[Harry Potter] Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them (2016)

Started by Charlie Work, Dec 15, 2015, in Entertainment Add to Reading List

1. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Nov 21, 2016
    It's so funny because Harry Potter is savage. I don't understand why they marketed it towards kids, when they knew the story was going to be dark.

It really hindered the potential of the final 4 movies too. In the books, they have concentration camps and s---, and in the movies, they never really go into it, but imply it. It's bs, because it's a HUGE element to the story.

Apr 26, 2024
  2. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Nov 21, 2016
    Voldemort is one of my favorite villains ever, AND they had Ralph Fiennes playing him. What a golden opportunity. And although Fiennes did a great job, the director barely f---ing used him.

dkdnfbdjdkdddjdjfvcgfl and Lucy like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  3. Lucy

Lucy #1

Nov 21, 2016
    holy f---, which book is best for concentration camp story arcs? I think that's awesome as s---. I'm guessing it's something like they round up the halfblood muggles or w/e?

That would of been so cool, but obviously this day and age a concentration camp in any way shape or form is just a magnet for media s--- storm/backlash.

dkdnfbdjdkdddjdjfvcgfl and Fitzy like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  4. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Nov 21, 2016
    At least there's no book to compare it for this! Lol

Also, regarding your post to coco, they couldn't say voldemort because it had some tracker curse or something right? HAvent read the book since summer 08

Apr 26, 2024
  5. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Nov 21, 2016
    Deathly Hallows.

It's explained in detail by Lupin in one of the chapters. How they're rounding up muggle borns and mudbloods off of the Hogwarts Express and all over the place. Plus, how Death Eaters k--- muggles for sport.

And yeah @Boos during Deathly Hallows, they keep saying Voldemort and have no idea why they keep getting ambushed, then I think Lupin tells them to stop saying the name because it's how they capture people for the camps.

Apr 26, 2024
  6. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Nov 21, 2016

Lucy likes this.
    Lucy likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  7. Lucy

Lucy #1

Nov 21, 2016
    d--- Harry Potter is real asf. fitzy's 2-3 posts added a whole layer of gritty ness to the series for me and i beleive i actually enjoy the series more noe lmffao

Apr 26, 2024
  8. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Nov 21, 2016
    I only read two of the books and they contained like an infinite amount of important s--- never explained in the movies. I also think they ruined the end of the last movie with some kiddie s---. Like that lame scene when Nevel gets knocked out and finds the sword and s---. That's not how it happened at all! And if I recall correctly the final battle was in the school not in some court yard.

Fitzy and Lucy like this.
    Fitzy and Lucy like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  9. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Nov 21, 2016
    Also johnny depp is grindlewald in this new series

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  10. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Nov 21, 2016
    In HPDH They never really got into how Dumbledore was a borderline evil wizard at one point. They just had his brother randomly not like him without really explaining lol

Fitzy likes this.
    Fitzy likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  11. Lucy

Lucy #1

Nov 21, 2016
    hate that "the little guy gets his time to shine!" trope. I'm just like yeah alright. i dunno what it is it just does nothing for me. like ohh nevel was a socially awkaward loser guy and in the final movie appears out of nowhere showing courage and plot device sword because of courage!

like how's this for an ending. HP is laying on the floor f----- up (maybe an eye hanging out of its socket or someth) Voldemort accompanied by his snake give his 'bad guy final speech' where he explains that they are both part of the same person thing and if 1 dies the other will too. at this point voldemort says some s--- like "but even if i have to die to k--- u, all g cus fuk u harry potter" then him and the snake lunge at HP then HP uses HIS courage to summon the sword stabbing the snake. its like you just replace Nevals scene with Potter and nothing of value was lost. In d--- dealing i beleive they call this cutting out the middle man.

Boos likes this.
    Boos likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  12. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Nov 21, 2016
    @Boos @Coco

What's funny about Neville is in the Deathly Hallows book, when he stands up to Voldemort, Voldemort puts the Sorting Hat on Neville's head and goes "Now Neville will demonstrate what happens to those who continue to oppose me" and he lights the hat on fire lmfao

Voldemort is so f---ing ruthless in the books.

