6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. I Need A Doctor

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Sign Language

Sign Language We miss you Screw

Aug 8, 2015
    These are the two most known tracks that were supposed to be on Detox. When each of these came out, we all got our hopes up for Detox, but we never saw its release (which after hearing the leaks, I'm not as bummed out about it anymore).

I Need a Doctor was a decent song in my opinion. I thought that the beat, while not being one of Dre's best beats, fit him and Eminem. Eminem's verse was good in this song. It had a such deep and personal feeling behind it. It was almost his "thank you letter" to Dre for helping him achieve his dream (plus it's one of his best post-hiatus flows). The only part that I don't like is his sudden when he says "Nobody wanted to f--- with the white boy, Dre, I’m cryin' in this booth". The way his voice gets a bit higher during this makes me cringe every time, I don't know why. He probably did that to convey how strongly he felt about the subject, but I just don't like the way it sounds. Now, I'm sure that I'm not the only one that thinks the song would've been better without the Skylar Grey feature. Hearing her gets SOOOOOOOOOOO annoying after awhile. Don't even get me started on that Cirque du Soleil s--- she was doing in the music video. Dre's verse (like Eminem's) had a personal feeling to it, and was Dre's way of saying "f--- you!" to all of the people who doubted him and Eminem, while also reminiscing about his early encounter with Eminem. As well as the subject matter of his verse may have been, I just wasn't feeling his tone nor his flow. The music video for this song was really cool in my opinion. It was almost like a short film in a sense. Seeing Dre look back on his career with NWA, his solo career, and his role in developing Eminem was very interesting. Plus him visiting Eazy E's grave was a nice touch. I also thought that the scenes with him being unconscious and Eminem rapping helped illustrate the feeling of Eminem's verse. As I just mentioned, Skylar Grey partly ruined the video by doing that stupid a--- Cirque du Soleil s---. I also personally thought that the scenes of Dre rapping could've been better than just showing him working out and learning how to walk. Overall, while it certainly has its flaws, I Need a Doctor is a decent song when looked at from from certain angles.

In my opinion, Kush is a fun song. It has more of an old Dre feeling than I Need a Doctor does. The verses were fun, but they were nothing special. The beat was very enjoyable, especially the bass. Now, I know y'all are gonna make fun of me for this, but honestly, I really enjoyed Akon's part in this song. I thought that the way he sounded in this was pretty good. While it certainly wasn't as detailed as the I Need a Doctor music video, the music video for this was still cool imo. I think that the opening with Dre in the Lambo was a classic Dre thing. Plus I have always thought that music videos that had the people frozen while the artist(s) moves throughout it were pretty cool.

In the end, I have to go with Kush as the better song out of the two. It has a better beat, better features (although I Need a Doctor had Eminem, Skylar Grey was annoying af and ruined a portion of the song. I'm not saying Em was bad, just saying that the Skylar Grey feature means Kush has better features because no one on Kush ruined portions of the song. Thought I'd explain that before the Stans got butthurt.), and a h--- of a lot more replay value.

Which one do you think is better?

0 0
    Apr 23, 2024