Have you ever had sleep paralysis? (Also tornados)

Started by DKC, Apr 17, 2020, in Life Add to Reading List

1. JulnHT

Apr 21, 2020
    Never happend to me.
    I dont now much about this but is it known what is happening with you when s--- happens?

Ricky and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Ricky and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  2. TheRealStan

Apr 24, 2020
    Cry out to Jesus in your head and it stops almost immediately

0 0
    Apr 25, 2024
  3. OwI

OwI I was riding on a bike on a very late night

Apr 24, 2020
    holy s--- man u know this s--- freaky asf cuz like 2 days after I saw ur thread my sister told me she experienced this s--- too & actually saw some little baby or something on her chest! I hope this s--- is not frequent like u said cuz that would be terrifying! stay safe anyways ma man

Ordinary Joel and DKC like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  4. DKC

DKC hank trill

Apr 24, 2020
    Thanks man—hasn’t happened since and I don’t think it will again any time soon. I think it was just super interrupted sleep + panic/anxiety from the tornado

Apr 25, 2024
  5. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Apr 24, 2020
    Basically you see, hear and feel things you're afraid of, but worse

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  6. Buddha

Apr 24, 2020
    Yo sleep paralysis is the f---ing worst! It happens to me when my sleep schedule gets really f----- up. The good news is, they are very infrequent for me. But that feeling of dread cannot be understated. It’s the worst. But once you snap out of it and gather your senses, it goes away pretty quickly. When it happens to me, I need to get out of bed and stand or walk around for a little bit. Otherwise if I fall immediately back to sleep, I often end up in sleep paralysis again. f--- that. Seriously, f--- that.

I’m basically having a nightmare, I know it’s a nightmare, and my brain thinks it’s telling me I can feel my body and extremities but no matter how hard I try to move, I can’t. I’m just frozen. I basically have to mentally throw myself off the bed to snap out of it but when I wake up, I’m not falling, h--- I’m not even moving, I’m just laying there. I don’t know, it’s f---ing weird and it’s an awful feeling. I’m grateful they don’t happen often.

Swizz, DKC and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Swizz, DKC and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  7. Worm

Worm Big Perm Big Worm

Apr 24, 2020
    Happened to me the last night of my freshman year of college in my dorm at WVU and it was after watching the mothman prophecies which is about WV. It was crazy. I woke up and could see everything but nothing would move and had the same shadowy figure and just like a feeling that kept getting more and more intense, it felt like 5 mins went by while this thing was brushing up against me kind of taunting me and then out of nowhere I could move, everything was clear and I got up. Kind of freaked me out. I googled it and found out what it was. Still happens like once a year randomly but it doesn't bother me in the least bit now that I know what it is. I kind of welcome it and don't let it bother me and it feels pretty cool. Only thing that sucks is if it's in the middle of the night it takes forever to go back to sleep. One correlation I did make is that it usually accompanies a s-----y hangover. The worst I had it was in Punta Cana after drinking heavy 5 nights in a row and taking a night off. Happened a few times that night.

Apr 25, 2024
  8. dna tits

dna tits buying benzos hmu

Apr 24, 2020
    One time I thought a monster was coming for me while I slept but it was just my dealer helping me up after I collapsed

Worm, M Solo, Fire Squad and 3 others like this.
    Worm, M Solo, Fire Squad and 3 others like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  9. TheAQU4M4N

Apr 28, 2020
    I’m very surprised this hasn’t happened to me since the pandemic, I’ve been on abnormal sleep schedule for a month and a half it could be also due to me having a broken elbow and not being able to get comfortable in my bedroom. I usually get like 4-5 hours max.

Apr 25, 2024
  10. Tone Riggz

Tone Riggz There's No Cure For Being A C*nt

Apr 30, 2020
    Happened once a while ago while I was taking a nap on the couch. I remember my eyes were open but I couldn't move. I didn't see any demons or whatever the f--- people claim to see. I just couldn't move. I wanted to scream and move my arms but I couldn't. It was terrifying, I thought I was legitimately paralyzed (at the time I didn't know that sleep paralysis was a thing). Eventually I snapped out of it. The whole ordeal reminded me a bit of that Tales From The Crypt episode where the guy gets drugged as a prank and is believed to be dead even though he's just paralyzed.

Ordinary Joel, Buddha, Worm and 2 others like this.
    Ordinary Joel, Buddha, Worm and 2 others like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  11. Swizz

Apr 30, 2020
    This has happened to me and it's truly horrifying. I think the peak of it for me was probably 4-5 years ago...I was experiencing it relatively frequently, maybe once every month or two. And the experience was always very similar: somebody is in my house, and eventually, in my room, and they're coming for me, but I have totally lost the ability to move. Usually I could see that my wife was there but I couldn't touch her or open my mouth to alert her. The visual element generally came in the form of a human intruder rather than the "demon" that so many people see, but it was usually shadowy, hard to see the person's face, etc.

What made it worst was that during that peak, no matter how many times I experienced it, I didn't remember that sleep paralysis was a thing while it was happening. So these events would reoccur but never get any easier or less intense because it always felt like it was happening for the first time. It wasn't until I was able to move again that it slowly dawned on me what had just happened. Eventually that changed and I'm not sure why. It happened to me maybe a year or two ago, and for the first time my brain came to the realization in the moment that this was sleep paralysis, it wasn't real, and I just needed to hang tight for a few minutes until it ended. It happened a second time after that - same thing. And then I haven't really had an issue with it since. It's like I outsmarted it, or something. I'm sure since I am saying that it will probably happen to me again v soon

But yeah I don't have any tips, I feel like I just got lucky. Hoping it never comes back!!

Ordinary Joel, Buddha, Worm and 3 others like this.
    Ordinary Joel, Buddha, Worm and 3 others like this.
    Apr 25, 2024
  12. JohnMarston02

Apr 30, 2020
    I've had this happen more times than I can count. I've gotten to the point now where I can just relax and wait for it to be over, i've found out that if I try to wake myself up or struggle it just makes it much worse. At the start I would see figures at the end of my bed or I remember even seeing a little girl standing at my door just staring at me (I thought I was going to die in the moment :') ). But for some reason I figured out how to close my eyes while its happening, so what I'm seeing is pitch black, but I can still hear the voices, sometimes its people screaming stuff in my ear that I cant make out or sometimes its a random phrase, had one voice pop out of nowhere and shout "SHUT YOUR HUMAN WOMAN" and then make a noise like it was a dog growling, and its mostly always accompanied by a soundtrack, like a theme from a horror movie. I realise this makes me seem like i'm absolutely f----- in the head but I thought i'd share haha.

Apr 25, 2024