Kanye West Kanye spazzing

Started by paulye, Apr 25, 2018, in Kanye West Add to Reading List

1. reservoirGod

reservoirGod reckless adventurer.

Apr 27, 2018
    No lies. You are lying when you say Trump has been good for the American Automotive Industry. The opposite is plainly true.

Likewise, Obama worked hard to pass the legislation that saved the Automotive Industry from the Great Recession of 2008... doing the opposite of what Republicans wanted (to let car manufacturers go bankrupt and die off)... and his green energies program paid off 10 fold with Tesla.

All facts you can't handle.

an0nymous, RetiredAccount and Enigma like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  2. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

Apr 27, 2018
    You really don’t understand how trends work do you? Presidents in general have very little control over how the economy does in the short run. Wages slightly started going up at the end of Obama’s term. Unemployment started falling long before Trump even started running for President. You’re giving him credit for something he didn’t cause but you know that already.

0 0
    Apr 24, 2024
  3. Zebedee

Zebedee Banned

Apr 27, 2018
    AF414247-178A-476C-BC36-7F66CECE184E.jpeg

Jay Zeus, Caine and Evad like this.
    Jay Zeus, Caine and Evad like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  4. Enigma

Apr 27, 2018
    For “not liking trump” you spend an awful lot of time on here being his apologist. The statements/actions I criticize him for are things that would have crucified previous administrations. I know since trump has been around for a couple years now, people may have grown numb to his antics but that doesn’t mean he gets a pass. He should be held to the same high standards.

Anyways, in a country where race plays a huge part in the experiences/challenges/opportunities you have/face, it’s naive of you to assume you’d feel the same way toward him. All the incidents that you claim I’m “exaggerating” or that the media is “blowing out of proportions” would be looked at from a different perspective. You continuously give trump the benefit of the doubt. Whether it be “oh, he didn’t mean that” or “it was taken out of context” or “he actually meant this” etc. You make excuses that most people of color would not make. You’re able to make those excuses/give trump the benefit of the doubt, largely because your demographic isn’t the target of his attacks.

0 0
    Apr 24, 2024
  5. RetiredAccount

RetiredAccount Big Time Stuntin Like My Daddy

Apr 28, 2018
    I just saw a white girl from Maine posting on twitter telling Kanye not to come to Chicago cause he ain’t welcome there anymore. Jesus Christ I’ve seen it all.

Caine likes this.
    Caine likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  6. Enigma

Apr 28, 2018
    Even IF we take out the racial element of the shithole countries remark — that’s still an incredibly irresponsible, insensitive & embarrassing statement for the president of the United States to make. Period. Trump deserves wide spread criticism for those comments, regardless. The reason people look at it from a racial perspective though is because trump has a long history of doing racist s---.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/01/15/opinion/leonhardt-trump-racist.html

And this is where I think we disagree the most. Yeah, we’ve had some really bad presidents in the past. Presidents who were much smarter than Donald Trump & knew how to play politics better & get things done more efficiently. Unfortunately, that’s led to disasters like the Vietnam war, Afghanistan war, Iraq War, recessions, mass incarceration, drug war etc. Trump is not just your typical bad U.S. president though. He’s egocentric, gullible & unempathetic. Trump does things that breaks years, decades of precedent set by previous presidents. For instance, the issue of his tax returns. It’s longstanding tradition for presidential candidates of both major parties to release their tax returns to the public. Trump refused & promised to do so when he won. Then he won & he still refused to release them claiming “no one cares about my tax returns.” This is just one example of how trump continues to alter the U.S. political system. He nominates inexperienced associates to high positions in his administration, undermines rule of law by interfering in federal investigations, publicly attacks the DOJ/FBI, gets policy ideas from Fox News, turns a blind eye to the rampant corruption of individuals in his administration etc. None of this is normal.

The fear is if trump’s action do become the norm of a president in the future. What if it becomes the norm for presidential candidates to not release their tax returns? What if it becomes the norm for presidents to fire an FBI Director that’s investigating them? What if it’s the norm for presidents to attack the media & threaten to jail journalists? What if it’s the norm for presidential candidates to threaten to imprision their opponents? Trump is rapidly setting new precedents & pushing the boundaries of the office he holds. The next question is, what happens if a future president decides to come along & push those boundaries even more? When is it an appropriate time to protest & say enough? Because according to you, we’re apparently all over reacting.

an0nymous and Caine like this.
    an0nymous and Caine like this.
    Apr 24, 2024