Jetty McFly - The Day Job (Still a Blassik)

Started by pluto✰, Dec 15, 2014, in Creative Add to Reading List

1. Galaxy

Galaxy When I'm fxcked up, that's the real me

Mar 1, 2015
    nice rapping voice.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  2. Narsh

Mar 5, 2015
    @Jet ayy couldnt finish the tape yet but
    Intro: short and sweet and the transition into Journey is great Journey: like a b---- niggaa man I'm hatinn...good storytelling man. Writing used to be kinda disjointed in the past, but his track is clear sign of progression. Appropriate you quote Eminem and Cole cause there definite parallels to be found. Cept you got a more alpha voice than either of them haha. "Lookin for validity/but no body feelin me"

The Boy: renegade sample threw me off at first but be production/atmosphere is so good that I don't care. Loved complexx's s--- until the stomach full of humus part lol. Shout to black boy fly. Your verse was fitting as well. I'm vining with all the different samples now. Damnn..I wanna get on a remix of this smh s--- cray...and I feel like you kind of held back with your verse to fit the theme better, but I bet you could go off with a remix verse haha

Drug Step: already GOAT hook (shoutout to yo boy SIMHA)...the start with the wolf sample is a perfect transition from the boy.."dropped acid, once, before I wrote this). Loved St. Nicks verse -- break me off like a kit kat :bob: For Me: awesomeeeee cant belive its so short lol. Love the agression, beat, switching languages etc. "My god flow, and I'mma let this s--- free meeeee."

CST: transition/change of tone was odd. Not really a fan of that, but as a standalone so it's still good. Great sampled beat, and more interesting storytelling. "True love will always meet in the dark" training day sample >>>>. Hooks good too. It's really dope when you come back in too. The applause at the end was cool, but I didn't get the "hello dexter" bit.

On the Wall: beat is insane (production for the whole project seems A1), but the song osa bit hit or miss for me. Love the sample for the hook, but your part is kinda straightforward. The verses aren't too interesting for me either..something about your voice is better for straight up storytelling more than anything imo. Song is short tho so it's not like it's bad, it's just not as good as say like drug step to me.

Interlude: coo interlude..keeps the vibe of the album going well.

CCC: I like how you sound on this way more than any other track so far. Sounds less put on but still very engaging. And the mixing >>>. Some times your loud rasta delivery is a bit off putting, but this fireee. The "downed 8, oh s---, oh s---, rollliiin" part is great haha. Wait s--- I missed a whole barrrrr. When you kinda look like Gus..hahah. Good s---, but why'd say you say need a laxative tho? Lmao...besides that this s--- is awesome.

Hutch: lol Michael cera >> don't see the reason for the sample but still. Not really a fan of the song in general, but your verse is aight and Matt does well.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
    CSW and pluto✰ like this.
    CSW and pluto✰ like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  3. pluto✰

pluto✰ where the opioids?

Mar 8, 2015
    :clap:

'preciate that cuh.

as far as hutch:

"in the long run will I make it up on letterman?
    guess I gotta wait, look back then laugh about it
    David, 'member that line? yeah, I doubt it"

&

"Gladstone, hip hop's Michael cera"

both on the same verse so I found a sample with both of them in it.

also, while I like on the wall, it probably doesn't fit on this project.

for CST, the way the applause was set up, it wouldn't have been a smooth cut so I just let it play out.

if I can find the beat them I'd be down for a remix for the boy but It wouldn't have the samples on the hook..I made the song a while ago and the samples was last second and done on another computer

Narsh likes this.
    Narsh likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  4. VerJoh

VerJoh Do you curse where you come from?

Mar 13, 2015
    @Jet Hey man how's it going, back on SL i was PRB(If you remember, was a while back) for a bit but it all got reset when the site migrated. Anyway, i realised i never checked out your latest project so i thought id give it a listen and update with my thoughts.

I should probably start by saying that if i seem a bit critical, i'm in no way saying the project is bad because i enjoyed it quite a bit but it is always easier to pick out things you don't like than things you do.

I'll say the good stuff first. I really liked the flow and it didn't seem off at any point which is quite impressive. Also, your lyrics are on point and don't seem forced anywhere either which again is impressive. I liked 'For Me' as like a little interlude if that's the right word. My favourite tracks are all from the latter half of the album which i personally think is > the first half. Your features are good, they don't sound like you've got people on their because you know them but because they have good verses, whether or not they just so happened to have good verses or you kept creative control and are willing to tell someone you don't want something which isn't good enough i don't know. In relation to the previous point, the beat selection is good too, majority of it sounds like high quality music. Your track with M.I.C. is really nice, nice to hear a new verse from him as well. I think Dominoes is probably one of my favourite tracks from the tape with Missing teeth.

For the things i didn't like, they aren't thing which are necessarily huge problems and i imagine they will all improve over time. I made some points when listening to Journey and immediately noticed some things which i thought might bother me but they seem to be a lot less noticeable after that track so i think perhaps the mixing on that one might not be as great or something, in it you can hear your breathing quite a lot more than other tracks as well as a few other things that intrude on the quality. So for that reason i have a problem with that track being on the tape because it is the first track you don't want people being exposed to that first.
    Another small thing i heard, again most noticeable on Journey which is what drew my attention to it through out the rest of the tape was your pronunciation of your 'S's mostly, they seem to be either too long or too prominent, i cant work out which. I know this is not something that everyone can help but i think it might be something if you were concious of you might realise what you were doing. It is not overly intrusive of the experience so it's not something you desperately need to work on. It is difficult to explain but this quote might help me a bit, "Bobby popped every p, hissed every s, and habitually wandered off mike", this made me think it might be a problem many people have if they are not given professional advice on recording. If this has offended you feel free to call me a d-ck, i am usually more attentive to these kinds of things than most people anyway.

Anyway
    , i hope the negative don't take away from the fact that i actually enjoyed the album quite a bit, and can see clear progression from previous projects and i hope you keep at it.

pluto✰ likes this.
    pluto✰ likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  5. pluto✰

Mar 13, 2015
    @whyt3st nah, you absolutely didn't come off as a d-ck at all.

journey reallllly didn't NEED to be on there tbh I added it purely for nostalgic purposes. it was maybe the second song I ever recorded back in 2012 when I was at university. the video filmed for the song was done about a week or two before I got kicked out of college. it's also where I met Compl3xx and he's the one who actually engineered that track (the only song he engineered on the project) which is why it probably sounds like it's mixed so differently. every other song was done by me.

funny story, around the time I started rapping, I had this really weird obsession with over enunciating all my "s's"..couldn't even tell you why to this day :'( I'm way past that tho and it definitely hurts the ears a bit lol

didn't have to tell my features much besides having them hear the topic at hand. @M.I.C. is brilliant and always comes correct, that's the homie.

dominoes is a cool track for sure, need to actually get around to showing everyone I shoued out on the dog that they're on it lol my favorite is probably CCC

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  6. pluto✰

May 22, 2017

Ordinary Joel and Oldboy like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Oldboy like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  7. pluto✰

May 22, 2017
    probably the only person to catch that jawn :wheww: