J. Cole Nation: Chat Thread

Started by Mike Tyson, Dec 23, 2014, in Music Add to Reading List

1. King Simba

May 29, 2024
    Yeah it seems like one of those loosies that Cole didn't mean to drop.and accidentally made it out.

Since he apologised, every move is important. Personally, I'm looking at his music different now. The past couple of years, all he's been talking about he's the best out etc etc and has rowed back on the storytelling conscious stuff. The beef has taken all attention away from MDL and I'm not sure what he can really do on the Fall Off to come back and say he's the best (considering he's been talking about it for so long). Drake always gonna have his pop fanbase to prop him up and Kdot is now cemented as the boogeyman who noone wants to mess with. Coles position is looking kinda shakey at this point and I'm not sure I'm listening to his recent music the same right now

Ordinary Joel, Gimp and NoRoleModelz like this.
    Jul 27, 2024
  2. NoRoleModelz

May 29, 2024
    Well Drake is a Pedophile and Kendrick is a Women beater so i think Cole just gotta play the saint angle that he's bigger than all this BS

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Jul 27, 2024
  3. Head Bussa

May 29, 2024
    That’s why Cole needs a buffer song @King Simba

Address all the s--- that’s been going on. Dive into why he backed out, why he apologized, why he has proven to be the best and whatever else is on his chest. Bars bars bars. Let it all out. That would put things at ease in terms of people thinking he’s soft and can’t be a goat anymore.

Jul 27, 2024
  4. MsGray

May 29, 2024
    Cole just needs to make Quality music, hits and stay away from using LGBTQ terms/slang in his songs.

Jul 27, 2024
  5. Head Bussa

May 30, 2024

NoRoleModelz and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Jul 27, 2024
  6. Head Bussa

May 30, 2024

Jul 27, 2024
  7. NoRoleModelz

May 31, 2024
    Slim Shady is back. Apparently Cole gonna be on this album too

Jul 27, 2024
  8. Uncle Luke

Uncle Luke Currency means nothing if you still ain't free.

May 31, 2024
    Rapsody album nice as h--- on second almost full listen… I gotta finish it tho, ima listen fully tonight

Ordinary Joel and KLD3816 like this.
    Ordinary Joel and KLD3816 like this.
    Jul 27, 2024
  9. Uncle Luke

Jun 2, 2024
    And cole been working on the album this many years.. need more than 11 or 12 songs… 20 track album needed.. at least 15 tracks

Jul 27, 2024
  10. Uncle Luke

Jun 2, 2024
    Rapsody might’ve dropped album of the year.. might delete later slightly behind it

Last edited: Jun 2, 2024
    Ordinary Joel and NoRoleModelz like this.
    Jul 27, 2024
  11. Head Bussa

Jun 2, 2024
    Not feeling the content of it tbh. It should’ve been meaner. And the trans s---, cross dressing s---, identify as a cat, etc…is not original and fresh like s--- Eminem used to come up with. It’s tiresome and not funny. He could’ve roasted so many people and brought up different things in a clever way to get a reaction from people.

But he does sound energized and the flows he uses on it are cool.

Jul 27, 2024
  12. vinny ice

Jun 2, 2024
    This is vintage Shady. Make fun of the absurdities of the time.

Jul 27, 2024
  13. Head Bussa

Jun 2, 2024
    Some of the jokes don’t land and have been done to death. The identity as x jokes aren’t clever and everyone and their mom has made them. Cross dressing jokes are from corny sitcoms from 30 years ago. It’s not fresh or clever. I love My Name Is, The Real Slim Shady and Without Me. Houdini is better than Just Lose It and We Made You but that’s not saying a whole lot.

I would’ve made fun of Michael Rapaport for being an extremist on Israel/Palestine. He thinks people who support Palestine also support terrorist group Hamas. This would piss off a certain crowd who think Israel can do no wrong. Come up with a punchline about Trump’s felonies. Throw in jokes about Biden and Harris. Say you’re doing drugs and banging whores with Hunter Biden. Go after Lauren Boebert, Dan Crenshaw’s eye patch.

The list goes on. Throw in some other pop culture references…doesn’t all have to be political.

The things I mentioned would piss people off more than lame cross dressing and identity as jokes. I like the Meg stallion shot at a feat line. That was pretty dope. Need more s--- like that

vinny ice and Ordinary Joel like this.
    vinny ice and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Jul 27, 2024
  14. vinny ice

Jun 3, 2024
    I don't think Eminem is a big TYT guy. Now that's a bar! I appreciate you elaborating and giving some examples. He could've definitely made those jokes if those are things he feels strongly about. Idk I'm not a huge late era Eminem guy.

I'm just not a big fan of the predictable unison of "it's old. It's not funny" from all the usual suspects. And that's probably just how I'll personally feel about it until there is a more varied response or if there aren't literal news stories every time a musician/comedian/whatever says the word trans. But we're not there yet. Cole will still get bad reviews off of one throwaway bar. And so will Em. It feels like a disingenuous deflection. It implies that the people wielding it ever thought it was fresh and not boring to make a joke like that. As if, say Fantano, reacted to those Chapelle jokes a few years ago being like "now that's on the edge and funny" when we all know that's not how that crowd reacted. It went from full throated cancellation, character assassination attempts, to "that's not even real, why do you even care" side stepping to now the final boss of "it's not even funny". It's still obviously third rail topic, which is why every media outlet has the same uniform response every time it comes up. And for me, personally, it's the job of rappers and comedians specifically, to touch the third rail topics to make it safe for regular people to do it as well. Talking about Rappaport and Gaza would've definitely worked as well. For sure a third rail topic that would've come with a lot of heat.

I mean we know that Cole is going there on The Fall Off. He's been dropping the crumbs the last few years. He's gonna say some s---.

Jul 27, 2024
  15. vinny ice

Jun 3, 2024
    I gotta check that s--- out. Vince Staples album was just ok to me. Still haven't listened to Schoolboy album.

Ordinary Joel and Uncle Luke like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Uncle Luke like this.
    Jul 27, 2024
  16. Uncle Luke

Jun 3, 2024
    Schoolboy’s was kinda wack to me.. too weird sounding . I gotta check out Vince staple’s , never been a fan of his, but I would check his album out

Ordinary Joel and vinny ice like this.
    Ordinary Joel and vinny ice like this.
    Jul 27, 2024
  17. Head Bussa

Jun 4, 2024
    Might Delete Later should’ve been an EP and strictly an appetizer for The Fall Off. No diss track or any comment on Like That. No trans bars, no Drake wannabe Fever. These 7 cuts and that’s it. Can do without Pricey and HYB. These 7 songs showcase his skills. Keep it short and sweet.

1. Crocodile Tearz
    2. Ready ‘24
    3. Huntin Wabbitz
    4. Stickz N Stonez
    5. Stealth Mode
    6. 3001
    7. Trae The Truth In Ibiza

Jul 27, 2024
  18. Head Bussa

Jun 4, 2024

Hoping the Mavs beat the Celtics

Jul 27, 2024
  19. MsGray

Jun 4, 2024
    Pricey is the best overall song on the mixtape.

Jul 27, 2024
  20. vinny ice

Jun 5, 2024
    https://www.houseofstrauss.com/p/criticism-capture-is-more-dangerous

Guys there is no perfect response. There is no perfect way to get people that hate you no matter what to come to your side. The best you can do is be honest and service the people that actually like you. That's what Cole is doing.

Jul 27, 2024