1. next album

19.4%
  2. 2-4 years

25.8%
  3. never

54.8%
  1. ryan1uk

Sep 13, 2018
    I don't understand why Em always states that he is such a student of Hip Hop and rattles off a big list of artists from the previous decades, but then decides to fill an entire album with pop musicians. You would think he would collaborate with proper Hip Hop artists and stay true to the genre. There is no reason why he couldn't have collaborated with some of the artists that he said he inspired on the song Fall.
    The truth is that he (or the people around him) are now all about making the money. Picking artists like Beyonce and Ed Sheeran simply because they are the kind of artists who can generate hundreds of millions of views on YouTube etc.
    I was fortunate to grow up on Em's music (age 16 when he dropped SSLP) and saw him as an idol. He was very passionate, no nonsense/bs, and seemed geniune. But in this second half of his career, he has just become an ego-centric sly f---er.
    Joe Budden was so right about 95% of what he said on the Podcast. He is an insecure mof- who can't take criticism, and jumps on anyone just for telling him some home truths.
    Personally I think he should commend Joe Budden for telling it how it was. He is bored and sheltered. He can't leave the house without security, so he isn't really connected to the real world. By that, I mean he can't walk down a street and just blend in and live an authentic life with real experiences anymore. All he can really do from his mansion and studio is use the Internet or read dictionaries etc in order to come up with inspiration. It's sad in a way, fame is a f---er.
    I don't like this habit that Em's got into where with every new album he namechecks a previous album. He's just so full of himself nowadays. I just wish he would go back to using a simple mellow voice like on SSLP and make some songs with true substance instead of just disses and 'I'm the greatest.'
    I think that he has the potential to create one of his best albums if he properly dissected the trappings of fame. I'm fed up of hearing D12, Kim and fictional love relationship songs. He's exhausted those.
    Em will slaughter Revival on a future album. But in my eyes he has already said it, when he trampled the CD at the end of the Fall video. He knows deep down it was poor. Not unbearable, there were half a dozen good tracks on it, but he knows it's nowhere near his best work.
    I think this Kamikaze album is really good, but he just have just left it as an EP and took Normal, Good Guy and Nice Guy off it. They don't really fit the concept or tone of the album at all, and the flow is horrible in some parts.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  2. ryan1uk

Sep 13, 2018
    We also have to remember that a lot of big pop star names were on Revival. So if Em dissed it directly, it would almost be like dissing the people he collaborated with on the album. Beyonce, Pink, Ed Sheeran, Skylar etc.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024