2. Cruz

Dec 7, 2016
    [​IMG]

yeah, we back..

Apr 16, 2024
  3. colacone

Dec 9, 2016
    Sad news fellas.

A fellow Cole fan, buddy from high school, died in an accident late last night. Doubt he ever even got a chance to listen. Next spins for him fellas!

lasiiik, Jordan, OwI and 27 others like this.
    lasiiik, Jordan, OwI and 27 others like this.
    Apr 16, 2024
  4. Cool Hand Luke

Cool Hand Luke born sinner is mediocre

Dec 8, 2016
    Okay its time for my story about how the FBI almost came at me for having the Art of Peer Pressure months before it even leaked to the public. I changed the usernames of the guys on KTT for obvious reasons.
    This is all June 2012ish

I'm talking to this "MSN" guy on KTT whose heard The Heart Pt.3 (og version apparently), Sherane & BDKMV and a few other things i cant remember that might not have leaked. He goes 'I know you got that Peer Pressure track, send it to me, I'm supposed to be getting the gaga track (Party Nauseous) tonight.' I'm sitting there hype as f---.
    [​IMG]
    Feeling all presidential the way i got these exclusives. Call me Koolo Jr. son. I got complete trust in this guy cause he's proved it to me.
    I sent him the song. He's talking about his source coming online soon. Awesome, all is cool at this point, I'm waiting for "Lays" (my guy who gave me peer pressure)'s source to come online so I could get Money Treez or something

Nothing happens that night for either of us. Whatever, I didn't even mind. A few days later msn's PMing me like "yo my source is FINALLY online" so I'm f---ing charged up. One thing lead to another and this MFer needs my phone number cause he told his source that I was getting the songs too and tells me he has a crazy idea for me and KDotNation (which was irrelevant, but okay). I knew this is what Koolo used to go through to get songs (on the phone and all that s---) so I'm feeling myself thinking I'm getting super important. He calls my phone, he has a much deeper voice than I expected and didn't really know what I had besides Peer Pressure, he thought I got Money Treez too and he was asking if I was trustworthy of not leaking and s---. It was weird. I figured he'd know a bit more about me, and he never brought up KDotNation.

The conversation ended and all seemed to be going well. Then I click refresh on KTT and I get a new message from MSN...he says something along the lines of "yo the FBI and some representative from interscope just came into my house and s--- asking about these songs, that was them on the phone and on the message before this, they're after you too"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm freaking out, I'm only 15 at the time and these MFers gon pull to my house in like 5 trucks and bust down the door in front of my parents. Worst of all I had family from out of town in the house for that weekend.

So I'm contacting this guy MSN and seeing what I could do so they don't come and k--- me Liam Neeson style. (all at the same time looking at my driveway every 10 seconds).

[​IMG]

Finally he says that he can DM Punch over twitter cause Punch is following him (another weird coincidence I guess).
    MSN tells them over twitter.
    Punch says something roughly along the lines of "we wont have a problem if we can find who originally stole it." So I'm looking all over and at the time I was decent with like, I don't wanna say hacking, but finding out hidden s---. Somehow with the grace of God I found lay's source's name. To this day I don't know how the f--- that worked out. I think it had something to do with Skype. Whatever. MSN sends this name over twitter.

Punch says that they will call me again soon (turns out it was them/fbi on the phone that time), probably around 12-2 AM EST. I got school the next day which I wake up at 5:40 for. So I know I won't be getting much sleep tonight....I wait til 2, they never call...I put my phone under my pillow so in case they do I'll wake up (but I never get any sleep anyway because I'm still scared as a MFer tbh).

[​IMG]

They never contact me the entire next day. f---...so I gotta do that s--- again cause they said they'd call at night cause they're doing s--- during the day. Im running on like 2 hours lf sleep between the course of 2 days. They never call. I tell MSN about this and he says "I guess that means they caught him and the air is clear for us" which I was cool with, and then he says "at least you can tell people you spoke with Ali on the phone" and I'm
    [​IMG]
    that was ALI? Like MixedbyAli?? I coulda asked him about an interview for KDN if he ever called again to clear things up.

....but at least i got out of the s--- without any trouble. Then a month or two later the song leaked :laff: :laff:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    Apr 16, 2024
  5. Flacko

Flacko Too Blessed To Be Humble

Dec 1, 2016
    J Cole really really wants his section back

what, Ordinary Joel, asvdawg and 22 others like this.
    Apr 16, 2024
  6. Mikey

Dec 1, 2016
    POST IN THIS THREAD TO BE SENT A DOWNLOAD LINK FOR THIS ALBUM

J. Cole has a great work ethic but he loves to operate silently. Cole fans can celebrate today as we can report that a new album from the rapper titled 4 Your Eyez Only will be released in just 9 days. Above is the official artwork.

