[Harry Potter] Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them (2016)

Started by Charlie Work, Dec 15, 2015, in Entertainment Add to Reading List

1. 83837477

83837477 Test Account

Nov 24, 2016
    NERDS!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fitzy likes this.
    Fitzy likes this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  2. Bman

Jan 28, 2017
    Pretty much all the problems in the original films would be fixed if they just released the extended editions. Each director has expressed a wish to recut a longer HP film. There's something like another 45 minutes to GOF and over an hour more for OOTP. 4 through 7 part II were originally rated R so I have to wonder how much more was cut from 6, 7.1, & 7.2. I have no idea what was cut from POA but knowing Cauron, I wouldn't be surprised if there was more footage and extended shots that gave it a PG-13. I really enjoyed Fantastic Beasts. Excited for more although I hope Yates doesn't direct the whole series. Or the inevitable Potter sequels. I really want a new director for the series. Would love to see Giermo Del Toro direct or Alfonso Cuaron return. J.J Abrams would be cool to. Or Baz Luhrman. Christopher Nolan as well.

dkdnfbdjdkdddjdjfvcgfl and Fitzy like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  3. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Jan 28, 2017
    Agreed with this, except they really didn't do what they were supposed to on HBP. I remember being on RB and posting news about HBP and being constantly disappointed with their decisions pre-release.

dkdnfbdjdkdddjdjfvcgfl and Bman like this.
    dkdnfbdjdkdddjdjfvcgfl and Bman like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  4. Bman

Jan 29, 2017
    Agreed. I enjoyed the comedic elements but was annoyed by the cutting of Voldemorts back story, and the watering down of the cave/hogwarts battle scenes. Also they absolutely butchered the Harry/Ginny relationship. That plotline really suffered the most in the films. Another scene I was really annoyed they cut was the one at the end of OOTP where Harry trashes Dumbledores office. I feel like we missed out on some great acting from Radcliffe and Gambon. Although I'm pretty sure all that stuff, from HBP and OOTP, was filmed but cut for time and a PG13 rating. What did you think of Cursed Child and who would you like to see direct the eventual film adaptation?

DKC and dkdnfbdjdkdddjdjfvcgfl like this.
    DKC and dkdnfbdjdkdddjdjfvcgfl like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  5. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Jan 29, 2017
    Harry was so great in the books. I loved when he would flip out. In the movies, he was so dry and boring. Ron and Hermione carried the movies. Not that it was Radcliffe's fault, but they didn't really do Harry justice. Which didn't set up OOTP well at all for the movies. The reason that the book was so believable was because you truly thought there was a real connection between Harry and Voldemort. That they had equal hate/anger.

The movies were such a missed opportunity at something truly special.

Apr 23, 2024
  6. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Jan 29, 2017
    Was OOTP book supposed to lead the reader into thinking Harry was the next Voldemort or something? I only read the first and last book, I have to read them all at some point

Fitzy likes this.
    Fitzy likes this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  7. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Jan 29, 2017
    Kinda. During the entire book, it was showing that the "secret weapon" that Voldemort had was actually Harry. His ability to possess him, and them feeling the same feelings at the same time. For most of the book, Harry believes that he's a danger to the Order, because he has these random feelings of killing them, especially Dumbledore, especially when he makes eye contact. It's why Dumbledore ignores him for the entire book, because he knows that Voldemort is tempting him to k--- Harry, in hopes of killing Voldemort.

DKC and Boos like this.
    DKC and Boos like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  8. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Jan 29, 2017
    At the beginning of the book, much like the movie, they discuss that there's a secret weapon that Voldemort has or is trying to get. However, about halfway into the book, Harry truly believes the secret weapon is him. Then you find out later that the actual weapon is the prophecy.

Order of the Phoenix is so cool because Neville's backstory, and the fact that the prophecy was also made about him too, but Voldemort chose Harry instead of Neville to k---.

Bman and Boos like this.
    Bman and Boos like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  9. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Jan 29, 2017
    d---, that's crazy. There's so much stuff that got left out of the DH movies alone from the books, so I can only imagine what was left out of all the others when they just got one movie

Bman and Fitzy like this.
    Bman and Fitzy like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  10. Joey

Jan 29, 2017
    :weebey:im going to go read the book

Bman, Boos and Fitzy like this.
    Bman, Boos and Fitzy like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  11. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Jan 29, 2017
    Brooooo, DH was actually pretty good in comparison to GOF, OOTP and HBP.

