idk. groovy tony mad or something idk

Started by LLLMMMMFFFFFAAAAAAOOOOOO, Mar 10, 2018, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Xmipod

Mar 11, 2018
    I mean thats what some people make

I earned minimum wage living alone at 17. I survived. Its very possible, you just have to prioritize.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  2. DKC

DKC hank trill

Mar 11, 2018
    1. There are very, very few people who are dumb enough to think adopting two kids for extra money would make their life easier, and even less of those people would pass through the adoption agency to actually get two kids.
    2. Even if it did happen...why is it mooching if two kids without parents get a home and extra money to be fed? Do you seriously think that's "mooching"?
    3. Maybe it's not directly the government's fault that a person was born into a situation that made it hard for them to further their education/skill set, but government laws/programs/etc. and lack thereof have contributed to the socioeconomic factors that keep people downtrodden. And why shouldn't the government or companies help them out? You'd rather have someone with two kids have to work 60-80 hour work weeks every week to barely scrape by than to just pay them a little bit more?

Look man, I know there's thousands of factors to consider and nothing involving economics/the government is so simple that it can be laid out in a forum post. I know that I alone don't have a bulletproof solution. I know there would be tons of kinks in revamping how people get paid and/or assisted by the government. But I don't understand your resistance toward helping our own people, toward simply having a bit of empathy, toward even talking about trying something different. And at what cost would it be to you or me? I don't know how much you make, but I doubt you're in the tax bracket that would lose a significant amount of money from something like this (and people in those tax brackets already have more money than they know what to do with).

Apr 19, 2024
  3. Zebedee

Zebedee Banned

Mar 11, 2018
    When i was in jail, i met this dude that was a sptitting image of Jesus, who would mindlessly ramble during the night, about government files relating to the tax bracket, single mums, along with multiple socioeconomic factors. Dude used to predict political events down to every last detail.

Some nights he told me what he'dd o if he was ever in charge of the country, and on many occasion he would blow my mind. A world of liquid gold, pure opportunity, a heaven sent madness of morality. I woke up one day and he was gone, screws said he'd been shipped of to a more mentally secure unit. I never saw or heard from again, but d--- did he have a good vision for his country. Sometimes i contemplate with myself whether he was even real or not, whether it was all just in my mind. There's a good chance it was.

DKC and Caine like this.
    DKC and Caine like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  4. Xmipod

Mar 11, 2018
    I agree, but its not that I want people to be kept down, its that I dont think its a good idea to get handouts. I had to work from the ground up for my success and it paid off. Why should other people not have to? Its very possible for anyone. I do think there should be other options, like affordable child care for low salary parents who are working. Things like that would help much more than just giving them more money. I also think its not fair to take more money from people who worked hard for their own money just to have more taken from them. Should they donate more since they have more? Yes, I know I would. But should they have to? No. Its not fair to them. They worked for that money. They could put it aside for their kids college. Kids new car. Who knows, and who cares, its their money to spend however they like

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  5. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Mar 11, 2018
    Btw 25 pages of interesting discussion in 1 day

This is a very good day for s80

nunofherdeiro, JEB and Caine like this.
    nunofherdeiro, JEB and Caine like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  6. aquaberryares

aquaberryares one time I made sex

Mar 11, 2018
    Non coincidentally i havent seen that unfunny s--- wipe @Biggs or school shooter @Hard Klyntar lately

Fire Squad, JIGGA MANE, DKC and 3 others like this.
    Fire Squad, JIGGA MANE, DKC and 3 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  7. DKC

DKC hank trill

Mar 11, 2018
    As I said before, I'm not advocating for taking away people's money who have already earned it. I agree with you that once you have your money, you should be able to do whatever you want with it (though like you said, I wish people were more altruistic). I'm just saying that I think CEOs should be paid less money and low-wage workers should be paid more money to close the gap between the upper/lower classes and the middle class.

It's great that you worked hard to achieve success, and I think hard work does pay off in a lot of cases. But I wouldn't want you to have to work 60-80 hour weeks to earn a living wage any more than the single mom or any other person. But it's not always possible for everyone. As you said, everyone's situation is different.

I agree no one should get straight handouts (other than people who are legitimately too disabled to work or people with kids in some cases), but I don't consider a living wage a handout. Everyone who is physically able to work works, and everyone who works gets paid at least a living wage.

Apr 19, 2024
  8. LLLMMMMFFFFFAAAAAAOOOOOO

LLLMMMMFFFFFAAAAAAOOOOOO humans are just recycled star dust

Mar 11, 2018
    Pablo Juan really blessed the streets

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  9. reesey

reesey What You Looking At This For?

Mar 11, 2018
    Can you stop mentioning me it's f---ing annoying

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  10. 1999

Mar 11, 2018
    What happened to this thread, went from albums, to r---, to income taxes

JIGGA MANE and Xmipod like this.
    JIGGA MANE and Xmipod like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  11. 1999

Mar 11, 2018
    I don't know why anybody would get mad at this statement.

JIGGA MANE and DKC like this.
    JIGGA MANE and DKC like this.
    Apr 19, 2024