
    must s--- to look so much into something to not be able to enjoy it. What was brilliant was they built up everyone was gonna die for over an hour.. the suspense never ended. The brightness was an issue but im sure the night king had something to do with it. But it sets up perfectly for the final 3 episodes and you know the game of thrones.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  20. DKC

DKC hank trill

Apr 29, 2019
    lol

Mar 28, 2024