Inner Demons - Cyreides

Started by Cyreides, Oct 29, 2015, in Creative Add to Reading List

1. Cyreides

Cyreides gfy

Nov 3, 2015
    it already has compression on it, and i'll have to dig around my FL. I've never had a reason to use a de-esser before so I don't know if I even have one by default or if I'm gonna have to go get one real quick

0 0
    Apr 28, 2024
  2. pluto✰

pluto✰ where the opioids?

Nov 3, 2015
    if I were you, I wouldn't be mixing vocals in FL

0 0
    Apr 28, 2024
  3. pluto✰

Nov 3, 2015
    adobe audition has proven very easy to use. that's what I did my vocals for rainbow in the dark in.

if you got a Mac, Logic is very easy to use also, about the equivalent.

0 0
    Apr 28, 2024
  4. Cyreides

Cyreides gfy

Nov 3, 2015
    eh, there's not really a reason to not use FL for it when I already do everything else in it as well. it does everything I need it to
    I'd have to get Audition first and then learn it and I wouldn't be able to do half of what I did to the vocals in it because my plugins aren't there and because of a general lack of knowledge on how to use Audition, so I'll pass on that

and don't have a mac but I probably still wouldn't go the Logic route

0 0
    Apr 28, 2024
  5. pluto✰

Nov 3, 2015
    well geez, someone is awfully stubborn today lol

audition is mainly easy because it sets you up with almost 50 presets for mixing, one being the AM radio sound and they have a similar sounding one called Bandpass Reverb (?) I think. anyways, you just choose the preset and it may work perfectly like that or you could start tweaking it to your like.

when I say it's easy, I mean you could figure it out in 20 minutes. also, torrent brah. all the way lol

0 0
    Apr 28, 2024
  6. Cyreides

Cyreides gfy

Nov 3, 2015
    no i just really don't see a reason to get an extra program to do this when I could do it in FL and already have a boatload of plugins/presets at my disposal for it, and I'm also genuinely concerned about moving the vocals outside of the project file to where it's just over the beat and not inside it
    my mistake for not addressing this but I'm not going for that sound, i simply wanted a certain distorted sound and I have a specific plugin i like to use for that on FL. and just the general sound i've got going on with everything I don't know how well that's going to carry over in Audition. the vocals are mixed and mastered in with the beat inside the project file with Maximus and EQ's and other plugins. if I take it out of that and move it to where it's just the beat and the raw vocals in another program I'm going to have to start completely over and the end result will sound nothing like what I have now and I don't know if I can replicate what I've done in Audition
    I know I can get it in a sec. via torrent, I just don't want to go through the motions of learning a new program and having to set it up and figure out if I can even use my plugins for it.

it just makes a lot more sense for me to do it in FL since i put it in the project file with everything else and can tweak the whole song at once, from vocals to beat, to mixing to mastering right there.

0 0
    Apr 28, 2024
  7. pluto✰

Nov 3, 2015
    but you can't make it seem like you're a pro in mixing vocals in FL

you yourself said you weren't less than a week ago so I don't know why you're so obsessed to mix vocals in FL when it's moreso used for production.

not to mention your beat and the vocals are literally on two different planes of quality

0 0
    Apr 28, 2024
  8. Loyalty

Loyalty we go hard on earth

Nov 3, 2015
    Cover is sick, and it definitely matches the song. That black font is beautiful on the background. I liked the "talking verse", it reminded me of old Gym Class songs from Papercut Chronicles. Looking forward to seeing how it ties into the album :emoji_thumbsup:

Cyreides likes this.
    Cyreides likes this.
    Apr 28, 2024
  9. Cyreides

Cyreides gfy

Nov 3, 2015
    right, i'm not a pro at mixing vocals in FL, but i have a few years now of experience with the program in general to help me learn it.

where as if I switch to Audition I lose everything I've done on the verse, probably won't be able to replicate any of the effects, and won't know anything about using it to even begin to mix the vocals into the beat separately like that.

and as far as FL just being production oriented, I really don't agree with that or think it has to be the case. there's no reason you can't mix/master vocals in it, that seems more like a preference people have that isn't really based on the quality. i think the quality here is questionable only because I just don't know all that much of what I'm doing with vocals, and that won't change just because I move to a different program

but I'll try Audition... don't think it'll end up any better tho

pluto✰ likes this.
    pluto✰ likes this.
    Apr 28, 2024
  10. pluto✰

Nov 3, 2015
    all you have to do is go to your documents for the project from FL and find the vocals you used

no need to re do anything m8. if you actually give it a shot, it'll be the best decision you made and I'll walk you through it as best as I can through pms.

the one to download would be "Adobe Audition CC 2015"

0 0
    Apr 28, 2024
  11. Cyreides

Cyreides gfy

Nov 3, 2015
    alright well it's all chopped up different takes so I'm going to have to go into the project and export the regular vocals as a single take first, i'll just turn everything off on it. and then I'll re-export the beat with the demon vocals on it and go from there

0 0
    Apr 28, 2024
  12. pluto✰

Nov 3, 2015
    my n-----

Cyreides likes this.
    Cyreides likes this.
    Apr 28, 2024
  13. Cyreides

Cyreides gfy

Nov 3, 2015
    @Jet
    new version

Suburban Scum and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Suburban Scum and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 28, 2024
  14. pluto✰

Nov 3, 2015
    now THIS I can bump to. did you make some changes to the beat also? almost sounds like I'm listening to a new song tbh vocals sound much cleaner also.

only thing is like the last 20% of the spoken word gets messy, no? idk if it's the main vocals or if the doubled deep voice behind it is too loud

Cyreides likes this.
    Cyreides likes this.
    Apr 28, 2024
  15. Cyreides

Cyreides gfy

Nov 3, 2015
    I messed with the EQ's on a couple synths and the snare

and as for the vocals, I didn't end up using Audition to fix them (tho I tried), but I realized why they sounded like they did...

in my rush to put this out my ears were tired, and I cut the frequencies on the vocals wrong in FL and had too many EQ's on it. I took them off and they were instantly clearer and so I fixed it up and changed a few things on the volume here and there (basically de-essed them manually) and now it's all much more clear. part of it I think was also my hatred for my voice so I think I was almost intentionally dulling it so it was less audible
    i may go back through it again and take another look at what's happening there. might have to automate the volume up on the main vocals a little towards the end. part of that is probably because of the beat building at that point but i'll fix it either way

pluto✰ likes this.
    pluto✰ likes this.
    Apr 28, 2024
  16. Cyreides

Cyreides gfy

Nov 6, 2015
    @Winter you should give this another listen now that I've mixed in the vocals better

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 28, 2024