Or when Voldemort slaughters a bunch of people and a Goblin, and then he kicks the Goblin across the room. Legit LOL'd reading it.

Boos and Lucy like this.
    Boos and Lucy like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  13. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Nov 21, 2016
    In all honesty, the book's final showdown was a bit lackluster in comparison to the movie. It was kinda corny.

However, the chapter where Harry is walking to Voldemort in the forest is f---ing amazing. There's no way they could translate it into the movies though. I won't lie, I got emotional reading it.

DKC and Lucy like this.
    DKC and Lucy like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  14. Lucy

Lucy #1

Nov 21, 2016
    Dude is sounding more and more like a boss. In the movies, he seemed pretty passive for the most part. I mean you see him like bordering on torture/murder/genocide etc, but they barely show it, it's more hinted than anything. Like the main reason you know he's "bad" in the movies is because they have all this "he who shall not be named!" build up, as opposed to watching him perform f----- up morally questionable actions.

The back story of voldemort sounds interesting too. Do they they delve into his motives at all? Because in the movies they dont ever give you a sense of why he does what he does. It's just "he wants power" where as the concentration camps are leading me to believe Voldemort had a s-----y upbringing at the hands of mudbloods.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  15. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Nov 21, 2016
    Half Blood Prince is Voldemort's entire back story. Harry and Dumbledore go through memories of him.

In the movies, they don't know what the Horcruxes are, but in the books, you know exactly what they are and what they mean to Voldemort. The books represent Voldemort as a serial killer, basically. And over the years, every murder he creates, rips his soul apart, and that's why he becomes increasingly disfigured. They show how manipulative he is/was, and how he is a complete sociopath, that has no feelings.

When he's a child, he tortures kids, kills kids' pets by hanging them from the rafters of the orphanage.... It's wild.

Half Blood Prince is such an amazing book.

The whole lake scene is crazy too. All those bodies in the lake (which in the movie look like f---ing Gollums) were people who Voldemort had killed over the years, and he uses them to protect his Horcrux.

Bman, DKC and Lucy like this.
    Bman, DKC and Lucy like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  16. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Nov 21, 2016
    @Coco this is from the wikipage

"Tom could move objects with his mind and cause them to travel floating wherever he wished, manipulate animals and creatures as he wished, speak Parseltongue, and use his power to inflict harm on other orphans. After getting into a fight with fellow orphan Billy Stubbs, he used his powers to hang the boy's rabbit from the rafters. On one occasion, he took two orphans, Dennis Bishop and Amy Benson, into a cave, where he performed an act so horrifying that the two orphans were traumatized into silence"

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  17. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Nov 21, 2016
    Also, in Order of the Phoenix, they run into Neville's parents in a psych ward. Bellatrix tortured them so bad, that they both went crazy, and Neville visits them.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  18. DKC

DKC hank trill

Nov 21, 2016
    I couldn't agree more, I actually just finished rereading the series for the first time since they came out and book 6 (far and away the best book, 5 comes kinda close) is so poorly translated to film.

There's a lotta dark stuff in there I didn't pick up on when I read them as a kid.

Fitzy likes this.
    Fitzy likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  19. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Nov 23, 2016
    One of THE BEST parts of 5 was when Mrs. Weasley is confronted with a boggart and she keeps doing the ridikulus spell, and it keeps turning into dead bodies of her kids and harry. Can't believe that didn't make the films.

Half Blood Prince is so disappointing though.

Also, I re-read Goblet of Fire, and that's ANOTHER disappointing movie in regards to how it translated from the book. As a movie, on it's own, it's pretty good, but I just re-read the book a while back, and the entire Barty Crouch Jr story-line is insane.

DKC and dkdnfbdjdkdddjdjfvcgfl like this.
    DKC and dkdnfbdjdkdddjdjfvcgfl like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  20. King of Kings

King of Kings Who Dey

Nov 24, 2016
    favorite book was goblet of fire my least favorite is prisoner of azkaban. how was this movie, i want to see this pretty bad

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024