Hobo lookin Jim Jones at Roc Nation offices

Started by SHUDEYE, Jan 19, 2017, in Music Add to Reading List

1. SHUDEYE

SHUDEYE Kerser is the sickest.

Jan 19, 2017

Jim Jones opted to both show and tell on Instagram on Tuesday (Jan. 17) posting a video of himself from inside the Roc Nation office asking via the caption “U ever made a paper plane before?” He played to any inherit skepticism regarding a union between himself and Jay Z, saying during the vid, “If I told you I was in the Roc Nation office, how would you feel about that? You’d think I was lying’? That’s clear enough for you? Talk to me, let me know your sentiments, ya heard?”

The history between Jim and Jay goes back to the Roc-A-Fella days, when The Diplomats were signed to Hov’s label. The break-up between Jay and co-founder Dame Dash left the roster divided, feuds flaring up between various affiliated acts. In July of 2009, Jay even threw shots at Jones, rapping from The Palms in Las Vegas, “I ain’t talking about gossip/I ain’t talking about Game/I ain’t talking about Jimmy/I ain’t talking about Dame/Let’s talk about facts/Dame made millions, even Jaz made some scraps/He could’ve made more but he ain’t sign his contract.”

Jones would respond shortly after, writing, “Question if someone says in the song I’m not talkin bout Jimmy is that not talking bout Jimmy lol we r back in business people.” Jay has as well dissed Jones on wax, rapping on “Brooklyn High,” a “We Fly High” remix, “Your bank versus mine/If you’re ballin’, n----- what I’m doing can’t be defined/The Joneses can’t keep up.” Jimmy’s framing of the Roc Nation meeting then, a deal seeming to have real potential, would reference a reconciliation between the two and explain why he documented the event with such intrigue.

Catch Jim’s IG video up above with an additional photo included below.

Read More: Jim Jones Rolls Up to Roc Nation Offices - XXL | http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2017/01/jim-jones-roc-nation-offices/?trackback=tsmclip

Apr 23, 2024
  2. Bourbon Ben

Bourbon Ben Mad pooper

Jan 19, 2017
    Hes getting ready to hide off the grid in 2years once max b gets out

Apr 23, 2024
  3. SHUDEYE

SHUDEYE Kerser is the sickest.

Jan 19, 2017
    He actually looks like s--- apart from the kicks if he was holdin a coffee cup I'd put some change in it

Apr 23, 2024
  4. 83837477

83837477 Test Account

Jan 19, 2017
    I hope I grow up 2 be like Jim Jones

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 23, 2024
  5. Charlie Work

Charlie Work Level 5 Goblin

Jan 19, 2017
    I can see this meeting going well.