[​IMG]

Click here to join the J Cole Mention Group (receive push notifications as soon as Cole gives more details)

Apr 16, 2024
  7. Lonny Breaux

Lonny Breaux I think my nuts look better on her face

Dec 10, 2016

:hov::hov::hov:

Apr 16, 2024
  8. LondonSimba

Dec 9, 2016
    The story starts with the protagonist feeling hopeless, ready to die. He's from the hood in the Ville (as explored in Immortal) and meets his future wife in the club in a situation that starts off very familiar (Deja Vu). The protagonist is still suffering from depression, feeling like his time is slowly running out (Ville Mentality)...but the girl he met in Deja Vu is now giving him the strength to get better (She's Mine pt1) and make a positive change from within & for his community (Change). He tries integrating in society with the white folk but they still stereotype him the same despite his best efforts (Neighbours). At this point he's said f--- it and moves back to his old neighbourhood, but this time trying his hardest to the right things for his loved ones even though thats not how he's wired (Folding Clothes). Our protagonist is now happier with a purpose, further highlighted by the birth of his daughter (She's Mine pt2). We reach our tear jerking finale as despite making a positive change in his life and trying to break racial barriers, our protagonist still doesn't feel safe in society potentially due to black on black violence/ police brutality. He proceeds to asking Cole to tell his story to his daughter (4 Your Eyez Only).

Congrats Cole, you did an incredible job. (Of course there are similarities with Cole's real life and I'm not sure if each song was written with strict limits )

PS: It's 6.30am where I am so i might just be chatting s---. :')

Apr 16, 2024
  9. Kold

Dec 2, 2016
    The beauty of False Prophets is that n----s are talking about who he "dissed"/criticized and my first interpretation was that in a way he's talking about himself from the perspective of a fan. I think s--- is directed at actual rappers like Kanye, and obviously he mentioning the ghostwriting is talking about other artists, but in a sense he's rapping from the view of a fan talking about any artist including himself. Cole's was surrounded by the fake s---, he was dropping half-a--- s---, he was a rapper that wanted respect and acclaim so bad. So he's not exempting himself, and thats why the third verse hold's so much weight because he's saying he was caught up in that s--- but now I don't give a f---.

Everybody getting so caught up with the Kanye criticism that they not taking in the main point of the song. Worshiping the people we look up to can be dangerous because sometimes they are not who we really think they are and he's not excluded from that group.

Apr 16, 2024
  10. Mike Tyson

Mike Tyson big cuntry's alias

Dec 1, 2016
    Hey which r----- admin deleted the cole sxn

Apr 16, 2024
  11. samir

Dec 10, 2016
    4 your eyez is 8 mins but you don't feel it's that long

Apr 16, 2024
  12. LondonSimba

Dec 8, 2016
    soo...i went to HMV around 30 mins before close (planned it so the staff are tired and careless) and had a look around incase the album was out but it wasn't. I proceed to look around the store and identify the energetic white folk who are xmas temps. I approach Ben with the good hair & ask him if they have the new J.Cole album...mentioning that my friend just texted me saying he picked it up from a different HMV :emoji_smirk:.

Ben looks around and I start chatting with him to build some sort of rapport.. I show him a picture of the cover & he says he recognises it :emoji_fearful: he says he'll have a final look around the store and then go to the back & get it if its not out :emoji_flushed::emoji_flushed: so at this point i'm plotting on how to use the CD to make me internet famous & get my twitter on :emoji_100::jordanlaff:

Ben goes to the back and comes back 5 minutes later with a CD in his hand....:wtfno:

im thinking oh s--- its happening... he shows me the CD and asks is this it?:colerly:

my man brought out TPAB :currydead:

Apr 16, 2024
  13. Nav Bhatia

Nav Bhatia Bitch, be humble

Dec 8, 2016
    praying for @Mike Tyson

Apr 16, 2024
  14. Mike Tyson

Mike Tyson big cuntry's alias

Dec 6, 2016
    i legit feel like i'm back in december 2014 with ruby making a play for the physical but flopping, but then heirmozhi coming clutch.

