Kanye West Best Posts: How good is Kanye as an 'artist'

1. Winter

Winter Super Comfy

Jun 30, 2019
    He has arguably the best discography in rap, didn’t put a foot wrong for 14 years. 7 great albums in a row without any serious missteps is pretty much unprecedented. By Ye the cracks finally started to show, but the run before that has never been topped.

Incidentally, I think Kanye is a significantly better rapper than he gets credit for, he’s capable of some absolutely insane verses when he isn’t shi--ing them out the day of his album release.

Cudder, Ordinary Joel, DKC and 3 others like this.
    Cudder, Ordinary Joel, DKC and 3 others like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  2. DKC

DKC hank trill

Jul 1, 2019
    but yeezus is his best album :MJDK:

I also think it gets a bad rap in terms of lyrics for a couple lines about sweet and sour sauce. I wouldn't say any songs besides maybe I Am A God have outright poor lyrics. But it's an album about mood more than anything so if you're looking for ghostface-tier bars it's not gonna be for you.

Ordinary Joel, Buddha and JEB like this.
    Ordinary Joel, Buddha and JEB like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  3. icecube

icecube West Coast is the Best Coast

Jun 30, 2019
    His rapping was actually really on point up to and including MBDTF. Yeezus his lyrical skills took a huge nosedive, probably the main reason I rank Yeesuz down the bottom of his discog somewhere. He never got it back either. After MBDTF he seems to have focused more on being an "artist" than being a "producer/rapper". Some may like and appreciate that but I don't.

Apr 24, 2024
  4. GOLOVKING

Jun 30, 2019
    He's never been on the Nas and Rakim level of MCing but as far as putting out projects as a production....? The best of his time? Did he change guards with Outkast?

1. The College Dropout
    2. Late Registration
    3. Graduation
    4. 808s & Heartbreak
    5. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
    6. Yeezus
    7. The Life Of Pablo
    8. Ye
    Imagine these albums were paintings or sculptures in the 1500s :emoji_fearful:

Cudder, DKC and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Cudder, DKC and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 24, 2024