Young Thug Is Thug making a video for "digits"???

Started by Frozen700, May 29, 2016, in Young Thug Add to Reading List

1. Frozen700

May 29, 2016
    Just asking. DJ Akedemiks said he was, about a month and a half ago.

Still no hints to a video. At least i haven't seen any.

He's quick to make video's to bs tracks. As soon as he has a song that everybody is jamming and loves, he wont even drop a video or release it as a single.

n----- does not want to blow like he should. This is why Future will always be ahead.

He releases digits as a single and makes a video, he's instantly the most talked about, ad most played.

Keep wanting to release average tracks

Narsh likes this.
    Narsh likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. Withus Boomin

May 29, 2016
    300 (or perhaps Jeff himself) has an interesting strategy with Thug that i'm starting to come around to. it's so subtle. at times I've attributed it to neglect/mismanagement but.....idk. They know for a fact that he's a once-in-a-generation talent. that's not going anywhere. He records music constantly. there is literally zero chance that he 'falls off' or anything of the sort, Lyor knows that, Thug knows that, even BLB knows that lol. He's not just a "Trap artist", he's not making music that's particularly "of this time" even if it's obviously aesthetically contemporary... he's a magical music machine that will churn out Unheard beauty for the rest of his life if he wishes, no matter what the trends are

so knowing all of this, what's the cost to waiting it out? is there really a need to have a sense of urgency? Thug's fanbase has grown so much just off the strength of his leaks and hastily cobbled together mixtapes. He is a firm fixture in hip hop culture and amongst the youth. He makes good money off of shows. If he wanted to, he could make a straight rap album that sounds somewhat like the SS series and probably sell a pretty good amount. The only thing that he decidedly isn't is a crossover popular success (yet). for that, timing is absolutely necessary. this is why i don't really stress about whether This song or That song isn't getting pushed enough. the people will come around. the cream rises

Fayetville, furface and Narsh like this.
    Fayetville, furface and Narsh like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  3. Narsh

May 29, 2016
    great post/well put. i agree about the urgency being mostly in our heads...

like...i STILL cant believe songs like Freaky/Calling Your Name have just come and gone with no ceremony.

but i mean in defense of OP....he is in a pretty great position right now. and w/o any real push digits is already a minor hit...they should most definitely have a video for it.

idk man we just gotta wait and see

Withus Boomin likes this.
    Withus Boomin likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024