Goblet of Fire had some of the most amazing writing in terms of Barty Crouch Jr. and his father. I don't know why they didn't utilize that instead of the stupid dance that they had.

Barty Crouch Jr ends up escaping Azkaban by using his dying mother. They both used Polyjuice potion for him to escape, and her mother died in Azkaban. His father put him under the Imperius Curse, since he knew he was a murderer, but loved him. Then Voldemort saved the son, and the son put his father under the Imperius curse until he went crazy... He ended up escaping, and found Harry, and started going insane in front of him. It was so good.

OOTP and HBP were seriously amazing books, but I f---ing hated the movies.

Raziel, Bman and Boos like this.
    Raziel, Bman and Boos like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  12. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Jan 29, 2017
    Also, Goblet of Fire is supposed to really make you question Snape and Igor Karkaroff's loyalty. Voldemort has a line when he returns where he says:

"One, too cowardly to return . . . he will pay. One, who I believe has left me forever . . . he will be killed, of course . . . and one, who remains my most faithful servant, and who has already reentered my service."

The Death Eaters stirred, and Harry saw their eyes dart sideways at one another through their masks.

"He is at Hogwarts, that faithful servant, and it was through his efforts that our young friend arrived here tonight."

Bman likes this.
    Bman likes this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  13. Bman

Jan 29, 2017
    DO IT! READ THEM ALL! Seriously they're some of the most well written novels of all time. Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home :) just remember the first few arent quite as dark. But they do a great job of building up the characters. And there are definitely plot points from the first 3 that come into play in ways you wouldn't imagine by the end of the series. Book 4 is where s--- really hits the fan. Once you start, you'll be hooked.

Raziel and DKC like this.
    Raziel and DKC like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  14. DKC

DKC hank trill

Jan 29, 2017
    Brah if you like the movies at all you gotta read all the books because they're not even comparible. My gf had never read them so I did a reread (first time I read them since they came out) while she read for the first time and we would watch the movies after each book. They're entertaining but as adaptations they mostly fail cept for 3 and 7.

Fitzy, Raziel and Boos like this.
    Fitzy, Raziel and Boos like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  15. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Jan 29, 2017
    I love the movies, so I'm gonna have to start the books this summer. It's really interesting just hearing about all the things that didn't make the movies. I'm probably most interested to read HBP just to get more insight on Voldemort's background

Fitzy and DKC like this.
    Fitzy and DKC like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  16. Raziel

Raziel Ice like Paul Wall but I can't take mine out

Jan 29, 2017
    You're in for a really good time m8

Fitzy, DKC and Boos like this.
    Fitzy, DKC and Boos like this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  17. DKC

DKC hank trill

Jan 29, 2017
    HBP is my fav for that very reason. I finished 'em all in about five months while also always reading another book at the same time so I bet you could finish them in a summer pretty easily if you really get into them.

Boos likes this.
    Boos likes this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  18. The Lyricvore

The Lyricvore shangri la frontier

Jan 30, 2017
    Its 2017 and we have people that haven't read all the books? How is that even possible?

Fitzy likes this.
    Fitzy likes this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  19. KWO

KWO That dude with the cancelled show avi

Jan 30, 2017
    I really enjoyed the use of non-verbal spells, really added some tension as opposed to them announcing their spells anime style.

Fitzy likes this.
    Fitzy likes this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  20. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Jan 31, 2017
    Voldemort being played as Ralph Fiennes should've been the best cinematic villain of all time.

Half Blood Prince is where they failed in delivering that.

They also made Snape predictable, which is crazy, because when I read the books, I had no f---ing clue that he was good in the end.

Maybe because, in the movies, they made him more comedic. In the books, he was a straight f---ing a------, especially to Harry. He said some of the most f----- up s--- to him. In the movies, it was so minor the stuff he said, and they made him seem regretful all the time.

The two best characters of the books, hands down.

0 0
    Apr 23, 2024