PMing the leak to every single day 1 on JCN, and not one of you leaking it. :wow5:

the last days of JCN were the greatest, i'm glad we retired on that note

Apr 16, 2024
  15. RubiksCube

Dec 2, 2016
    Sup y'all. I'm back. Lemme know when I should hit up a Target and come back home with no album.:lol6:
    IMG_20141201_190727.jpg

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
    Apr 16, 2024
  16. FrenchKick

Dec 10, 2016
    Just finished the album for the first time without interrupting it or replay some tracks.
    Album is the best work of Cole. Musically, lyrically, in the concept and the way it's executed. It's short, for the demographic who don't know him. But I feel it's an album for him, for his core base.
    He reflects on previous songs and stories. Some stories evoke 3 wishes, 03 adolescence, 3rd verse of Breakdown and way way more songs. And those references can be seen in the way he wrote. His writing is dense reminding the way he wrote on the Warm Up. At the same time, it's way astonishing the way he increases how he wrote and his delivery.
    Musically, he came back on his roots. It's organic by the same manner he wanted at his debut in the beginning. He always wanted to create from the scratch beats but for some reason didnt do it.

The only problem for this album, beyond his shortness, it's the context in the game. Kendrick open the lane at the eye of the industry. So this album may sound as something not innovative. Too many people will say in the execution that it's a dying of thirst on ten tracks with the innovative sound of TPAB. BUT IT'S NOT, because of "gave you the blueprint, dont forget" and the history between Cole and Kendrick we known where he helps him and gave him even some verses.
    But Cole doesnt give a single f--- of this. That's why it's an album for him. I dont know if you feel this at the beginning where he was shy and not ready for the industry. It's in his personnality. With FHD, he exorcised his demons and find the way to live in this industry.

That's why when you'll play this, you have to come back to his previous work to fully understand not only his career but his life. It may sound cliche but he really poured out his heart as he never made.

P.S: It's my humble opinion, and this is definitely better than TPAB. It's okay if you don't get it. In life, the way we appreciate things depends of our social, psychological conditions.

Bliss, Ordinary Joel, reD10S and 17 others like this.
    Apr 16, 2024
  17. G H I L

G H I L I’m the black Christian Grey

Dec 10, 2016
    I really (don't) hate to blow this thread up like this, but for real, every single f---ing song delivers a message along with a beautiful melody and dope a--- bars man. Honestly butthurt over all the hate and ain't even a stan.

Apr 16, 2024
  18. NoRoleModelz

Dec 9, 2016
    PASSED MY CPA EXAM AND COLE DROPS A CLASSIC ALBUM, DECEMBER 9th 2016 Thug Tears :mjcry::mjcry:
    @Lebron187 YOU NEXT FAM

Apr 16, 2024
  19. Head Bussa

Dec 12, 2016
    Bussa back. Was using a s-----y replacement phone until I got a new one and haven't really had time to log in.

S/O to @Bliss. I was just f---ing around. It literally took me like 19 seconds to find that old post of yours. I didn't bookmark it and keep it for months. Don't flatter yourself! =) xo

Album solid as s---. 8.5 as of right now. I love the concept. Dope that it's a double meaning and parallels his life and his friends life.

I wish he renamed Foldin Clothes...it's a sweet and endearing song concept and it's a different style than he has done before and it works...but it'd be better if he renamed it to Whipped..jk...a for real better song title would be The Simple Things...or something like that..

Ville Mentality should be an Interlude

Intro threw me off at first but I love it...different than anything he's done. His voice on it along with the production is menacing and powerful.

Immortal is f---ing nasty. He goes hard lyrically and the hook lures you in.

Deja Vu catchy as f---. I love the hook...it's kind of like a satire hook/tribute to club songs 10-15 years ago

Change vintage Cole...inspiring bars and hook...woke outro

She's Mine 1 & 2 heartfelt as f---.

Neighbors straight f---ing b-----r.

I think Cole has more up his sleeve in terms of another album...I could see him dropping again in the Spring....he can't tour with just this new album...he should do like @JimmyBucketsNC said and release an album full of hits and bangers.

pittsports87, Baja, djb and 16 others like this.
    pittsports87, Baja, djb and 16 others like this.
    Apr 16, 2024
  20. Blaza

Dec 8, 2016
    fam. my local target f----- up and had the album stocked on the shelves. I went to checkout and they got a big a--- error saying they couldn't sell until 12/9. I'm going back and getting me a f---ing copy even if I gotta steal it. i might even leak it to a few people :jordanlaff:

Apr 16, 2024