How much value remains with music critics?

Started by Mike Tyson, Jul 12, 2018, in Music Add to Reading List

Do you care less about music reviews than you did previously?

1. Yes

31.3%
  2. No, I still rely on them

12.5%
  3. I never cared for reviews to begin with

56.3%
  1. Lucy

Lucy #1

Jul 13, 2018
    can't beleive music review critics get worked into seething shoots by 19 year old drug users with bowl cuts :')

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  2. drdrake

Jul 13, 2018
    music is subjective,music critics never mattered. same with food and movies. Only valuable reviews are for products and services

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  3. Kevin

Kevin Migo

Jul 13, 2018
    With the exception of @WPG and I few others I've come to 'know' online over the years, its difficult for me to take someone I dont know seriously when they're reviewing music. Like, ok, you didn't like D.A.M.N....ok..but how do I know you don't put ketchup on your eggs....can I trust you..?

Masterstothemax likes this.
    Masterstothemax likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  4. gavin

gavin vidrilla.com

Jul 14, 2018
    Rap Blogs have been dying for years and years coming from someone who owns and operates some of the leading ones even for non critique outlets. This isn't because the community is interested in less reviews but because the ease of the project for such a low price makes it so they're able to stream it themselves and depict a review based on their own opinions. Before we had to purchase albums, singles, eps, cds whatever the case may be and when purchasing anything you want to know the quality of it before hand.

You don't just go on amazon and purchase a product without knowing first what it is, or secondly what the response of the product is. This is the same thing that applies with music now, the streaming industry has made these things almost obsolete for the American genres as a whole. I was running a review blog for French Rap music and one for Spanish Rap music and seeing a 22% increase in engagement just based on the targeted geos. People in these countries don't have the accessibility to things like Spotify, Apple Music, or Pandora due to GEO restrictions.

American Music is struggling, nothing else. When's the last time you found a popular K. Pop artist shilling their spotify link? They don't.

Apr 26, 2024
  5. Masterstothemax

Aug 2, 2018
    I only consider reviews when I'm on the fence about listening to an artist/album. I sometimes use blogs for new music but mostly forums

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024